Question about wedding coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Ann, was it a percentage?
I read somewhere that tips shouldn't exceed $150... I just wanted to make sure I am not giving them too little I guess.

What would an appropriate 'gift' be?
I actually can't remember! So sad. Paul handled it - but maybe he gave like $300 to Nicole for the 3 of them? Maybe it was more? And I had planned to send them something as a little thank you, but I'm awful and haven't got around to it.

I like the Tiffany idea though - thanks!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered pashminas with the group and I got two free ones. The free ones are pretty, but not something I'd wear, so I was thinking of giving one to Claudia and one to Daniella and then also some cash, but wasn't sure how much. It wasn't going to be $100 though, am I being cheap!??

I guess my thinking is that I've heard claudia does a wonderful job with the weddings and when she gets back to me she answers all of my questions, but that is "WHEN" she gets back to me. It does take a long time to get answers sometimes and thats frustrating, if I was having a larger wedding I would be ready to hurt someone!

so, does the pash idea and cash sound cheesy? I figured I might as well give them to someone, but I couldn't give just that. Maybe $50 each with the pash?

I'm going to see how I like the services ... but I do plan on a tip and/or gift. I will have an OOT bag for her, since the people in the DR appreciate ANYTHING ... but I don't think I'll need to tip her $100. I think $50 in the DR shold be more than enough for a job well done ... but again, we'll see. Even though its an AI, we'll be giving tips for good service throughout the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
What happened with your BM's dresses (in your dream?) Not to change the topic of the thread, but I can TOTALLY relate to the restless nights. Can't get this wedding planning stuff out of my head. I feel like I keep asking the same questions over and over too.
I know, it has consumed me! I think once I get past the BM dress bit I will be much better off.

Ok Jen - you asked...
So I wanted to go with orange for dresses. The walk up to the gazebo is lined with nice green grass, the water is turquoise in the background, gazebo is white.
To add a pop of colour - orange. I wanted to pick a colour I would actually wear myself, so that would be green, turquoise, orange, burgundy. Not pastel colours. My dress is ivory, more on the yellowish side, so I need warm colour.

All the oranges I am finding are too 'fall' like. Not beachy to me.
My MOH and I have been everywhere in Columbus. When we find something online we like, they don't have it in the store, or not the right sizes online (ex: Nordstrom).

So this is where my dream picked up. I have two BMs that are currently pregnant.
One due end of Sept, the other mid-October. One has an idea what size she will be as it is her 3rd child, the other, her first child - no idea. In real life, the place where the dresses are I liked the best said the latest we should order is Sept 13th. We would get them 4 wks before we leave for Mexico and have time for alterations. Oh, did I mention two of the girls are in Mexico and I have to ship them to them and they can get them altered there? So I ordered them in my dream and they came back too small and green! ~So I yell, "Just buy orange dresses! I don't care what they look like, just buy orange dresses!"

Ugh! This green really would be pretty on all of them, but I want a colour other than what is already in the surroundings. It shouldn't be this hard... and I haven't been procrastinating... This weekend, MUST decide ... this is it. I don't want to dream about it again.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Oh, here is the colour that is *currently* in the lead.
A bit darker than I had in mind, but it is beautiful:
Jim Hjelm Occasions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
so, does the pash idea and cash sound cheesy? I figured I might as well give them to someone, but I couldn't give just that. Maybe $50 each with the pash?

I don't think it sounds cheesy at all! It will be nice for the breezy nights by the water.

Thanks for the ideas ladies, I do like the idea of giving her a small gift and cash.

i'm a photographer not a coordinator but i'd say i am offered tips at about 20% of my weddings.

i feel like tips are meant for people who are not well paid, ie waiters OR vendors working for a big company. i work for myself, i get every dollar the couple pay me so i don't accept tips. i think the same goes for coordinators, if they work for themselves they don't need a tip. other vendors may kill me for saying this but its just my opinion. what is super nice is when couples send me a thank you. a lot of times they feel like i outdid their expectations and want to thank me. i'll never turn down a thank you because i love that they are taking special effort to let me know that love what i did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen rau View Post
i'm a photographer not a coordinator but i'd say i am offered tips at about 20% of my weddings.

i feel like tips are meant for people who are not well paid, ie waiters OR vendors working for a big company. i work for myself, i get every dollar the couple pay me so i don't accept tips. i think the same goes for coordinators, if they work for themselves they don't need a tip. other vendors may kill me for saying this but its just my opinion. what is super nice is when couples send me a thank you. a lot of times they feel like i outdid their expectations and want to thank me. i'll never turn down a thank you because i love that they are taking special effort to let me know that love what i did.
Thanks for the input, I have two photographers as well, oh and the resort videographer :)

My coordinator is actually from the resort and I know she handles a wedding almost every day. They finally got her an assistant. I do want her to know I appreciate answering all my questions and I have lots of them! I have heard only good things about her from those that have been married there. So I don't know if a thank you gift and/or cash is appropriate.

I know, it has consumed me! I think once I get past the BM dress bit I will be much better off.

Ok Jen - you asked...

So I wanted to go with orange for dresses. The walk up to the gazebo is lined with nice green grass, the water is turquoise in the background, gazebo is white.

To add a pop of colour - orange. I wanted to pick a colour I would actually wear myself, so that would be green, turquoise, orange, burgundy. Not pastel colours. My dress is ivory, more on the yellowish side, so I need warm colour.

All the oranges I am finding are too 'fall' like. Not beachy to me.

My MOH and I have been everywhere in Columbus. When we find something online we like, they don't have it in the store, or not the right sizes online (ex: Nordstrom).

So this is where my dream picked up. I have two BMs that are currently pregnant.

One due end of Sept, the other mid-October. One has an idea what size she will be as it is her 3rd child, the other, her first child - no idea. In real life, the place where the dresses are I liked the best said the latest we should order is Sept 13th. We would get them 4 wks before we leave for Mexico and have time for alterations. Oh, did I mention two of the girls are in Mexico and I have to ship them to them and they can get them altered there? So I ordered them in my dream and they came back too small and green! ~So I yell, "Just buy orange dresses! I don't care what they look like, just buy orange dresses!"

Ugh! This green really would be pretty on all of them, but I want a colour other than what is already in the surroundings. It shouldn't be this hard... and I haven't been procrastinating... This weekend, MUST decide ... this is it. I don't want to dream about it again.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Oh, here is the colour that is *currently* in the lead.

A bit darker than I had in mind, but it is beautiful:

Jim Hjelm Occasions

I agree, the orange would be a great contrast and those dresses are GORGEOUS!!! Definitely go with it. And if green dresses show up, it's ok - but don't worry, that won't happen. What a funny story!!!