• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 DiggityDawn

DiggityDawn
  • 167 posts
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
  • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:25 AM

Well, I know my resort will allow them because they offer a "Star lantern" with the bride and grooms name for $300 as an option. I have not been in contact with my wedding coordinator yet about it so I'm not positive if they'll allow them, but if they offer it, I'm assuming it should be kosher. They make biodegradable sky lanterns which do not have a fuel cell at all, it's actually a candle. It is safe and fire retardant and they are allowed onto airplanes. So I'm planning to use those kind. I'm very sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my father a while back, I know how hard holidays and events like your wedding can be without them there. Thoughts and prayers to you.. :)

#22 avonladee

avonladee
  • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:38 AM

That is a very nice idea!

We have 5 people we will be honouring. So I just bought a collage frame, and made all of their pictures 4x6 and added them. I also added a starfish in the center of the whole frame.

I think it turned out really nice. And everyone will be happy to see the pictures.

I know that they will all be there in spirit as well :)

I also included them into my speech......

Before I finish I would just like to take some time to remember those who can't be with us today.

Some whom the distance was too far, and others who will be looking down on us, who I know would have loved to be here. So if I could force you all to charge your glasses one last time, I'd like to propose a toast to absent family and our angels in heaven.

#23 DiggityDawn

DiggityDawn
    • 167 posts
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Beach Resort
    • LocationRiviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by avonladee 

That is a very nice idea!

We have 5 people we will be honouring. So I just bought a collage frame, and made all of their pictures 4x6 and added them. I also added a starfish in the center of the whole frame.

I think it turned out really nice. And everyone will be happy to see the pictures.

I know that they will all be there in spirit as well :)

I also included them into my speech......

Before I finish I would just like to take some time to remember those who can't be with us today.

Some whom the distance was too far, and others who will be looking down on us, who I know would have loved to be here. So if I could force you all to charge your glasses one last time, I'd like to propose a toast to absent family and our angels in heaven.

Very nice! Great idea!!

#24 avonladee

avonladee
    • 110 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by DiggityDawn 

Very nice! Great idea!!

Thank You :)

#25 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
      • Vendor
      • 210 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

a few really sweet ideas is to release balloons, or including a white rose in your bouquet for each person you've lost. I think  this kind of ideas at paying tribute to those ones that have passed will make your day even more special.

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#26 Kyliewylie

Kyliewylie
        • 153 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 1, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Amber
        • LocationPuerto Vallarta

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:22 PM

wow, thats such a beautiful idea

#27 ChristienEarnest

ChristienEarnest
        • 183 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:40 AM

My FIs parents are both deceased and have been since he was younger. So do we still honor them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users