Photo

We've Been Blogged! Our AMAZING Wedding in Cuba...shot by Heather Windsor

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
  • 401 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

It has been nearly three months since our Destination Wedding in Cuba and I am so excited to finally be able to share with my fellow BDW Brides...our photos! The decision to take a Pro Photographer was an easy one, but it was made even easier when I saw another BDW Bride's (Tilly In The Sun) photos. The look and style of her photos were EXACTLY what I was looking for! Everything fell into place and I hired Toronto-area photographer Heather Windsor (www.heatherwindsor.com) to travel with my crazy group to Cuba.

A few words on Heather...She is beautiful (inside & out) and talented. From the moment we met her, it was like hanging out with a long lost friend. She is professional, courteous and always responded to emails and answered my questions. On the day of the wedding she was not only taking pictures, but she was also like an "unofficial" bridesmaid, giving advice on hair & make-up and keeping me calm when I burst into tears at the hair salon over my frustration that my limited Spanish was not getting through to the hairdresser on how I wanted my hair to look!

Well that is enough gushing...they say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are SEVERAL pictures from our wedding! Enjoy. I will post the Trash the Dress blog when it is up!

http://www.heatherwi...g-brooke-sandy/ 

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#2 a084596

a084596
    • 58 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

Your pictures are gorgeous! Wow! Some of the best I've seen.  You and your husband both have amazing eyes and the kids - wow - cuuuuuuute!!! You are a very fortunate woman.

Congratulations again.

Originally Posted by AlexsBride 

It has been nearly three months since our Destination Wedding in Cuba and I am so excited to finally be able to share with my fellow BDW Brides...our photos! The decision to take a Pro Photographer was an easy one, but it was made even easier when I saw another BDW Bride's (Tilly In The Sun) photos. The look and style of her photos were EXACTLY what I was looking for! Everything fell into place and I hired Toronto-area photographer Heather Windsor (www.heatherwindsor.com) to travel with my crazy group to Cuba.

A few words on Heather...She is beautiful (inside & out) and talented. From the moment we met her, it was like hanging out with a long lost friend. She is professional, courteous and always responded to emails and answered my questions. On the day of the wedding she was not only taking pictures, but she was also like an "unofficial" bridesmaid, giving advice on hair & make-up and keeping me calm when I burst into tears at the hair salon over my frustration that my limited Spanish was not getting through to the hairdresser on how I wanted my hair to look!

Well that is enough gushing...they say that a picture is worth a thousand words, so here are SEVERAL pictures from our wedding! Enjoy. I will post the Trash the Dress blog when it is up!

http://www.heatherwi...g-brooke-sandy/ 

#3 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
      • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

Great pictures! your children are beautiful!

#4 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
        • 512 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

Gorgeous pictures Brooke!!!! Stunning ... and your children are beautiful. Congrats!!!!

#5 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 26 April 2011 - 01:35 PM

Beautiful pictures!

#6 muzikgrrl

muzikgrrl
          • 193 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

Great pictures! Looks like it was a great wedding!

#7 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
            • 401 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

Thanks everyone! My photog said that there were a ton of hits on the blog posting, so I am guessing a good portion of those came from you guys! I really could not be happier with the pictures. Except that I was annoyed that there was a BIG YELLOW BANANA BOAT right behind my wedding arch. LOL. She airbrushed that out of the kissing photo though. Apparently the tourists wanted to watch my wedding from the ocean!

My girls flower girl dresses were a whopping $12.95 from H&M and I thought they were just perfect for a beach wedding. I love the photo of my two year old giving me a kiss. :)

My bridesmaid dresses were from Le Chateau and they both loved them because they are very easy to wear again.

Stay tuned, I will post the link to the TTD photos as soon as the blog is posted. Thanks again. I had some work to do to fit into my dress...like a lot of work. It did not even go up over my hips in October! So in the four months between October-Feb, I had to lose weight and shape up! I did it though and ended up having to get it taken in!

#8 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
              • 401 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:31 AM

Updated because I just got the cd and here are a couple pics, some of my favourite shots from the wedding day! Lots more on the blog

Pro 234.jpgPro 148.jpgPro 246.jpgPro 624.jpgPro 323.jpg

Pro 749.jpg

#9 daizyduke

daizyduke
                • 230 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

beautiful pictures! 

#10 lololola

lololola
                  • 156 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:33 PM

Great pics, thanks for posting them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users