Photo

Something old....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Mandy1021

Mandy1021
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Oh wow is that ever a great idea, I've never heard of that before. Talk about meaningful! :)

Originally Posted by islandbride8 

I got my something old yesterday at my shower.  it's the bonnet i wore home from the hospital when i was born!  it was made so that after it's worn as a baby bonnet, you take out a couple of stitches and it turns into a hanky for your wedding day.  it even came with a poem that i couldn't even read i was crying too much :)   So, my "something old" is 28 years old.  i guess these things used to be pretty popular, b/c every bridal shower i go to in my family the bride-to-be gets one from her mom.  i think anything that connects you to your past works and you can use it anytime throughout the day of your wedding, so reception definately counts :)

Skp1, I love that idea too! :).

#22 Evgal

Evgal
    • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

Oh thats so sweet!  *sniffle*

#23 luvmoo

luvmoo
      • 503 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:12 PM

I have a button from my Grandmother's wedding dress ( that my Mom had on her wedding gown) and i also have a button from my Mother's wedding gown.. i don't have my dress yet, but i will be finding somewhere to put them on my dress! :) That will be my something old... and I am borrowing my sister's tiffany bracelet for the borrowed.. :)

#24 Tammy86

Tammy86
        • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

My something old is a fabric copy of my parents marriage certificate which is going to be sewn into the lining of my dress!

#25 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:29 AM

What a great idea! So sweet!

Originally Posted by Tammy86 

My something old is a fabric copy of my parents marriage certificate which is going to be sewn into the lining of my dress!

#26 SamLowel

SamLowel
            • Banned
            • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

I want to do this...but my mom's dress was yellow (literally). Buttons were too. My colors are red and black, so not really sure how to get them to work.

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

I have a button from my Grandmother's wedding dress ( that my Mom had on her wedding gown) and i also have a button from my Mother's wedding gown.. i don't have my dress yet, but i will be finding somewhere to put them on my dress! :) That will be my something old... and I am borrowing my sister's tiffany bracelet for the borrowed.. :)

--- Rustoleum Insuladd Insuladd Rustoleum

#27 Peach

Peach
              • 1,293 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

That is such a great idea! I am now thinking of bringing along a picture of my grandparents wedding day for my bouquet. I do not think they will be coming, in fact my grandpa might not be around then anymore. :(  But as of today, they have been married 63 years, and counting! I am very close with them, so even though the frame or bouquet is not really old, the picture is. Maybe it will be good luck? I was planning on bringing something of my grandpa anyway, if he is not around (we are two years away from the day, and he is pretty sick now...). I am just trying to figure out what I can this far in advance!

#28 Tammy86

Tammy86
                • 54 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:09 AM

Thanks! There are plenty of places where you can turn a photo/document into fabric. I stumbled across a report with a bride that did it, so I can't take all the credit!!

What a great idea! So sweet!

#29 cdc150

cdc150
                  • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:56 PM

my mom offered me her purse, but i won't need it at and AI... i'm hoping she comes up with something else

#30 Laurelyn

Laurelyn
                    • 215 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

I will have my great grandmas engagement ring for something old.  So far all of the girls in the family have been able to wear it.  It is from 1909 so definently has the old factor going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users