Photo

How many wedding dresses did you try on?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 JayKay

JayKay
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:51 PM

The first time I went I tried on probably 4 dresses.  I knew which one would be the dress as I couldn't stop thinking about it and just make me feel like a bride.  The next time I went, I took my mom and tried on about 3 more just so she had something to compare it to. 

#12 X-Chan

X-Chan
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:32 AM

I went to two stores and tried on about 4-5 at each place. :)

#13 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
    • 1,917 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

I guess I won this competition by a landslide, I went to 10 stores, in 4 cities and 2 different provinces. I tried on at least 100 dresses. I never saw one that I liked for me. I also browsed through hundreds online, and ended up purchasing 2 ceremony gowns and 1 short reception dress. The dress that I finally ended up with is actually a combination off two dresses that I had custom made.

#14 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
      • 328 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:27 AM

Went to one store I knew sold the dresses I was looking at and tried on about 5-6 dresses. I had my list of dresses to try on, but kept myself open to other silhouettes. My first choice was discontinued (couldn't find that bad boy anywhere!), so my second choice (first one I tried) became my wedding dress. I'm an executive decision chick. Since the only dress that would top it wasn't available, then I knew the second choice was the one. When you know, you know (like w/ our FIs, right?).

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
        Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#15 ellenj01

ellenj01
        • 161 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 05:09 PM

I tried on about ten...but ended up buying the first one I tried on.  :)  It was also something COMPLETELY different than what I thought I wanted.  I thought I wanted Grecian/flowy that was very simple and ended up with a mermaid that is very modern!  Good luck! 

#16 kris9685

kris9685
          • 173 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:15 AM

I have tried on about 20 so far, but have not found "the one". Although the last store I went to was a nightmare. The sales lady was super nice, but kept pulling very traditional gowns when I want something flowy/beachy so I wound up trying on a lot there that I knew I didn't like. Fingers crossed I find it on my next trip.

#17 cdc150

cdc150
            • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I tried about 25 total, the last one I tried on was the one i bought!

#18 J-me

J-me
              • 398 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

I know what you mean! I went to 2 bridal salons & about 20 dresses later, found my dream dress that was NOTHING like I thought I had wanted lol! I was looking for a modern mermaid with little detail - ended up with fitted A-line with lots of detail :) so ladies, be open-minded when trying on dresses!

Originally Posted by ellenj01 

I tried on about ten...but ended up buying the first one I tried on.  :)  It was also something COMPLETELY different than what I thought I wanted.  I thought I wanted Grecian/flowy that was very simple and ended up with a mermaid that is very modern!  Good luck! 

#19 jamieirene

jamieirene
                • 650 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

I only went to two stores and tried on around 20 dresses.... For me this is not bad at all I thought I would have tried on at least 100! or more but I just knew it was the one when I put it on! : ) 

#20 emma79

emma79
                  • 27 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:33 PM

I tried on 6 at the first place the one I feel in love with was way out of my budget. So the next place we went the first dress I tried on was perfect , so I stopped there. So 7 dresses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users