• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:14 PM

we easily could have gone without the cake - not sure anyone really ate it. but paul wanted one - so we got one. i think it was more for the traditional cake cutting pics!

#32 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
    • 176 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:45 PM

I agree with Ann. We got a cake and it was 300US for 60 people to eat. We had 77 guests. I had quoted 600 earlier in a post. Mistake on price. I think maybe 10 people ate it. hahaha but have a little one and do the cake pic thing and then move along to dancing. Everyone seemed anxious to go dance after dinner. We did our cake cutting pretty much alone w/ the cameraman. I had them use fondant. Dont do it. It was melting. hahaha
      Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#33 nat4crim

nat4crim
      • 163 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:48 AM

With a dessert buffet very few people will eat the cake. My FH could do without the cake but I want one for pictures and traditions. Although I really love lemon cake, I decided against paying for an upgrade because I know it will go uneaten. I am sticking with the basic vanilla cake. What I am going to do though to increase the odds of it being eaten is have it served on the boat on the way back. That way, people may not be as full and may want to eat some after dancing and drinking. We will do the formal pics there of course.

#34 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
        • 26,161 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 04:57 AM

With us I think it was the opposite, people ate the cake but didn't eat too much of the dessert buffet. It's not too expensive per slice compared to what I read here about other locales, but if you'd rather save the money it's no big deal to go without it.

#35 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
          • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

A lot of our guests didn't realize there was cake - and they filled up on the dessert buffet...but the cake was SOOOOO good! We just had the basic white cake with white icing - and it was awesome!

Nicole packaged up the leftovers for us to take back to our hotel - but my cousin accidentally dropped them on the ground after we got off the boat in PV - so bye bye cake. I almost cried!

Lindsay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users