Turks & Caicos Wedding Planner

kendal23

ShaeShae18:

I have been lucky enough to have all 31 of my guest stay at the same resort Ocean Club West for our May 2013 upcoming wedding. I was given great discounts for wedding guests and it is definitely possible to book within your price range. I picked that resort because there are room for everyones budget. The cheapest room is a studio with no view except of the island or the most expensive is the 2 and 3 bedroom ocean views which are beautiful and just perfect for us and our guess. We went for a site visit in April and stayed in a Junior suite and it was definitely big enough for two people. For my reception I am having a beach bbq catered by Kissing Fish and a dj for 4 hours with open bar for 4 hours. We are holding a rehersal dinner at Opus which is located at Ocean Club East (we dined there and the atmosphere was perfect) also with a dj for 4 hours and open bar for 4 hours. The night before that we are renting a catamaran cruise for everyone along with also chartering a private fishing boat for deep sea fishing for the men and we are paying for spa packages for the women. By staying at the resort which is one of the resorts which is not too expensive we have been able to include a ton of event all of which we are paying for for the the guests. All of this has been affordable and withing our budget. Our wedding coordinator is Luise Bayley of Nila Destination and she is wonderful.

If you plan in advance and speak with coordinators and the hotels and find out what deals they can give you for blocking out a certain number of room for a wedding party they normally will work out some type of discount for you and your guest. Good luck with you planning.

Daniella

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also look at the Sands resort for a reasonable lodging option. They have regular rooms up to three bedroom condos. We got a great group rate there (across all room types) and it was quite reasonable for the island. All of our guests (~35) stayed there, which made it so much more fun (and convenient) for us during the days leading up to the wedding. A ton of watersports equipment is included in the rate, which a lot of our guests took advantage of, and the on-site restaurant, Hemingways, is very good and fairly reasonable (we had our rehearsal dinner there - the actual wedding and reception were at Seven Stars). 

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone. I just returned from my wonderful wedding in turks in caicos.

I really found this blog a big help in helping plan the wedding.

i can help new brides with what they need to know and how they can save some money.

we had a wonderful time and wish everyone happy planning.

• 1 month later...

Is there a reason why nobody has considered the Veranda in T+C?  I am looking to get married in Turks next year (hopefully May 2013, although I realize this is very late to start planning) and love the idea of an all inclusive for guest to be able to relax.  At this point I was also planning on having our ceremony and reception at the Veranda as well but have found there are very limited reviews of the resort itself and the wedding.  Does anybody have any insight?  Ideally I would love guests to be able to stay all in the same resort, although from this thread it seems that may be impossible.  Will I still need a wedding planner for an all inclusive resort?  Or would you advise me to go somewhere like the Somerset and Seven Stars that seem to be well versed in these types of things?  THANK YOU in advance for your help!

Originally Posted by CaribbeanWed View Post

Is there a reason why nobody has considered the Veranda in T+C?  I am looking to get married in Turks next year (hopefully May 2013, although I realize this is very late to start planning) and love the idea of an all inclusive for guest to be able to relax.  At this point I was also planning on having our ceremony and reception at the Veranda as well but have found there are very limited reviews of the resort itself and the wedding.  Does anybody have any insight?  Ideally I would love guests to be able to stay all in the same resort, although from this thread it seems that may be impossible.  Will I still need a wedding planner for an all inclusive resort?  Or would you advise me to go somewhere like the Somerset and Seven Stars that seem to be well versed in these types of things?  THANK YOU in advance for your help!

The Veranda is a beautiful resort but the less expensive rooms are not very large. They have some spacious houses available with private plunge pools but I have no idea the rates on those. We knew they would be out of our range. I have some pics from our visit if you are seriously considering it. We didn't stay there, just toured the property. There is an open oceanfront patio above one of the restaurants that would be wonderful for a reception. We were unimpressed by the limited on site options for food and what we saw did not look all that great. With so many fantastic restaurants on island it didn't make sense to me to be limited to the resort. Grace Bay Club, the sister property, includes a hot breakfast and an afternoon tea so while it is not all inclusive, it does offer more than most of the other resorts.  We are getting married there in October. You could definitely plan a wedding without an outside planner but I have been really happy using Nila Destinations. I feel like between Shameka at Grace Bay Club and  Ashleigh and Luise at Nila, my wedding is in very good hands. Shameka is not always quick to respond to emails so it is nice to have Nila there to answer questions and help me with ideas. During my site visit they were a huge help and I hadn't even signed the contract yet!

We booked our stay directly with the resort and booked flights directly through the airlines. I considered using a travel agent that could handle everyone's arrangements but it was easy enough to just do on our own.