Sign in to follow this  
IslandBride201x

July 2012 Brides

That is such a bummer about the staff!!!  We had an incredible time!!  The entertainment staff had our whole wedding party participating in the pool activities and also the nightly stuff.  It was a blast!  We also had great luck with the ceremony on the beach.  Everything was dry and the clouds were starting to part for the sun to come out.  It rained while I was in the spa, but I don't think we had rain once I got dressed and we were doing pictures in the room.  Everyone in the spa was fabulous!  We had champagne and mimosas that morning and all of our hair and make-up was perfect!  It was a very relaxing day, and I don't think there is anything that I would have done differently.  Now, I just can't believe that it is over!  It went by way too quickly!!  I want to be back in paradise just relaxing... :)
Since some of my guests had been to DW before they noticed that we were treated like regular guests. With so much on my mind I didn't even notice until a friend of mine recounted her son's DW. Initially I didn't think about complaining but when my husband also noticed, I knew it was significant. He felt bad because during the wedding planning he reassured me that everything would be great and to have confidence in the professionals there. I'll elaborate in my review, but overall the staff were great, but the Suites spa staff (Camille, Grace, and a few others) were wonderful! I could tell the difference in customer service when I went over to my hair appointment and to book appointments for my guests. I can't believe it's over either. It was an amazing week! As I type right now my husband is saying it was the best wedding ever because in 10 yrs from now we'll have a lot to laugh about! lol. Stay tuned for my review!!

Originally Posted by MrsDesz View Post

The morning of the wedding was beautiful and then clouds rolled in along with showers in the afternoon. My wedding was scheduled at 4pm and at about 2pm the phone rang and I was told that the ceremony would be moved inside!!! I was in shock at that point and asked if we could wait to see if the rain would pass. Luckily it did and thank goodness I didn't agree when said they were going to set up inside. I felt a little better whenmy sisiters told me they could see the chairs being set up onthe beach. Mind you the legs of the huppa looked like toilet paper was wrapped around them! Very diappointing! I'll write a full review soon.

Oh  my goodness that would have been so upsetting - I'm glad you got your beach wedding at least.  How horrible to go all that way only to have it inside.

Congrats to all of my fellow July brides :)

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x View Post

We are back and married!!!!  Everything was absolutely perfect, and I had the wedding of my dreams!

I hope everyone had a fabulous trip and wedding day!

I am so happy for you that everything work out perfectly! Congratulations Mrs. IslandBride2012!

Originally Posted by principessa View Post

Oh  my goodness that would have been so upsetting - I'm glad you got your beach wedding at least.  How horrible to go all that way only to have it inside.

Congrats to all of my fellow July brides :)

Thanks principessa,

And congrats to you, too!