Sign in to follow this  
PaulaV

Question about wedding coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh View Post
i did tip Nicole at the end of the night - well her, Kelley (the other WC), and Brad (minister)
Ann, was it a percentage?
I read somewhere that tips shouldn't exceed $150... I just wanted to make sure I am not giving them too little I guess.

What would an appropriate 'gift' be?

I have no problem giving a tip only if the services that were provided were stellar. My WC from the Riu is not the best person to work with, but I heard she does do a good a job overall and not to worry.

I guess we will see.

I know there was another thread posted about this awhile back.

I plan on getting my WC a gift from Tiffany's (either a braclet or a jewelry bag.) I would think a $150 tip would be very nice. I don't think you need to spend more than that.

We tipped our WC $100. She was very appreciative.

Our hotel photog on the other hand....did a great job and we were going to tip him $100 also (I had it in my hand about to hand it to him), but he asked me for a tip then handed me an envelope with his name and "tip" on it. I was like, are you kidding me...you can't ASK for a tip!!?? I ended up giving him $20 because I was not very happy with the way he handled it.

But by that time in our trip after all the bad things happened to us....I could care less about what people thought about me and the tip I left them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenandBrendanWedding View Post
I know there was another thread posted about this awhile back.

I plan on getting my WC a gift from Tiffany's (either a braclet or a jewelry bag.) I would think a $150 tip would be very nice. I don't think you need to spend more than that.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I usually do a search before I post. Everything is running together.

Let's just leave it at I had dreams about BM dresses last night, so I had a restless night... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Thanks for the suggestions.

I usually do a search before I post. Everything is running together.

Let's just leave it at I had dreams about BM dresses last night, so I had a restless night... :)

What happened with your BM's dresses (in your dream?) Not to change the topic of the thread, but I can TOTALLY relate to the restless nights. Can't get this wedding planning stuff out of my head. I feel like I keep asking the same questions over and over too.