Another project to check off the list....and like the others I experienced some challenges. I hate to think about all the time I've spent on failed projects.
I originally was not going to do programs since we had a small wedding party and are not doing anything special at the ceremony. But then I started thinking that its going to be hot and people are going to need fans. I didn't want to make paddle fans since they are so common and instead embarked on making petal fans based on samples I saw here. Kudos to the girls who did those well because mine sucked. I loved the design - the petals were small enough that it didn't look like I had so little info. I had 2 pages with info on white card stock and 3 pages of blue card stock alternating. Well that was the problem - it looked great for the other BDW brides but I could not cut the top circular part well. It looked OK with all one color but when I put them together it was so obviously off. So all of that went in the trash and I started over with just plain ones.
I took a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock and divided it evenly in 4 sections to become my 4 pages. I have a cover page with out logo, one with the wedding info (pretty much same as our invite wording), the wedding party and a thank you. I cut blue card stock slightly larger and longer, folded a piece over on the top, hole punched it and tied it together with raffia. So, they aren't actual fans, but they can be used to fan yourself.