Jump to content

Photo

Soooooooooooo frustrated with prices!!! :(


  • Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 aahq45

aahq45
  • Jr. Member
  • 179 posts

    Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

    Good point about the resorts booking up to the point of being sold out....how many rooms did you have your TA hold?  I'm afraid that we're going to run into the same problem!!



    #22 royalbride610

    royalbride610
    • Jr. Member
    • 172 posts

      Posted 02 May 2011 - 05:31 PM


      Right, I definitely think it can be cheaper, but if your TA can price match, do it with them.  I say this just because if there is a problem, it's easier to contact your TA directly than wait on hold forever with Expedia...
       

      Originally Posted by aahq45 

      Royalbride610,

      That's great to know about the price match!!  I found that booking flight/travel was cheaper on expedia.com, but didn't think about asking my travel agent to match the price since she had just quoted us hotel stay!  I'm definitely going to see if she can do something or else I'll tell some of the guests to just book with expedia!! :) Thanks!!



       



      #23 KukuaPuntaCana

      KukuaPuntaCana
      • Banned
      • 1 posts

        Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:25 PM

        Hi Rosieanne:


        Congratulations on your wedding.
        I write from  Kukua Beach Club Restaurant, we are right next to the Bahia Principe Esmeralda, on the beach, and in our restaurant we  have a swimming pool and private beach.
        I read that you are going to stay in Bahia Principe in February 2012 for your wedding, if you need a wedding reception and private ceremony, without the eyes of all travelers, or offer your guests a dinner or lunch prior to your wedding please contact us and we will be happy to help you.
        Our website is kukuabeachclub@hotmail.com


        #24 Aphrodite

        Aphrodite
        • Jr. Member
        • 178 posts

          Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:47 AM

          Dreams was actually one of my first choices - I am getting married November 11, 2011.

          I ended up choosing Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana - gold club package, flights and everything ended up costing $1385.  I had friends complain about that price too - in the end, not everyone will be happy with the pricing.  I just told them if they don't like it then don't come and I will see them when we get back.

          We have the same guarantee that they will honour any price changes that happen 60 days before departure.



          #25 aahq45

          aahq45
          • Jr. Member
          • 179 posts

            Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

            I agree that not everyone will be happy with the prices, but I think $1385 is a great price!!  Was it your TA that guaranteed the 60 price change?  Was that just for airfare?

             

            Originally Posted by Aphrodite 

            Dreams was actually one of my first choices - I am getting married November 11, 2011.

            I ended up choosing Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana - gold club package, flights and everything ended up costing $1385.  I had friends complain about that price too - in the end, not everyone will be happy with the pricing.  I just told them if they don't like it then don't come and I will see them when we get back.

            We have the same guarantee that they will honour any price changes that happen 60 days before departure.



             



            #26 Katiem2012

            Katiem2012
            • Newbie
            • 104 posts

              Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:09 AM

              So I know this sounds really bad but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this frustrated experience! We're getting married at the Grand Palladium March 26th and the prices are upwards of $1800 everywhere I look. When we were picking the date earlier this year we were told by several agents that end of March was the cheapest but this is crazy! We told all of our guests about $1300/person give or take.... One agent did say that the best time to book is in Oct for March travel so about 6 months in advance, hope this is true, it'll be too late to switch resorts by then :(



              #27 aahq45

              aahq45
              • Jr. Member
              • 179 posts

                Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:40 PM

                Are you and most of your guests going to wait and book 6 months before?  I want to wait on our flights, but I'm just so afraid the price will go up OR the flights will all book up!?!?  Eekk!!!!
                 

                Originally Posted by Katiem2012 

                So I know this sounds really bad but I'm glad I'm not the only one having this frustrated experience! We're getting married at the Grand Palladium March 26th and the prices are upwards of $1800 everywhere I look. When we were picking the date earlier this year we were told by several agents that end of March was the cheapest but this is crazy! We told all of our guests about $1300/person give or take.... One agent did say that the best time to book is in Oct for March travel so about 6 months in advance, hope this is true, it'll be too late to switch resorts by then :(



                 



                #28 britb618

                britb618
                • Site Supporter
                • 111 posts

                  Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:21 PM

                  Well we are officially 7 months out and alot of people are still in need of booking so I guess I will see who pays more, those who booked earlier or those who wait :) 36 booked so far! 



                  #29 aahq45

                  aahq45
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 179 posts

                    Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:21 PM


                    You'll have to let me know what your research turns up!  That's soooo exciting that 36 are already booked!  Congrats!!! :)
                     

                    Originally Posted by britb618 

                    Well we are officially 7 months out and alot of people are still in need of booking so I guess I will see who pays more, those who booked earlier or those who wait :) 36 booked so far! 



                     



                    #30 MsClarke724

                    MsClarke724
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 244 posts

                      Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

                      I made the switch - Ocean Blue & Sand it is!!  :)  People have begun booking and I feel so much less stressed!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users