I finally finished my passport invites and I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out considering how much work they were! I should also mention that I am a very frugal bride so my goal with these was to save as much money as possible. I used the free template from
Cover Paper: Stardream Fairway Metallic Paper - Text weight (81lb/120gsm) from
Page 1: I used the same palm tree graphic from our STDs and made it a watermark (Recolor - "washout" under Format Picture in MS Word)
Passport Stamps: I made a bunch of different ones on MS Powerpoint (using shapes and text boxes) and I made them personalized to our dates, location, etc. I made these watermarked the same way I did for the palm tree on the first page and arranged them randomly on the pages behind the text.
I made these Passport type stamps the same way - they just aren't watermarked.
Last Page: I printed the little note from us on linen paper (see below for brand etc) and glued (Elmers Craft Bond stick from Michael's) it on to the inside back cover - I tried card stock and it was didn't stick very well. This actually made the back cover seem thicker. (I used a page from the ayleebits template to get the correct size for the note and I just printed 4 per page)
Paper for inside pages: Staples Cover Stock AND Synergy Bond Linen finish paper (also from Staples) - I started with the cover stock but ran out and wasn't going to buy a whole package for 10 more invites! FYI: both weights of paper worked perfectly fine so whichever you prefer would work - if you had more pages than me, you might want to use the lighter/thinner paper.
I used a cheap paper cutter (Fiskars) that I bought from Michael's on sale to cut all of the pages - then I used a corner punch (Marvy Uchida) to round the corners of all the pages - also bought at Michael's on sale. I folded everything in half so I knew where the line was that I needed to staple and then I staple from the outside. The last thing I did was stamp the front as the ink wouldn't really soak in to the paper so I didn't want it to smudge.
A few notes:
- I would suggest leaving the finished invites out to let the ink dry on the cover as there were a few that I smudged because the ink hadn't had time to dry - It was never completely dry/soaked in but it was not a problem once I started letting them sit for a bit.
- I printed everything on my home inkjet computer with no problems but it did take a couple trials (I just used grayscale printing on cheap printer paper) to make sure that the inside pages were perfectly lined up for printing double-sided.
Hopefully this will help someone!