65 replies to this topic

#21 Barkles

• 158 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Love the palm tree.

#22 pintsize1

• 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 04:59 PM

Great Job!!! Everyone will appreciate all the sweat you put into these!!! 

Originally Posted by skp1 

Another project to check off the list....and like the others I experienced some challenges.  I hate to think about all the time I've spent on failed projects. 

I originally was not going to do programs since we had a small wedding party and are not doing anything special at the ceremony.  But then I started thinking that its going to be hot and people are going to need fans.  I didn't want to make paddle fans since they are so common and instead embarked on making petal fans based on samples I saw here.  Kudos to the girls who did those well because mine sucked.  I loved the design - the petals were small enough that it didn't look like I had so little info.  I had 2 pages with info on white card stock and 3 pages of blue card stock alternating.  Well that was the problem - it looked great for the other BDW brides but I could not cut the top circular part well.  It looked OK with all one color but when I put them together it was so obviously off.  So all of that went in the trash and I started over with just plain ones.

I took a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock and divided it evenly in 4 sections to become my 4 pages.  I have a cover page with out logo, one with the wedding info (pretty much same as our invite wording), the wedding party and a thank you.  I cut blue card stock slightly larger and longer, folded a piece over on the top, hole punched it and tied it together with raffia.  So, they aren't actual fans, but they can be used to fan yourself.

#23 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:01 AM

Just got back and I think these went over well.  It was HOT!!!!!  When I looked out to the audience a lot of people were using them to fan themselves.  So glad I made them!

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#24 celticgirl

• 266 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

They looked great! Glad they worked out well for you

Breezes Trelawny- Jamaica
          January 7th, 2012

63 booked

#25 ssapper

• 182 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

These look great I love how you put them together!!

#26 DRb2b

• 96 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

These are beautiful! LOVE the color of the blue. Glad your guests used them as you intended them.

#27 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:12 AM

I'll tell ya, raffia isn't easy to work with.  it was a pain in the butt threading it through the hole punches.  After they were done I noticed a grammatical error on the thank you page, but there was no way I was redoing it!  I don't know why grammar/spell check didn't pick it up.  Oh well, I'm betting no one even noticed.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#28 LandG

• 152 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

Very pretty!

#29 canadiangirl

• 1,252 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

luv the look of these

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#30 bride2b2013

• 236 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

great job looking good!

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users