Photo

Wedding website?

• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#51 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
  • 176 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:36 PM

I was searching for a good website and someone on hear mentioned dessy.com. so far I like it but I'm hesitant to give it out yet bc its not perfect! :-)

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#52 MelloJess83

MelloJess83
    • 46 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:56 AM

I initially signed up on The Knot, but it is disappointing, and they do not cater at all for destination weddings!  Currently checking out mywedding.com.  I am looking for a website that is free!  Thanks for the suggestions!

#53 coconoir1908

coconoir1908
      • 2,136 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Thanks so much LalaJ

All of our guest love it.  It was quite the task that took in upwards of a few weeks to get it the way that we wanted but, it was well worth it. 

Originally Posted by LalaJ 

Coconoir, I'm LOVING your website! Great Job

#54 kks2012

kks2012
        • Site Supporter
        • 241 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hello Ladies,

I started our website on wedding wire but I really want the polling option and the music aspect is proving to be difficult.

#55 kks2012

kks2012
          • Site Supporter
          • 241 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hello Ladies,

I started our website on wedding wire but I really want the polling option and the music aspect is proving to be difficult.

#56 mrsbruff2b

mrsbruff2b
            • 385 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Currently using theknot.com.

I've registered a personal domain that points to the page and backed up my pages.  So if something goes wrong on theknot, I can quickly re-set up everything at another site and just redirect my domain there.  

I've done webhosting and domain reselling for year (recently retired) so I like to handle those things on my own~

Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

#57 kks2012

kks2012
              • Site Supporter
              • 241 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by kks2012 

Hello Ladies,

So, I decided to stick with wedding wire. I really like it. We are doing a cruise wedding. Are there any suggestions about what I should add? www.marcusandkorettawedding.info

#58 JenG05

JenG05
                • 39 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:01 AM

Hi mrsbruff2b.  I setup a custom domain name on theknot for $19.99.  Is that what you did? Does that mean I could also set-up everything at another site and re-direct my domain there, like you said in your post?  I know nothing about webhosting.  So far I'm ok with theknot, but I'm wondering if I will be able to add more than the 2 bonus pages they give you. Thanks for the info. 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b 

Currently using theknot.com.

I've registered a personal domain that points to the page and backed up my pages.  So if something goes wrong on theknot, I can quickly re-set up everything at another site and just redirect my domain there.  

I've done webhosting and domain reselling for year (recently retired) so I like to handle those things on my own~

#59 JenG05

JenG05
                  • 39 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

Great idea.  I want to put it on my website too.  Where did you get the pic from?

I don't think it will deter any guests, actually I think it will make people feel better.  I've had a lot of family sound concerned about going to Mexico and I keep trying to explain the issues are far from Cancun and the Riviera Maya.  I have been going to Cancun & Riviera Maya every year for 3 years and never had a problem.  The people are so friendly.  So hospitable!  

Originally Posted by J-me 

For the Mexico brides: are you ladies putting anything on your website about the truth of the violence in Mexico? I feel like I should clarify that it's only specific areas of Mexico, not the media hype/generalization that it's ALL of Mexico - just to relieve any concerned minds; I'd hate for it to be a deterrant for any of my potential guests. I found this map that made it easily visible, but was curious if any of you have anything similar to this on your site? Any thoughts on if I should include a section on this?

T0502MAP(1).jpg

#60 Ecofrugal

Ecofrugal
                    • 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

Is that a current map?  Did they lift the warnings on the Acapulco area???  We were originally planning a wedding at Playa Viva but changed plans because of a warning about travel to the Acapulco airport.  US travelers were apparently being targeted and we figured better safe than sorry.  So now we're getting married in Haiti.  <----   (Seriously, though, it's a peninsula owned by Royal Caribbean!).

Anyway, I don't like TheKnot sites.  For one, they are searchable and I have a semi-crazy ex-husband to worry about!  And for two, I hear really wonky things happen with them.  Like guests typing in your URL and ending up on a different couple's website and RSVPs not being delivered.  Instead I spent all weekend building one on Weebly.  I got a custom URL from GoDaddy.com for $7.50 (look up coupon codes on Retail Me Not for .com URLs or just get a .info for $0.99).  http://www.janineandcody.com  I like our site because we had a lot more info to put in there than just wedding info.  In fact, we don't even really have a wedding info page yet!  If you want something fully customizable I recommend Weebly.  But it does require a little more work since it's not directly set up for wedding websites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users