Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
frizzy64

Recent ROR bride!! Any questions?????

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by LauraB2B View Post

 

Congrats on the wedding!! and thanks so much for offering your help on any questions we may have! Is there anything that you wish you would have done differently or anything that you would change if you were to do it all over again? Also what time was your actual ceremony and did it work out well for you? We are having a hard time deciding what time to reserve!

 

 

Our ceromony was at 1pm and this was ideal for us. It was not too hot as the beach location is very shaded. We have plenty of time in the morning to get ready which was nice. After the ceromony we had cocktails on the beach and enjoyed the steel drum band which we hired for an hour. Then we went and had pictures done which took around 2 hours (guests who werent required went to the bar and sat and had drinks). After the photos we grabbed a little snack at the italian and then went back to our room to freshen up and chill out for a little bit (our guests all did the same). This was a really nice time of the day as we got to spend some time just the 2 of us and our guests appeitiated the time to chill out too. Then at 6:30 we went to our reception and then at 9pm we started the beach party which finished at 11:30. I am so glad we went with 1pm for the ceromony. I dont know how people do it when they get married later. They must have rushed through everything!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad everything worked out nicely for you! What did you think of all of the weddings throughout the day? Was there every any conflict in time or event with other weddings? I can't believe they fit four weddings a day at the Riu's!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by LauraB2B View Post

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad everything worked out nicely for you! What did you think of all of the weddings throughout the day? Was there every any conflict in time or event with other weddings? I can't believe they fit four weddings a day at the Riu's!!



I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the great feedback.  10 more months for us...can't wait!!
 

Originally Posted by frizzy64 View Post



 



I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



There was only one other wedding on the same day as ours and it was at the pond gazebo and not at the beach.  It was a Jamaican family wedding which we actually got to see a bit of from our balcony.  I guess it's possible that it all depends on the time of year you are getting married as to how many weddings are scheduled each day. 

Originally Posted by frizzy64 View Post



 



I didn't see another wedding until my own so i didn't feel like i was in a wedding factory or anything! On my wedding day there were 3 weddings. I booked in advance for our beach party so i knew we have that secured before we went. I believe one of the other couples also wanted one so i was glad we thought ahead! The mammee bay steakhouse was busy with another wedding on the night so we got a free upgrade to a private wedding reception at the plantation. It didn't make any difference to us anyway. I recommend you book your hair and make-up in the spa ahead of time too as that way you can be sure to get your ideal time. There was another bride in the salon just after us who was getting married before me.

During the 2nd week there we heard that 2 weddings had been double booked for the same time and location so they had to move one to later in the day. Apparently the bride was devastated but to be honest i don't think it would have bothered me. It was only moved an hour later.

The number of weddings a day varied so some days there were only 2 and others there were 4. One day we sat on the beach and saw 5!

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it seriously a pond?  Is it smelly or anything?  We were planning to get married at the Garden Gazebo.  Is that where you meant?
 

Originally Posted by hutchets View Post



There was only one other wedding on the same day as ours and it was at the pond gazebo and not at the beach.  It was a Jamaican family wedding which we actually got to see a bit of from our balcony.  I guess it's possible that it all depends on the time of year you are getting married as to how many weddings are scheduled each day. 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Frizzy64, congrats on your wedding!

 

Was the beach party your reception as well? If not where did you have it?

I am looking for any info you may have about the Plantation Restaurant. That is where we are booked into for our dinner.

 

Also, LOVE YOUR dress! The beach party looks like so much fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Are you looking for a guide where you’ll find many tips and steps to follow to make your wedding a success? We design a special for you, where you will find: Photography Tips To-Do List Check list How to choose the best dress? Memories and invitations And much more! Download it now for free from: http://emweddings.com/WeddingGuide/index.html     Don’t stress. Enjoy every moment, tomorrow will be your best memories. See you soon!
    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
  • Topics

×