Photo

HELP!! - Invitations re: DW & AHR

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

I'm doing a destination wedding in Dominican Republic, followed by a reception at home the week after.
    Everyone is invited to my wedding and then invited to the reception as I know it will be difficult for most to attend the wedding and I don't like inviting some people to one and not the other kind of thing.

Anyways, as far as invitations go - would I put information for both on the same invitation?
    Would I have a RSVP card that indicates both and have them check off which they are attending? (Both, one or the other, neither kind of thing).

The RSVP is what I'm unsure about too...
    My wedding is in November but my WC in Dominican needs a guest list in August to ensure everyone is staying in the same building kind of thing. Payment for my group rate has to be made in September anyways.
    So I was going to send out the invitations in early May, have them RSVP for mid-June...

Will that work, not work?

#2 harkatea

harkatea
    • 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

I think that would work.  Perhaps an online thing may be easier for RSVP (so things can be easily changed and updated), but I understand if you want to do them that way.

#3 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
      • 178 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Thanks!  The only reason I'm not doing an online RSVP thing is because a lot of people invited are "old school" Italians in my family and I'm not sure that most of them even have a computer let alone any experience with the internet! LOL

#4 JenFL

JenFL
        • 49 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:00 PM

I have the same issue! We are doing March wedding in Cancun and a reception in April in MI (where his family lives - old school Italians). We are sending 1 invite that includes Cancun on the main invitation and a separate "Reception" card with the info for the MI reception.

I'm stuck how to word the RSVP card myself. How did you do it? I'm also trying to figure out how to word the "Accommodation" card with the resort info and how to book.

#5 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
          • 178 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'm doing them this weekend - I will update and let you know!

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

Post pics when you are done!

#7 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
            • 178 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:18 AM

I'm looking at sending DW invitations out and then sending AHR invitations out after that...

I started a new thread re: this issue if any of you ladies are interested!

#8 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
              • 178 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:57 AM

I didn't my DW invitations this week...

I wish I could post a pic but for some reason the site won't let me "insert image" or attach a file.

I really wanted to share! :o(

#9 Aphrodite

Aphrodite
                • 178 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:05 AM

Invitations.JPG

Here is my wedding invitation.

I decided NOT to include anything about an at-home reception.  Two reasons - 1) I thought it was going to start to get confusing especially since the AHR isn't until November either and things can change and 2) we didn't want people to automatically dismiss the idea of coming to the DW because they thought they could wait until the AHR.  That may sound selfish of us but I just know how people can be about these things and my dream wedding is my DW not my AHR, you know?

#10 lovepea

lovepea
                  • 155 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aphrodite 

Here is my wedding invitation.

I decided NOT to include anything about an at-home reception.  Two reasons - 1) I thought it was going to start to get confusing especially since the AHR isn't until November either and things can change and 2) we didn't want people to automatically dismiss the idea of coming to the DW because they thought they could wait until the AHR.  That may sound selfish of us but I just know how people can be about these things and my dream wedding is my DW not my AHR, you know?

Pretty invites!  I like the classy simplicity of them.  I agree on your choosing to send a different invitation to the AHR.  It isn't even selfish, the AHR just isn't the wedding!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users