Jamaica Wedding but what resort?

I know when we were originally looking into the resort there was alot of things IE: pool tiles and whatnot.....but its been open now since 2008 and all the problems they have had have all been fixed....so if your still stuck on the resort look at my wedding website, it has a ton of links on it if your having a hard time finding info. And thanx for the congrats on the new one.....but none of the boys are going, there going to stay back in ontario with family....with little ones we figure this will be our only trip for a while. however the fam is doing something tropic for them while were gone lol. if you need anything give me a holla

www.mywedding.com/mikeleigh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Jenni,

I am just starting my wedding planning as well and I am in almost the same boat as you except I need a date towards the end of June because I work in a school. I am completely overwhelmed with trying to pick a resort and have been browsing around on here in order to get some ideas, suggestions, check out reviews, etc. I am trying to be really frugal as well, especially in terms of the prices for our guests because I want them to feel it's affordable. I was hoping to find prices for at least 4 days for around $1000 if it's even possible! In terms of what my budget is, I am trying to keep it to under $5000. I don't know if any of this is even going to work but I am attempting. Good luck with everything and I am sure I will see you around the boards! :)

Hi there -

I'm getting married in Jamaica in 2012 also! We picked Half Moon which sounds like more than you're willing to spend. But we actually stayed at the Rose Hall Hilton while we were in Jamaica recently, and it is a good value. It was recently renovated, so the rooms are modern and clean (although the bathrooms are tiny). The food was very good, the rates were very reasonable, it's all-inclusive, and has some pretty wedding spots. I would definitely check it out!! Good luck! Yay for Jamaica in 2012 :)

Also - If you are interested in Negril, check out the Rock House which is also very reasonable and soooo pretty.

:)

I am getting married April 18, 2012 at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.  I was looking into other resorts when an old friend from HS contacted me and said she goes there every year for vaca and Is there actually this week getting married!  She said she will not stay at any other resort! I stayed at Iberostar in Punta Cana before and LOVED it!  All the reviews I found online and on here were fantastic!!  They only do one wedding a day.  I really like that, so all the attention is on us!  I noticed you said you emailed them for quotes and they didn't get back to you.  They are on "island time" down there......they take soooooo long to get back to you.  I emailed the wedding coordinator 2 weeks ago with a question and still haven't heard from her.  Im not freaking out though because I hear that a lot on here, and everyone had a great experience!  I went through a travel agent and got my quotes.  I know the weekends in April 2012 are completely booked for weddings.  We originally wanted Sunday April 22, 2012 and they were already booked, and that was 4 months ago!  So we are getting married on a Wednesday.....fine by me! lol

Hi Canadiangirl.

My friend just got back from working at GPLH.  She said that is amazing and beautiful and the food is amazing!  Congrats :)

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

well looks like you and I will be in Jamaica at the same time......were going April 11 2012, Ive been planning this wedding for 2 years now lol due to the fact we got prego after I bought my dress. So if I could help you with anything it would be this. Ive looked at 15 or so resorts, and at the end of the day were going tho the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton (which was our choice 2yrs ago). the wedding packages are great and the wedding planner is great to work with and as of today, I found a great photographer who is based in Jamaica and who is cheep. anything I can help you with let me know....and our travel agent has gotten us a great price.

Not that you need any more chaos to your decision-making process, but if you are interested in Negril, I have been nothing but amazed with Moon Dance Cliffs.  There is only one wedding per weekend, so you get 100% of the attention of the entire hotel staff... we went for a site visit last March, and the food and drink were unreal and it is just absolutely beautiful there.  The wedding coordinator Kerry is amazing.  I have so happy I chose them, and they get great reviews from past brides.  Anyway, just another hotel to throw on your spread sheet if you have time.  :)

Congratulations!

Thank you Jacki7896 for your opinion. Yes I have heard about that resort and how wonderful it is. Thank you for taking the time to respond and give your feedback, much appreciated. :-)

Are you planning on writing a review when you return from your wedding?

Hey Jenni,

One of my clients has a destination wedding genius on staff.  She knows all the best locations, pricing... she can tell you everything you need to know and if you want she can help you plan and book it if you would like her to.  Her name is Jamie and she's amazing.  Has been planning destination weddings for around 10 years!

I know of several resorts that actually offer free wedding packages (not cheap packages either), definitely something to think about when trying to stay on a budget.  Anyway, her name is Jamie and I'll give you her toll-free # (866) 365-8747 and her email is jamie@luxetraveldeals.com.  When I planned my destination wedding she helped me so much and it was fabulous!

Congratulations and good luck!

~Nichole