What are your hobbies?

PaulaV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaV View Post
Oooh! What martial arts do you do?
I got my 1st degree 3 days before I left for college and the 2nd degree black belt when I was 19 in a Polynesian art.

Sadly, I don't keep up anymore.
Im sorry computer issues. I take Tang Soo Doo. I started 8 years ago after losing my daughter was 1 year from my black belt and found out I was pregnant. I jsut started back. Purple now

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just got done balancing the bank accounts, and apparently my hobby is spending money, and lots of it.... *sigh*

But for acknowledged, recognizable hobbies----

Reading

Art (drawing, pottery)

computers

fine art photography

Classical piano has always been a huge one- but I haven't had a piano in 10 years so I don't know if that counts anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Traveling is my favorite hobby right now.
I paint and draw sometimes.
Watching TV/Movies
Reading
Going out to restaurants.
Dog park
Wine

I don't think I really have anything new to add to the list...

That reminds me of a couple more too----

Love to travel, wish I could do more...

Movies, movies, movies!!! I absolutely love documentaries, Japanese horror flicks, and British films....

Love doing the dog park at White Rock.... Our little beast enjoys it almost as much as I do! :)

Huge foodie---- so I love cooking and "creating" dinners! We love to entertain too and usually have a group of people over every couple months... usually starts out elegant with some martini's and appetizers, but by the end of the night we're toasting, breaking dishes and singing karaoke in the living room... guess it shouldn't be a surprise considering most of our dinner guests have names that are preceded with an adjective (Drunk Tif, Bald Shawn, Man-Whore Mike, etc...)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky k72 View Post
I want to take Spanish lessons and I'm a little embarrassed to say....but learn to ride a bike. i never learned. Jay is going to teach me so we can go on bike rides together.
These are two things I want to learn- Spanish & how to ride a bike. I've been thinking about buying some CDs to listen to while I drive. I know that's not the best way to learn, but I'm only wanting to be a little conversational.

I learned to ride a bike when I was younger, but I fell off one on the side of a road when I was 14. A friend honked at me & I got startled & fell. I put the bike in the back of his truck & I've never been on one since. My school has just started loaning bikes like library books. I'm thinking about getting one & trying to ride again.

Did you go to any places in RM where you could do the zipline without riding a bike to get there? All the tours I've looked at so far require a bike ride. Another friend who has fallen off a bike & not got back on will be at the wedding. Funny, we are not scared of the zipline, but scared of the bike ride.

BDW has definitley become a big one LOL

cooking & entertaining

decorating & design

power yoga

walking around the city with and w/out dog

reading

hanging at the pool or the beach (summer weekends)

eating out at new restaurants

some things i love but haven't been making the time to do are:

writing

volunteering

painting