2012 Brides - Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
555 replies to this topic

#301 swojdyla

• 184 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

OOO you lucky girl! I had that on the top of my list but it was just getting too expensive for our guests.  Best of luck to ya!

#302 Praye

• Site Supporter
    • 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:29 PM

lol, yes, its a bit more expensive than some other resorts in punta cana which would help keep the guest # low but....it didn't. about 64 so are going so far... lol

Originally Posted by swojdyla 

OOO you lucky girl! I had that on the top of my list but it was just getting too expensive for our guests.  Best of luck to ya!

Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#303 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:58 PM

February 23, 2012 at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay Jamaica  Here!! 

Invitations sent, website made... I also wanted to give my guests a full year to plan.. 29 RSVP's and booked.. and counting! :).

I have also posted a Thread with pictures of things i have purchased for the OOT bags, and the party favors etc... if anyone is interested.. 

#304 merrylee

• 687 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:23 AM

Welcome and congrats to all the new brides :)  It is so exciting to see everyone find their dream resort and start the planning process.

The resort search really is difficult but I trusted my heart and am so glad I picked the Moon Palace.

#305 Laurelyn

• 215 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:16 AM

Just went from having nothing done but a resort picked to a whole action packed weekend of wedding.  First thing done was changed my resort and country and am now booked in Cuba instead at the brand new Riu still for the same date of March 14, 2012.  I also found my wedding dress and am so in love with it!  Today is wedding invitation day so heres to hoping that my first DIY project will turn out great!

#306 luvmoo

• 503 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Nice work Girl!!  Good luck with the invites! you will have to post some pics when you get them done!! :)

#307 deniden

• Site Supporter
              • 355 posts
              • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
              • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by MrsJohns2be 

HI Ladies! Congrats on all your upcoming weddings! I am trying to pick a resort in the Riviera Maya for May 2012. I have narrowed it down to 3 resorts but I am so overwhelmed and time is flying. I feel so behind schedule with booking a place and sending out STDs. Now the WC at one of the resorts near Playa del Carmen told me that they cannot have beach cocktail hours or receptions from Late April to November because the music and lights disturb the sea turtles laying eggs. Have any of you heard this from resorts? I am trying to figure out if this goes for the entire coast of Riviera Maya or just this specific resort. I was so excited to have a beach reception with 65 guests and am really upset hearing this news. If any of you have suggestions that would be great! Thanks!

I'm getting married on April 20th, 2012 at the Royal Playa del Carmen, and our reception is on the beach - never heard about the sea turtle thing.

#308 Starfish0512

• 283 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:03 PM

May 26, 2012 - Caribbean Club, Grand Cayman Island

I can't believe I'm just finding this board now!!! Even though we are all in different places at least we'll be in check with to do's and what not!!! 

So far:

Caribbean Club - Beachfront Luxury Condos Booked for our guests, 18 of us total going down

Luca - Dinner, night of wedding

Decor and Floral for ceremony and dinner tables

Coordinator for day of

Save the Date's done - mailed this week

Wedding Website

Dress :)

AHR Site booked

AHR DJ in the works

Cograts to everyone here!!! Super excited for this year to fly by!

#309 Mandy1021

• 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 05:19 PM

June 9th, 2012! :) :D

Not a destination wedding, but still a beach wedding! :)

We have our:

Ceremony booked,

Reception site booked,

Rentals booked,

Officiant booked and paid for,

DJ booked and paid for,

Photographer booked

Bridesmaids & Flower Girls dresses picked out

Videographer booked

Musicians about to be booked

Transportation to be booked soon

In the process of getting flowers (Very picky about my colours so it's taking a while :P)

Have someone I'm going to get back in contact with for invitations, but I think it's too soon for that yet :P.

Have the stuff to do our wedding favours, and have started collecting stuff to do our own thank you cards :).

I have a dress in mind but am going to go dress shopping once more before I decide for sure.

I LOVE that we had over a year to plan it! It has given me a lot of time to bargain shop, and take my time to find vendors, etc.

I think the only 'main thing' we haven't figured out yet, is who is going to do our cake :P.

#310 canadiangirl

• 1,252 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:10 AM

ALRIGHT ladies.....Canada post is back and delivering the rest of my invitations tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you all know, they came to agreement and regular business starts tomorrow with no delays

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users