Iberostar Rose Hall Beach (IRHB) February 2012

I love those hanging flowers!!!!!....ours will probably be the 2nd or 9th though, so we probably couldn't share...maybe if I did the 9th and you were there already???

maybe us Feb brides should exchange e-mails or phone #'s? I'd love to share infor we get since it seems tuff to get it sometimes!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we should exchange info. I haven't really chosen a specific color theme, just bright tropical colors like oranges, bright reds, pinks, greens. I am thinking about doing the hanging chinease laterns and ordering customized shot glasses with candy in them as a wedding favor. I will let everyone know what I find out for prices and places to order from.

Hi Leslioni, I got a decent price through itravel2000, well compared to other travel agents. Its wil air canada vacations, 1 week, standard room, WPG-Montego Bay 1740.00 tax included.

The week I chose is more expensive than the start of Feb, because the 20th is a holiday.  Did you find any decent rates?

I doubt the hotel would hold stuff for us, we need to find someone in Jamaica that would take care of it for a small fee. It is a win win situation because brides going down don't have to haul extra decorations and brides coming back can just leave stuff there and sell their stuff. 

Originally Posted by bmaxam12 View Post

I am getting married at the IRHS on Feb 11th!  I heard Tameica isn't working there anymore, check out the sticky thread in the Jamaica Accommodations & Site section, cause I think someone just posted on this.

I am planning on doing a couple things kinda small for the wedding if anyone wants to buy from me! It would be great to not have to lug back home!  We can just keep the decorations going bride to bride!

I am going to recreate this pic and have floating purple orchids at the wedding site and just use the standard silver chair ties and white chuppah fabric the hotel provides:

Arch.JPG

Then have these floating candles with purple orchids at the table (estimating about 8-10)

Floating-Candles-small.jpg

I am going to put these placemats under the vases and sprinkle sanddollars, shells and starfish around them

http://www.orientaltrading.com/round-luau-fringe-place-mats-a2-34_1326.fltr?prodCatId=90000&tabId=1

Then have a starfish for every person at the table for their place tag

placecards.jpg

Sorry if this was long, just excited!!! pinkie.gif

Wow, these look great! Love the hanging flowers and the floating candles.

We are flying in on the 9th!  But I know that is too late to get the decorations to the coordinator....  I will come hover in the corner shadows of your wedding to see how it all turns out blink.gif

Originally Posted by shanas View Post

I love those hanging flowers!!!!!....ours will probably be the 2nd or 9th though, so we probably couldn't share...maybe if I did the 9th and you were there already???

maybe us Feb brides should exchange e-mails or phone #'s? I'd love to share infor we get since it seems tuff to get it sometimes!

I love all your ideas!!

I am actually doing the exact same centerpieces for my AHR.

Right now I am looking into buying paper lanterns (pink and white) to hang at the reception site for the hotel. I will probably bring them home though to use at my reception at home.

I might also bring some extra decor for the beach ceremony, I have seen some girls bring some extra material in their colours for the arch.

Are you girls planning on a beach ceremony?

I am trying to keep the costs down, but would like to do some extras!! I have all the pricing lists that the wedding coordinator sent me.

I have booked my wedding date but have not yet booked my trip lol. I plan to do that soon!

I will be flying out of Toronto probably Jan 28-Feb 4.

Leslioni,

I went to dollarama and bought these! They have 2 sizes, they come in turquoise, pink and green. They don't have any white ones. I would pick them up now, since they are seasonal items (in the gardening section).  I did find white lanterns at Pier 1 except they wanted $18 for 3 of them, but eventually I found some at dollarama (but they don't light up). My colours are turquoise and silver (since the resort supplies silver bows on the chairs, it seemed like a good idea to me!)

paper lantern.jpg

paper lantern2 (1).jpg

I did see those lanterns at Dollerama!! I think I may just grab them. I was looking on the website paperlanternstore.com, but I think if I just look around I could find them cheaper. The nice thing about that website is they have all sorts of colours and sizes.

Thanks for sharing!!

I wish I could have paper lanterns, I always wanted some, but unless you rent out the restaurant as 'private' you cant hang lanterns.  Seeing as that's $800, no thanks...

Make sure to check out orientaltrading.com .  They have AMAZING stuff for super cheap, it's where we are getting a majority of our stuff.

I went to Jo-ann fabric yesterday and found orchid stems (about 10 orchis/stem) on sale for $1.50!!  We will probably be buying up their whole stock!

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

Leslioni,

I went to dollarama and bought these! They have 2 sizes, they come in turquoise, pink and green. They don't have any white ones. I would pick them up now, since they are seasonal items (in the gardening section).  I did find white lanterns at Pier 1 except they wanted $18 for 3 of them, but eventually I found some at dollarama (but they don't light up). My colours are turquoise and silver (since the resort supplies silver bows on the chairs, it seemed like a good idea to me!)

paper lantern.jpg

paper lantern2 (1).jpg

Hey Ladies!! I am so excited to see other ladies getting Married in February, 2012 at the IRHB also!! I am booked for February 23, 2012!!!! i am soo excited and from reading this post, i now understand why Tameica has not responded to my emails in the last few weeks!!! Hopefully they find someone else who will answer our emails and such!! 

My colors are Blue, white and silver.. I have a lot of seashells, starfish  and things i will be leaving behind, that i have already purchased for the big day.. that if anyone is getting married after me, they are more than welcome to snag!