KCB2011's Passport Invites - finally! DIY info for Canadian Brides!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#11 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

#12 janette34

• 417 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Your invites turned out great!!  Thanks for all the tips, being a Canadian girl myself I was finding it hard to find the websites I needed to get my supplies but thanks to you I don't need to search any longer!

#13 Barkles

• 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Thank you so much for providing pictures and source info.  They look great.

#14 dominiqueamber

• 923 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

You did an awesome job! They're beautiful... The stamp is my favorite!

#15 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:56 AM

BEAUTIFUL!!!  these are awesome!!!

#16 Leah2012

• 154 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Great job! If only I was patient enough to do something like that! They look awesome!

#17 torilynnsmith

• 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:53 PM

I love these!! I did boarding pass invites but htis makes me want to do the passports for something too!!!

#18 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:23 PM

I've had a couple people ask about what size of stamps I ordered so I thought I would post it:

"Passport" - 1/2" x 2"

Palm Tree - 3" x 2"

"Kelsie & Tom July 19,2011" - 3/4" x 2"

#19 SS2012

• 180 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:01 PM

These look awesome! Thanks so much for all the info, I'm from Canada so this is hugely helpful to me! I am seriously considering doing these invites for my destination wedding myself, but I'm worried they are going to end up being too expensive. Did you find they were pricey per invite or in total?

#20 KCB2011

• 308 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

I was trying to figure out a ballpark cost....

Metallic Paper for Cover:  $0.20 per invite (~$0.40 per page and you get 2 covers per page)

Inside Paper:  $0.10 per invite ($10 for 100 pk at Staples and you need one page per invite which is 4 passport size pages like mine)

*If you use cardstock paper instead of the linen paper it is $8 for 125pk so a little cheaper*

Note glued to back page paper: $0.02 per invite (used same paper as inside paper)

Total Paper Cost Per Invite:  $0.32

Staples/Stapler:  I used mine from work but you can get both of these at the dollar store for under $5

Paper Cutter:  $12 (you can get more expensive, fancier ones if you want...)

Corner Rounder Punch:  $8 (you can get more expensive ones of these too if you want)

Glue: $5

Computer Ink:  about $75  (I needed 2 colour and 1 black cartridge)

Ink Pad:  $6-8 per pad (I only need one)

Stamps:  about $35 for the stamps and shipping I think.

Total Cost of Other Supplies:  $148.00

Basically, I think it cost me approximately $1.50 per invite but that does not include my time - and they did take time!!  I made about 125 invites in case you want to compare the amount of ink you will need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users