Photo

Wedding colors dilemma!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 tammy 2012

tammy 2012
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:10 PM

Getting married on 5/12/12 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. I originally thought it would be nice to have the girls in my wedding party (probably only 3 girls) wear different color dresses, those colors being pink, orange, and blue, or pink, orange and purple. I like the tropical look and feel of those colors together. My dilemma comes into play when trying to figure out what the groomsmen will wear. We plan on them wearing tan pants but I'm not sure what color top. My FI and I would like them not to wear white since both of us will be in white and it may sound selfish, but I would like for us to stand out in our white instead of being lost in a sea of white when we are standing next to the groomsmen. Any color suggestions for the groomsmen? My FI thinks a light blue top would look nice, but I'm not sure how it will look with the girls all being in different colors. Should I make all the girls wear the same color to avoid clashing? I don't want my wedding party to look like a bag of skittles!!! lol.

#2 JayKay

JayKay
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 16 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

I prefer my girls to all wear one color and then use the other colors as accents to avoid looking like a box of skittles lol.  My FI will be wearing a white shirt with tan pants and the groomsmen will be wearing tan pants and a light blue shirt so sort of stand apart form my FI and I.  You could also have your girls wear all one color but different shades, or you can have them in all different colors, I think it just depends what you like!

#3 aaronlori

aaronlori
    • 159 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

I like the idea of having them in one bright colour but allow them to wear different styles. I think if you go with all the different colours and then the guys have different colours they won't stand out as being your bridal party in any group shots. Since it's a tropical setting many of your guests may be wearing your variety of colours. If you don't mind that possibility I say go for it and have the skittle effect! :)

#4 lopey99

lopey99
      • 159 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

how about girls in one colour but with different color accessories and possibly different style dresses and men in tan and light blue shirts?

#5 baileybutton

baileybutton
        • 199 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 04:29 AM

The GM's could wear the same color as the girl they are standing with...

03.13.13 ~ The day I marry my best friend!

#6 tammy 2012

tammy 2012
          • 13 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

I thought of that, but I thought it might be too hard to find the guys' tops that would match well. I'll have to keep my eye out for shirts this spring/summer. Thanks for all the replies girls!!

#7 deesanders33

deesanders33
            • 329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 08:42 AM

I think all of the girls should be wearing the same color, you could do different color Parasols?? That would be a cute idea. We are doing our groomsmen in tan pants with brown shirts and our girls in brown dresses with the tiffany blue Parasols. Our colors are brown, tiffany blue, orange and pink. We are in the process of tying all of those colors in :)

#8 edub007

edub007
              • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

I decided on my wedding colors in part by what looked good on my bridesmaids (red head, brunette, and blonde) and I knew I wanted vibrant colors to add to the beach scene. I then matched the flowers to the dresses and went from there with all my decorations.

GirlsDresses.png

#9 edub007

edub007
                • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:28 AM

Almost forgot.... the guys wore ivory and only their flowers matched the girls. (Sorry about the hidden faces, but you get the picture!)

WeddingPartyHidden.png

#10 Stina9562

Stina9562
                  • 129 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:03 AM

Very cute!

Originally Posted by edub007 

Almost forgot.... the guys wore ivory and only their flowers matched the girls. (Sorry about the hidden faces, but you get the picture!)

WeddingPartyHidden.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users