Turks & Caicos Wedding Planner

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 JenRoseRDH

JenRoseRDH
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by emiillly 

Jen, your wedding looks beautiful!  Do you have the contact information for Kelci Talbot?  

I don't have his info, Luise at Nila handled his booking for us. I love the steel drums, it gives such a great Carribean vibe! Best of luck to you!

#52 TokiSF

TokiSF
    • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hello everyone!

My first post on this website. Hope I'm doing this right! I am reaching out to you ladies because I have a bit of a conundrum...

We have been emailing back and forth with Nila Destinations and were pretty set on using Lynne but it turns out she is unavailable during the weekend we plan on doing our site visit. She has suggested we meet with Mary from Nila and if we want to book them, Mary will become our coordinator. I am a bit worried as I haven't seen anything posted about her and wanted to see if any of you have experience with her. I'm sure she will do a great job and all but I hate going in blind...

#53 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
      • Vendor
      • 336 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by TokiSF 

Hello everyone!

My first post on this website. Hope I'm doing this right! I am reaching out to you ladies because I have a bit of a conundrum...

We have been emailing back and forth with Nila Destinations and were pretty set on using Lynne but it turns out she is unavailable during the weekend we plan on doing our site visit. She has suggested we meet with Mary from Nila and if we want to book them, Mary will become our coordinator. I am a bit worried as I haven't seen anything posted about her and wanted to see if any of you have experience with her. I'm sure she will do a great job and all but I hate going in blind...

Mary is a long time resident on island (been around about 18 years, came when I did).  She has worked in catering and event planning as long as I can remember, initially managing Fairways the golf course events/and restaurant ages ago and working part time with Kissing Fish Catering while her son was younger (she helped set up and over saw receptions on the weekends when her hubby was at home).  She's joined Nila this year (her son is now in school full time) which is a great fit for her with her experience and a big "get" for Nila, as I know many people on island would love to hire her. She is not new to event and wedding planning and knows EVERYONE on island and has been on island longer than Louise and Lynne and the 3 of them make a great team.  She is Irish, with a great sense of humor as well as very organized.  (I will disclose that she is a long time friend as well but you will find she is friends with soooo many on island).   I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her, as she knows her stuff.

Krys

#54 TokiSF

TokiSF
        • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Thanks so much for this, Krys! It makes sense as to why I wasn't able to find anything about her online. I've gone ahead and booked her for a site visit! As always, your comments are extremely helpful! Thank you again :)

#55 dsalvato62913

dsalvato62913
          • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

I am getting married at Seven Stars in June & love Niki & Laura. But I need help with musicians on the island. I want acoustic for the ceremony & a dj/badn for the reception. Who has everyone used & liked???

#56 nkm0225

nkm0225
            • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Is there a way to have your wedding at Grace Bay Club and not have many guests stay there? 

#57 nkm0225

nkm0225
              • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

How many rooms did you need to book at Grace Bay in order to hold your wedding there?

#58 paulinern

paulinern
                • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Hi, I am also planning my wedding in T/C on 11/30/13. Planning a destination wedding is exciting yet stressful, especially when we've never been there before. Did you decide on hiring a wedding coordinator? Pauline

#59 nkm0225

nkm0225
                  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yes, we visited there a few weeks ago. Grace Bay Club is beautiful! We originally were looking at Seven Stars, but the minute we arrived we knew it wasn't for us. Were you able to work out a room deal at GBC?

#60 nkm0225

nkm0225
                    • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Not sure about the wedding planner yet, only because I am trying to keep everything simple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users