Wedding programs complete

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

Another project to check off the list....and like the others I experienced some challenges.  I hate to think about all the time I've spent on failed projects. 

I originally was not going to do programs since we had a small wedding party and are not doing anything special at the ceremony.  But then I started thinking that its going to be hot and people are going to need fans.  I didn't want to make paddle fans since they are so common and instead embarked on making petal fans based on samples I saw here.  Kudos to the girls who did those well because mine sucked.  I loved the design - the petals were small enough that it didn't look like I had so little info.  I had 2 pages with info on white card stock and 3 pages of blue card stock alternating.  Well that was the problem - it looked great for the other BDW brides but I could not cut the top circular part well.  It looked OK with all one color but when I put them together it was so obviously off.  So all of that went in the trash and I started over with just plain ones.

I took a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 white card stock and divided it evenly in 4 sections to become my 4 pages.  I have a cover page with out logo, one with the wedding info (pretty much same as our invite wording), the wedding party and a thank you.  I cut blue card stock slightly larger and longer, folded a piece over on the top, hole punched it and tied it together with raffia.  So, they aren't actual fans, but they can be used to fan yourself.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#2 aaronlori

• 159 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

Very nice! I love the vibrant blue. I'm thinking about doing programs, thanks for the inspiration.

#3 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:52 AM

Great job! Love the color!

#4 jamieirene

• 650 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

Very Nicely done!  I like your wording.... I might just have to borrow it! : )

#5 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

Steph they look great. Yeah the petal fans are a headache. I guess that's why you can buy perforated ones at Michaels.

#6 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
            • 381 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:01 AM

I think they are adorable! You did a great job! Every now and then something better comes out of our DIY failures, lol!

#7 Sharon99

• 1,301 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

I think they look great! You did an awesome job & that color pops!

#8 littlemisssunshine

• Site Supporter
                • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

These are great!! Good job :)

Getting married June 30, 2011 :)

#9 skp1

• 405 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Thanks.  I was really happy with the shade of blue too.  I couldn't find that bright turquoise in cardstock anywhere and ended up ordering it from thepapermillstore.com.  I held my breath a few days wondering if it would be the right shade and it was perfect....and nice quality too.  I had to buy a pack of 250 sheets, but that's just more stock for DIY projects!

I agree with Mochamakes3 - if you do a petal fan buy the perforated sheets.  I was stubborn because I wanted my perfect blue and paid for it.

The thank you wording came from samples of welcome letters posted on BDW so I can't take full credit for that one.  I just put it together a little differently.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#10 AliMcBaal

• 83 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

Sooooo cute!  Nice job!

Las Caletas Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - October 20, 2011
                      San Francisco Engagement Pics & Day After Shoot by Colson Griffith Photography

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users