Photo

Super excited and overwhelmed!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 baileybutton

baileybutton
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 03:02 AM

I am leaning towards Jamaica. Natalie2012-What resort did you choose?

My family is not comfortable with me choosing Mexico (due to recent murders of Canadians-although I would be ok with Mexico, I think my family watches too much TV) and Cuba is off my list cause my FI is in the Canadian Military and someone told me there is more stuff he needs to do to be aloud in Cuba.  DR and Bahamas are still on my list too.

I think we won't be getting married till spring 2013. I asked a TA when pricing would be available they said we won't be able to see pricing until summer 2012.  I'm going to see if I can  get a hold of some 2012 pricing just to get an idea. I'm hoping to stay in the $1500-$1800 pp per week range. So there is no sense in my falling in love with a $4000.00 pp per week resort, lol.

I would love to get married in 2012 but we already have another DW to go to next year and I'm MOH in my besties wedding....so next year is already kinda pricey. I'm pretty sure we'll need another year to save and plan!

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#12 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
    • 447 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by baileybutton 

My family is not comfortable with me choosing Mexico (due to recent murders of Canadians-although I would be ok with Mexico, I think my family watches too much TV) and Cuba is off my list cause my FI is in the Canadian Military and someone told me there is more stuff he needs to do to be aloud in Cuba.  DR and Bahamas are still on my list too.

I think we won't be getting married till spring 2013. I asked a TA when pricing would be available they said we won't be able to see pricing until summer 2012.  I'm going to see if I can  get a hold of some 2012 pricing just to get an idea. I'm hoping to stay in the $1500-$1800 pp per week range. So there is no sense in my falling in love with a $4000.00 pp per week resort, lol.

I would love to get married in 2012 but we already have another DW to go to next year and I'm MOH in my besties wedding....so next year is already kinda pricey. I'm pretty sure we'll need another year to save and plan!

That's a great plan to hold off on it! trust me, it will go by so fast!

#13 Natalie2012

Natalie2012
      • 212 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hello Baileybutton, I am booked at the Gran Bahia Principle Runaway Bay Jamaica. Our big day is April 3 2012:) I chose Jamaica because I LOVE IT there!  We got a pretty good deal from our TA! Good luck with the planning:)

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

That's a great plan to hold off on it! trust me, it will go by so fast!

Originally Posted by baileybutton 

#14 aeluzu

aeluzu
        • 212 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

Congratulations and

Amanda & Marc
          June 11th, 2011
          EPM! Are you ready for us?

#15 jamieirene

jamieirene
          • 650 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:05 PM

My fiance and I happened to get engaged on a trip to Mexico so when we began planning our wedding we knew how special it would be for us to go back with family and friends and share our special day! : )

#16 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
            • 995 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

welcome!  this is definitely a GREAT site for DW brides..all sorts of great info and ideas...good luck and again, WELCOME!!!

#17 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
              • 3,074 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:49 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations. All the best in planning your special day.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                                    100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#18 krsmith

krsmith
                • 528 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

Congrats! 

This is the BEST website for planning a DW without a doubt. You will find the most helpful posts on just about anything you could think of as well as amazing ladies with their tips and advice. Do plenty of research and narrow it down by whats most important to you. For us it was cost. Not only for us, but for all of our friends and family. That is how we came to the decision to go to Mexico. Although there is some violence going on right now, it is pretty removed from all the places you would probably want to be. Our photographer has a Wiki on here that has thousands of pictures of weddings at a TON of resorts in the Rivera Maya. It made making a decision a little easier (and sometimes harder since they all look beautiful) and gave me lots of great ideas. 

You can check them all out here : http://www.bestdesti...ws-riviera-maya

Happy Planning!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users