Sign in to follow this  
tammy 2012

Wedding colors dilemma!

I LOVE it!  Such an interesting look with different colours, yet all the same style!  And what a great touch matching the guy's flower to the girl's dress!

Originally Posted by edub007 View Post

Almost forgot.... the guys wore ivory and only their flowers matched the girls. (Sorry about the hidden faces, but you get the picture!)

WeddingPartyHidden.png

Love the colors! They look so good!

Originally Posted by edub007 View Post

I decided on my wedding colors in part by what looked good on my bridesmaids (red head, brunette, and blonde) and I knew I wanted vibrant colors to add to the beach scene. I then matched the flowers to the dresses and went from there with all my decorations.

GirlsDresses.png

My wedding colors were white and different blues. I decided to use different blues so that I wouldn't have to stress about matching the exact shade.

So the girls wore the same dress in teal, royal blue, and sky blue. They still looked cohesive because they wore matching white jewelry and white flip flops. The guys all wore the same light-medium blue shirts, khaki pants, brown belt, and brown flip flops.

Here are some pictures. (Unfortunately I don't have my professional pictures yet. So I don't have any of the guys and girls all together at the moment).

188240_2269891551056_1361637646_2666939_5679941_n.jpg

263367_2269928031968_1361637646_2667040_2953891_n.jpg286550_10150258929951374_549601373_7799114_4263802_o.jpg254649_10150258930841374_549601373_7799132_3357401_n.jpg

So I forgot to include that, though I may be biased, I like the idea of different colored dresses. I think you can tie in the look with matching accessories. As for the guys, I agree that finding colors to match the girls exactly was a concern of mine, which is why I had them dressed the same. Personally, I'd rather look purposely mis-matched than do a bad job at matching.

Hopefully after seeing edub's pics and these, you'll have a better idea if the different color look is what's right for you.

Originally Posted by jmastr05 View Post

My wedding colors were white and different blues. I decided to use different blues so that I wouldn't have to stress about matching the exact shade.

So the girls wore the same dress in teal, royal blue, and sky blue. They still looked cohesive because they wore matching white jewelry and white flip flops. The guys all wore the same light-medium blue shirts, khaki pants, brown belt, and brown flip flops.

Here are some pictures. (Unfortunately I don't have my professional pictures yet. So I don't have any of the guys and girls all together at the moment).

188240_2269891551056_1361637646_2666939_5679941_n.jpg

263367_2269928031968_1361637646_2667040_2953891_n.jpg286550_10150258929951374_549601373_7799114_4263802_o.jpg254649_10150258930841374_549601373_7799132_3357401_n.jpg

Their dresses are really pretty. Where did they get them from??

So I forgot to include that, though I may be biased, I like the idea of different colored dresses. I think you can tie in the look with matching accessories. As for the guys, I agree that finding colors to match the girls exactly was a concern of mine, which is why I had them dressed the same. Personally, I'd rather look purposely mis-matched than do a bad job at matching.

Hopefully after seeing edub's pics and these, you'll have a better idea if the different color look is what's right for you.

David's Bridal! I was doing everything to avoid buying from David's Bridal because I read that they have bad customer service. In the end, they had the best price/color/style combination for what I needed. Plus, I ordered the dresses on line and had them shipped to me. After placing the order, didn't have to deal with David's Bridal anymore. Each girl got her own dress altered at a place convenient for her.

Here's the link to the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Sleeveless-Split-Front-Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-F13307_Sale-Sale-Bridesmaid-Dresses. This particular style is on sale (it was also on sale when I bought it over a year ago), so it don't come in all of the colors that I used anymore. There's still Horizon (royal blue), but not Pool (sky blue) or Mermaid (teal).

Originally Posted by cbandemer View Post

Their dresses are really pretty. Where did they get them from??

I think it's really a cute idea to do the different color dresses. Maybe you could put the guys in charcoal or light gray or even black and have matching flowers to coordinate.. that way you and your FI are the only ones in white and the look is still cohesive. 

Thanks soo much!! Thats really a reasonable price for the dress too.

David's Bridal! I was doing everything to avoid buying from David's Bridal because I read that they have bad customer service. In the end, they had the best price/color/style combination for what I needed. Plus, I ordered the dresses on line and had them shipped to me. After placing the order, didn't have to deal with David's Bridal anymore. Each girl got her own dress altered at a place convenient for her.

Here's the link to the dress: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Sleeveless-Split-Front-Crinkle-Chiffon-Dress-F13307_Sale-Sale-Bridesmaid-Dresses. This particular style is on sale (it was also on sale when I bought it over a year ago), so it don't come in all of the colors that I used anymore. There's still Horizon (royal blue), but not Pool (sky blue) or Mermaid (teal).