Photo

Wedding date - What is the best time of the year to book ???

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:20 PM

Thats exactly what I was thinking!!  I'd rather take chilly in Jamaica then snow in Canada!

Originally Posted by daizyduke 

How chilly is chilly?  I booked January, and now I am worried.

#22 daizyduke

daizyduke
  • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

I'm from Ontario, so not quite as cold as Alberta, so I know what you mean.

However, I did go to Mexico over new years two years ago and the evenings were chilly (needed another layer).

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayKay 

Thats exactly what I was thinking!!  I'd rather take chilly in Jamaica then snow in Canada!

#23 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:50 PM

I can handle putting on another layer, sure beats a winter jacket, snow pants, touque, mittens, scarf, and winter boots!!  Not to mention scraping windows and shoveling snow...yeah I think another layer sounds alright to me!

Originally Posted by daizyduke 

I'm from Ontario, so not quite as cold as Alberta, so I know what you mean.

However, I did go to Mexico over new years two years ago and the evenings were chilly (needed another layer).

Quote:

#24 aahq45

aahq45
    • 179 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:03 AM

I booked January too! I think that the ocean might be a little chilly, but it's high travel season so it'll still be nice and warm!!!!

#25 JA143

JA143
      • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lua 

JA143 -- I believe you mentioned in another thread that you were planning on the Riu Negril?? if so, they do have a back-up location incase of rain. it's really nice actually. I believe I have a pic of that area too if you want. Just let me know. :)

Hi Lua, I ended up booking Ocho Rios. Ive already been to visit the resort and feel better I know the venues and am comfortable with the grounds already! I will be speaking to them about a plan b in case it rains! i praaay for great weather!

#26 browngoddess

browngoddess
        • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hi Girls --

In my opinion, and having traveled to JA many many times because my parents are Jamaican, Dec-April is still the best time to travel to JA. Summers are nice too - but I booked in March because the daytime was sunny and mid-80s and evenings were low 70s with a breeze....perfection. That way, you can still dance the night away without everyone looking sweaty in all your photos! ;)

I got a GREAT tan when I was in Montego Bay during the 2nd wk of March just this year.

#27 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
          • 335 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 06:47 AM

I've been to Jamaica 4 times previous...once in Nov...once in Jan...once in April...and once end of May!  I have to say that from my experience, Nov - early April was beautiful! All warm days and never had to layer at all! Was able to go to the beach every single day and wear tanks/summer dresses all the time! Occasionally threw on a pashmina at night, but that was it! And there were definitely a few instances when we were seeking shade or AC!! When I went in May it was WAY too hot for us...we didn't want to do excursions or move! It was just too hot!  This speaking as a Canadian who is not used to such intense heat!!!  That's why we went with January as well!  Our guests also weren't keen on travelling in the spring/summer when the weather starts to pick up here!!

So I would 100% vote for the November - March/early April time frame!  You can't go too far wrong!  

#28 JA143

JA143
            • 24 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

Heya!

I guess it truly is a hit and miss - I went to Ocho Rios, 3rd week of this past March and it was extremly windy all week. Chilly winds :( the last 3 days the overcast cleared up. I ended up deciding to book last week of April 2012 in hopes of getting more of the hot weather. 

So let's just send positive thoughts to all those having a DW that their week is PERFCT :o) <3

Originally Posted by browngoddess 

Hi Girls --

In my opinion, and having traveled to JA many many times because my parents are Jamaican, Dec-April is still the best time to travel to JA. Summers are nice too - but I booked in March because the daytime was sunny and mid-80s and evenings were low 70s with a breeze....perfection. That way, you can still dance the night away without everyone looking sweaty in all your photos! ;)

I got a GREAT tan when I was in Montego Bay during the 2nd wk of March just this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users