Photo

Non-Traditional BM Attire - Hawaiian Sarongs?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:01 PM

I am having a pretty large bridal party (7). i really want to buy them their outfits and since we are getting married in Hawaii - i am thinking about getting some really beautiful Hawaiian sarongs (blues and whites) and asking the girls to buy a new white tank (not wife beater style - HA), or tube or halter to go with them.

does anyone have any ideas of where to look online?

thanks!

#2 foxytv

foxytv
    • VIP Member
    • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

I found a TON of places with authentic Hawaiian clothing. Do a goodle search for "Hawaiian shirt" and you'll get a ton!

Welcome to Aloha Islander Trading Company

Sarongs - Turtle Island Imports

Hawaiian Shirts From Mauishirts.com - hawaiian shirts, hawaiian shirt, aloha shirts, aloha shirt, tropical shirt, hawaiian clothing, hawaiian clothes, paradise found

Kismet Hawaii Swim Wear Accessories - Exclusive Sarong and Pareo

www.alohafunwear.yahoo.stores.net

Hawaiian Dresses and Hawaiian Shirts for the Whole `Ohana!

Penners: Guayaberas, Mexican Shirts, Hawaiian Shirts, and Guayabera Shirts

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

WOW Tami - these are GREAT! - thank you so much!!!

PS. FI wanted me to tell you to thank Tom for his service and dedication to our country.

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
          WOW Tami - these are GREAT! - thank you so much!!!

PS. FI wanted me to tell you to thank Tom for his service and dedication to our country.
          You're welcome! I think there are some great prices on some of those sites as well! I browsed a lot of them searching for our GM shirts ... and just added some Sarong sites for ya as well!

I will definitely tel Tom! He has no idea how many fans he and his soldiers have on BDW! :-)

#5 bre

bre
          • 205 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:31 PM

I love that you are going non-traditional. we went with blue and white dresses from Ann Taylor but for Hawaii there are SO many great options!!

My one caution with a sarong is that it works as beach wear b/c if it flies open in a breeze you have a bikini bottom on underneath. I would suggest looking for a dressy and YOUNG style muu muu. I know the word sounds scary but if you've been to Hawaii before you'll know what I'm talking about.

There are some very good retailers there with beautiful dresses. You should ask you WC for some suggestions.

By the way, I'm incredibly jealous that you are getting married there!!! I lived there for five years and always dreamed of getting married there but it was too much to ask our families to travel their from the east coast, especially mine which all made the journey for my college graduation.

Best of luck!

Aloha,
            Bre
            Bre & Pete
            January 19, 2008
            El Dorado Royale

#6 Alyssa

Alyssa
            • 11,793 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by bre
              I love that you are going non-traditional. we went with blue and white dresses from Ann Taylor but for Hawaii there are SO many great options!!

My one caution with a sarong is that it works as beach wear b/c if it flies open in a breeze you have a bikini bottom on underneath. I would suggest looking for a dressy and YOUNG style muu muu. I know the word sounds scary but if you've been to Hawaii before you'll know what I'm talking about.

There are some very good retailers there with beautiful dresses. You should ask you WC for some suggestions.

By the way, I'm incredibly jealous that you are getting married there!!! I lived there for five years and always dreamed of getting married there but it was too much to ask our families to travel their from the east coast, especially mine which all made the journey for my college graduation.

Best of luck!

Aloha,
              Bre
              Hi Bre!
              did you live on Molokai? what do you mean by a mu mu? i am thinking of zip up hoody robes when i hear that!!!!

#7 dragonfly

dragonfly
              • 1,820 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:58 AM

I love the sarong idea, with a white tank top, you could do beautiful leys to complete the look, or a ley wreath for their hair, oh so tropical, and fun!

#8 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
                • 298 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:28 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Mrs.B 2008
                  I am having a pretty large bridal party (7). i really want to buy them their outfits and since we are getting married in Hawaii - i am thinking about getting some really beautiful Hawaiian sarongs (blues and whites) and asking the girls to buy a new white tank (not wife beater style - HA), or tube or halter to go with them.

does anyone have any ideas of where to look online?

thanks!
                  Virginia Beach wedding dresses, sarongs, gowns, ceremonies, officiants

They have beautiful sarongs there. I was thinking of my BM wearing these but then I saw a beautiful dress at Davids Bridal so I changed my mind.

#9 jen rau

jen rau
                  • 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:59 AM

cute idea
                    i think anything unique you do really makes your wedding that much more special

#10 bre

bre
                    • 205 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

I lived on O'ahu and Kaua'i and loved every minute of it!

A muumuu is a traditional Hawaii dress. they are often thought of as long and very wide/flowy, but there are some very fit/sexy/modern ones available too.

Lavahut - Hawaiian Shirts, Dresses, Aloha Clothing and Island Gifts :: Women :: Hawaiian Dress

not traditional but very cute shop: http://www.muumuuhea...rel/dresses.php
                      Bre & Pete
                      January 19, 2008
                      El Dorado Royale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users