cole379

Wedding website?

I initially signed up on The Knot, but it is disappointing, and they do not cater at all for destination weddings!  Currently checking out mywedding.com.  I am looking for a website that is free!  Thanks for the suggestions!

Thanks so much LalaJ

All of our guest love it.  It was quite the task that took in upwards of a few weeks to get it the way that we wanted but, it was well worth it. 

Originally Posted by LalaJ View Post

Coconoir, I'm LOVING your website! Great Jobcheer2.gif

Currently using theknot.com.

I've registered a personal domain that points to the page and backed up my pages.  So if something goes wrong on theknot, I can quickly re-set up everything at another site and just redirect my domain there.  

I've done webhosting and domain reselling for year (recently retired) so I like to handle those things on my own~

Originally Posted by kks2012 View Post

Hello Ladies,

I started our website on wedding wire but I really want the polling option and the music aspect is proving to be difficult.

So, I decided to stick with wedding wire. I really like it. We are doing a cruise wedding. Are there any suggestions about what I should add? www.marcusandkorettawedding.info

Hi mrsbruff2b.  I setup a custom domain name on theknot for $19.99.  Is that what you did? Does that mean I could also set-up everything at another site and re-direct my domain there, like you said in your post?  I know nothing about webhosting.  So far I'm ok with theknot, but I'm wondering if I will be able to add more than the 2 bonus pages they give you. Thanks for the info. 

Originally Posted by mrsbruff2b View Post

Currently using theknot.com.

I've registered a personal domain that points to the page and backed up my pages.  So if something goes wrong on theknot, I can quickly re-set up everything at another site and just redirect my domain there.  

I've done webhosting and domain reselling for year (recently retired) so I like to handle those things on my own~

Great idea.  I want to put it on my website too.  Where did you get the pic from?

I don't think it will deter any guests, actually I think it will make people feel better.  I've had a lot of family sound concerned about going to Mexico and I keep trying to explain the issues are far from Cancun and the Riviera Maya.  I have been going to Cancun & Riviera Maya every year for 3 years and never had a problem.  The people are so friendly.  So hospitable!  

Originally Posted by J-me View Post

For the Mexico brides: are you ladies putting anything on your website about the truth of the violence in Mexico? I feel like I should clarify that it's only specific areas of Mexico, not the media hype/generalization that it's ALL of Mexico - just to relieve any concerned minds; I'd hate for it to be a deterrant for any of my potential guests. I found this map that made it easily visible, but was curious if any of you have anything similar to this on your site? Any thoughts on if I should include a section on this?

T0502MAP(1).jpg

Is that a current map?  Did they lift the warnings on the Acapulco area???  We were originally planning a wedding at Playa Viva but changed plans because of a warning about travel to the Acapulco airport.  US travelers were apparently being targeted and we figured better safe than sorry.  So now we're getting married in Haiti.  <---- confused.gif  (Seriously, though, it's a peninsula owned by Royal Caribbean!).

Anyway, I don't like TheKnot sites.  For one, they are searchable and I have a semi-crazy ex-husband to worry about!  And for two, I hear really wonky things happen with them.  Like guests typing in your URL and ending up on a different couple's website and RSVPs not being delivered.  Instead I spent all weekend building one on Weebly.  I got a custom URL from GoDaddy.com for $7.50 (look up coupon codes on Retail Me Not for .com URLs or just get a .info for $0.99).  http://www.janineandcody.com  I like our site because we had a lot more info to put in there than just wedding info.  In fact, we don't even really have a wedding info page yet!  If you want something fully customizable I recommend Weebly.  But it does require a little more work since it's not directly set up for wedding websites.