29 replies to this topic

#21 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JenandBrendan
    I agree, the orange would be a great contrast and those dresses are GORGEOUS!!! Definitely go with it. And if green dresses show up, it's ok - but don't worry, that won't happen. What a funny story!!!
    Thanks Jen, I really was worried about dreaming about them again! Ha!
    We will decide by this weekend!

#22 chrisnessa

chrisnessa
    • 176 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:18 PM

So is it fair to say that you tip your WC $100
      Her assistant $50
      The Minister $100

Me confused here. I know we dont have to but is that what most of you are doing?
      Our first year married. We had our marriage blessed at our Catholic Church.

#23 LisaG

LisaG
      • VIP Member
      • 7,839 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

Am I the only one that didn't/or isn't going to tip the minister? I feel a little bad now. I wasn't aware that we were suppose to =(

#24 Jenn

Jenn
        • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LisaG
          Am I the only one that didn't/or isn't going to tip the minister? I feel a little bad now. I wasn't aware that we were suppose to =(
          I hadn't even thought about tipping the minister... I guess it would be appropriate. How much did everyone tip the officiant?

#25 Sharonie

Sharonie
          • 557 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

Tipping is not allowed at Couples resort, so I haven't really thought about all of these. Wow, maybe I should be prepared...

#26 christenew

christenew
            • 325 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jen rau
              i'm a photographer not a coordinator but i'd say i am offered tips at about 20% of my weddings.

i feel like tips are meant for people who are not well paid, ie waiters OR vendors working for a big company. i work for myself, i get every dollar the couple pay me so i don't accept tips. i think the same goes for coordinators, if they work for themselves they don't need a tip. other vendors may kill me for saying this but its just my opinion. what is super nice is when couples send me a thank you. a lot of times they feel like i outdid their expectations and want to thank me. i'll never turn down a thank you because i love that they are taking special effort to let me know that love what i did.
              I am planning on taking a professional photographer with me to the resort. We pay his flight and accomidations and then pay a discount price for our package. He comes for 1 week and his photos start from the airport and end at the airport. He comes on excursions and all events. Would you tip him? If so how much?

#27 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by christenew
                I am planning on taking a professional photographer with me to the resort. We pay his flight and accomidations and then pay a discount price for our package. He comes for 1 week and his photos start from the airport and end at the airport. He comes on excursions and all events. Would you tip him? If so how much?
                We did not tip ours, but she owns her company.

#28 Jenn

Jenn
                • 1,557 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

I'm sure the photogs will chime in, but I think referrals and raves are more suited to a photog. We didn't tip Robin, but I would highly recommend her!

#29 christenew

christenew
                  • 325 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

Thanks so much for the input!!!

#30 Samantha S

Samantha S
                    • 369 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:43 AM

Oh my gosh, I am so glad I read this thread! I was planning on tipping my WC but I never would have thought to tip my photog or the minister. I used to be a server during college so I am huge on making sure I tip in tipping industries but I wouldn't have imagined tipping in the latter two instances. I doubt I will tip our photog based on the reasons described by photogs and people in this thread but not sure about the minister...?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users