ska2m

How to take my wedding dress on the airplane

I think it depends on what your dress is like- is it fluffy at all? I'm packaging mine the same way that it was shipped to me- The resort says they can iorn/steam and prepare it for the big day, so this way I won't take up much room. I managed to be able to fit all of my "wedding necessities" in a carry on bag.

The skirt is ruffly and there is a train but nothing huge -  My resort also provided pressing and steaming services but I still wouldn't want to fold it in a luggage. It's all personal preference. No one on the plane got upset and everyone's carry-on was able to fit.

I think it depends on what your dress is like- is it fluffy at all? I'm packaging mine the same way that it was shipped to me- The resort says they can iorn/steam and prepare it for the big day, so this way I won't take up much room. I managed to be able to fit all of my "wedding necessities" in a carry on bag.

JetBlue has to have experience with this. Maybe try calling them? I mean, what do they do with extra tulle dresses that wont fit?!

I am carrying my dress on in a garment bag and my fiance will do the same with his suit.  We don't want to risk losing them by checking them.  I have been told that many airlines are accomodating for these types of things.  I don't want to put in overhead bin, but my resort includes steaming of my dress so if it gets wrinkled they can fix it :)