Sign in to follow this  
BlueMoonGirl

Real brides vs. vendors?

Same here. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. I will be a lot more cautious in the future when reading reviews!

Originally Posted by laurar4444 View Post

This is a great thread.  Maybe I'm naive but I had not even thought of this happening.

I CONSTANTLY think about "phony brides" whenever I read a review. I can kinda tell the ones that are a fake, but it still makes me nervous. I have no other way of figuring out if a vendor is legit, other than visiting Jamaica before my actual wedding. I'm kinda eloping so I guess if things don't work out I can just get married when I get back home. I just hope and pray that everyone's upcoming nuptials/photos go smoothly. Mine included!

It's tough to figure out if a review is real or not, but thank you Tammy for everything you do to try and moderate this.

My only recommendation is to research who it was reviewed by and see if they have made other contributions to the forum.  If they have, and not just the same week, odds are they are legit.

I wish I would have had this inclination months ago before hiring our WC. I'm pretty sure that the reviews that I saw raving about her were actually fake brides. I'll give it a little time before I put her on blast, but I really think we got scammed :(

Originally Posted by laurar4444 View Post

This is a great thread.  Maybe I'm naive but I had not even thought of this happening.

It is not just you it never crossed my mind