Jump to content

Photo

I bought my dress today (ebay)!


  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

    Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:52 PM

    I agree, I agree, I agree! I told my boss I am having wedding dress issues and am not coming to work tomorrow so I can handle it. I am going to go try on the other 2 dresses that I liked and take pics to see what I think of them. Am I blinded by the price tag? I don't know, cuz I really like the way it looks and I like it looking in the mirror, but I do hate the pics. So we'll see. I will check back in on Friday.

    #52 JulieG

    JulieG
    • VIP Member
    • 8,323 posts

      Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:56 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
      I agree, I agree, I agree! I told my boss I am having wedding dress issues and am not coming to work tomorrow so I can handle it. I am going to go try on the other 2 dresses that I liked and take pics to see what I think of them. Am I blinded by the price tag? I don't know, cuz I really like the way it looks and I like it looking in the mirror, but I do hate the pics. So we'll see. I will check back in on Friday.
      My sister had a blinded by the price tag problem. I talked her out of it and she fell in love with the dress she ended up buying (for not much more) and was so happy I made her try on more dresses.

      Go and try on lots more, not just 2, try on lots and lots, even ones that you do not think will look good on you, you might surprise yourself, I know that it was happens for most brides, they have an idea in mind and fall in love with something else. Also, tell the store that you need to take a picture and you will not buy anything till you know how you look in the pictures and you have to love it. DO NOT FORGET YOUR CAMERA!!!

      I hope you find a dress you love both on you and in pictures. Good Luck

      #53 Spazz

      Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

        Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:39 PM

        Carly, I'm glad you are going to try on more, it sounds like you will be happier. Let us know what you find. Good luck!!!

        #54 boscobel

        boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

          Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

          Well, ladies, I suppose it was a false alarm. I returned the dress last night, after dress hunting all day again yesterday. I keep coming back to the same dress, the Lazaro in my original post. I am pretty sure that's the dress, but it is like 3x's more then I wanted to spend. I still love that dress that I got from EBAY, but it just wasn't a flattering cut on my body. Thanks for all your support and kind words, I will post again when I get my "real" dress.

          #55 *JillD*

          *JillD*
          • Sr. Member
          • 5,112 posts

            Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

            carly did you try looking at an online bridal place that has your lazaro dress? I know Jessalyn got hers from RK bridal and it was less than the store.

            #56 JulieG

            JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

              Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:07 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by jilly76
              carly did you try looking at an online bridal place that has your lazaro dress? I know Jessalyn got hers from RK bridal and it was less than the store.
              I was going to say the same thing. The dress I loved was around $400 cheaper online than it was in the salons. So, you should totally do that.

              So, you returned the ebay dress?

              Just keep looking, you have quite a bit of time, there is no rush. The perfect dress is out there waiting for you to find it.

              #57 boscobel

              boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

                Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:21 AM

                I haven't been able to find that dress anywhere else, but I also found that all the Lazaro's are flattering to my body, so I think I will just stalk ebay and discount online stores.

                I did return the ebay dress. The store that I bought it from claims to have over 4,000 sample dresses in stock, so I told her that I am interested in any Lazaro she has. We shall see.

                The only way I can afford the Lazaro from the salon is buying the sample (40% off), and there is another girl interested in it. This has been my #1 dress for 8 months, so I am so tempted to snatch it up before this other girl, but I am trying to hold out to see if I can get a better price...

                Hmm, RB Bridal doesn't have Lazaro listed. I will search other sites as well...

                #58 JulieG

                JulieG
                • VIP Member
                • 8,323 posts

                  Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:48 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                  I haven't been able to find that dress anywhere else, but I also found that all the Lazaro's are flattering to my body, so I think I will just stalk ebay and discount online stores.

                  I did return the ebay dress. The store that I bought it from claims to have over 4,000 sample dresses in stock, so I told her that I am interested in any Lazaro she has. We shall see.

                  The only way I can afford the Lazaro from the salon is buying the sample (40% off), and there is another girl interested in it. This has been my #1 dress for 8 months, so I am so tempted to snatch it up before this other girl, but I am trying to hold out to see if I can get a better price...

                  Hmm, RB Bridal doesn't have Lazaro listed. I will search other sites as well...
                  I wish I could remember all the places I checked. Do a google search for Lazaro brial gowns and I am sure you will see other places that sell it. 40% off is really good though, I find it hard to beleive you would get it cheaper. I would totally buy it out from under her, but that is me. lol When I want something I go for it.

                  #59 JulieG

                  JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

                    Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

                    Here are some things I found when I did a search.

                    Lazaro Bridal

                    House of Brides (I am sure someone on here used this site)

                    eBay Store - Your Dream Dress: Lazaro: AUTH. LAZARO 3553 COUTURE BRIDAL DRESS GOWN 3.4K

                    AUTH. LAZARO 3361 COUTURE BRIDAL DRESS GOWN SZ 10 - (eBay item 270162583506 end time Sep-14-07 19:45:48 PDT)

                    #60 boscobel

                    boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

                      Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:09 PM

                      Thanks, Julie! I know, my mom is home today (she is contributing $1k towards the dress), so I am tempted to tell her to run over and pick it up. I have cramps so bad right now though, that I can't even sit up straight let alone pick up the phone.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users