Photo

Taking extra decor to the resort.

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

so i found a picture of the reception location for any future bride at the GPLHreception location.jpg

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#12 Soon2BNJersey

Soon2BNJersey
    • 179 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:28 AM

At the very last minute ( weeks prior to my wedding ) I decided to cancel the florist and get real touch flowers.  I ordered from afloral, they are easy to assemble and I spent half of what I would spend and got DOUBLE THE ITEMS.  I will post pics when my DIY bouquets are finished.  Seriously my bouquet was $80 (now $50) my BM Bouquets were $50 (now $25) The groom and groomsman's flowers were $25 (now $10)  think about it?

#13 ShellyCarter

ShellyCarter
      • 217 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

thanks guys!

I think i'm going to go with the real touch flowers.

and my bridesmaid can get to keep their bouquet.

As for the rest of the decor i think i will try to take down small items.

i hope everything works out.

Finger crossed! X

Married! xo

#14 redginger

redginger
        • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:11 PM

Do you know if preserved flowers will hold up okay in the tropical heat? I decided not to use preserved flowers because my wedding coordinator said it won't last. So, I'll either purchase silk petals or use natural petals. Thanks!

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

Hi Shelly!  I must have missed this part when I read your thread the first time... I'm taking down Preserved Orchids (white with pink accents) to scatter around the tables and also having them place one on each plate with the seashell.  :)

#15 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
          • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

What is everyone using for their flowergirls?? real petals?? or are you brining them from home?

#16 redginger

redginger
            • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:19 PM

Is your wedding on the beach? If so, you might need to get permission from your hotel to throw silk or fake petals on the sand. For this reason, we have to use real petals for tossing by the flowergirls. Our flowergirls wanted to throw tiny starfish, but I don't want to have to bring these and they may poke someone's eyes out! I might have them blow bubbles :-)

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

What is everyone using for their flowergirls?? real petals?? or are you brining them from home?

#17 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
              • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:22 PM

OMGosh!! Tiny starfish is adorible!! I love that!!!! Yes it is on the beach!! Good point I'll check with the resort... would your resort allow you to use the starfish on the beach?

Originally Posted by redginger 

Is your wedding on the beach? If so, you might need to get permission from your hotel to throw silk or fake petals on the sand. For this reason, we have to use real petals for tossing by the flowergirls. Our flowergirls wanted to throw tiny starfish, but I don't want to have to bring these and they may poke someone's eyes out! I might have them blow bubbles :-)

#18 redginger

redginger
                • 360 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Yes, but the starfish has to be real ones (not the resin or plastic). Maybe your resort is more flexible :-)

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr 

OMGosh!! Tiny starfish is adorible!! I love that!!!! Yes it is on the beach!! Good point I'll check with the resort... would your resort allow you to use the starfish on the beach?

#19 Sllefebvr

Sllefebvr
                  • 1,008 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:22 AM

Haha!! Doubtful it is a Beaches resort!!

Originally Posted by redginger 

Yes, but the starfish has to be real ones (not the resin or plastic). Maybe your resort is more flexible :-)

#20 zbwedding

zbwedding
                    • 156 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

Throwing small starfish is a great idea.  I'm definitely going to check with my resort on that one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users