Jump to content

Photo

The Official INSANITY Support Thread


  • Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#351 Jamie5280

Jamie5280
  • Member
  • 675 posts

    Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

    Welcome new ladies!!!!  :)

     

    Thanks Kellygrrrl and sxcT-I am not sure how I was so quick to stop, but I will get back into it!  I have no choice but to get in better shape!  I have another work out video that I think I will try and then go back to Insanity.  But since FI is doing it with me, he may motivate me to stay with Insanity!  We shall see.  Next week is a new week!  :)

     

    Bride 2012-Welcome back, can't wait to hear about your wedding (assuming you do a review?) 



    #352 Bride2012

    Bride2012
    • Banned
    • 442 posts

      Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:07 AM


      My review should be posted tomorrow, its been a work in progress! lol! Who knew it would take so long...

      Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

      Welcome new ladies!!!!  :)

       

      Thanks Kellygrrrl and sxcT-I am not sure how I was so quick to stop, but I will get back into it!  I have no choice but to get in better shape!  I have another work out video that I think I will try and then go back to Insanity.  But since FI is doing it with me, he may motivate me to stay with Insanity!  We shall see.  Next week is a new week!  :)

       

      Bride 2012-Welcome back, can't wait to hear about your wedding (assuming you do a review?) 



       



      #353 TropicLover

      TropicLover
      • Jr. Member
      • 293 posts

        Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

        I'm a Bikram junkie

        Hi ladies!  I haven't gotten back into Insanity yet but I have been more active. Did Bikram yoga twice this week, rode my new bike to work twice this week and plan on hitting the gym this weekend.  Feels so good!!  I love Bikram yoga.  Any other yogis out there?

         

        Jamie - I suggest taking it easy if you are burned out or feel unmotivated.  Maybe try something else you like for the next few weeks and then, like Kelly said, start about 65-70 days out from your wedding.  That will give you a few days to take off if needed within the 60 day program but knowing you will be in a bikini and your wedding dress should keep you pretty motivated during those few short weeks leading up to your wedding.

         

        Welcome new Insanity ladies!!

         

         

        Happy Friday!!



         



        #354 MJB3172012

        MJB3172012
        • Site Supporter
        • 64 posts

          Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

          Hi Insanity Brides!! I don't think I've checked in since I've started the program. I am OBSESSED.  We leave two weeks from today, so we're halfway through month 2.  It is TOUGH.  There are days I think the workout will never end! I'm not sure if the excercises in Month 2 are that much harder but the increased time per circuit, less breaks, and overall increased workout time (60 min!) are an intense mix!

           

          I've lost 25 pounds since we got engaged through a mix of eating very clean, Insanity, and strength training.  In the last two months we've cut out all bread & pasta, no sugar, and no alcohol (okay, i've cheated here a few times).  We're eating a ton of veggies and really upping our protein.  I feel AWESOME.  I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in five years, getting lots of compliments at work, and feel/look stronger than I ever have in my life.  All in all, I LOVE Insanity, and would strongly recommend it to any bride thinking of trying it.

           


          March 17, 2012
          Iberostar Bavaro
          Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
          Bride and Groom + 44 guests booked!


          #355 Jamie5280

          Jamie5280
          • Member
          • 675 posts

            Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:51 PM


            I loved hot yoga, but man, it's expensive!  I wanted to do it before the wedding along with Insanity and FI is not havin' it (money wise_  tear tear

            Originally Posted by sxcT 

            Hi ladies!  I haven't gotten back into Insanity yet but I have been more active. Did Bikram yoga twice this week, rode my new bike to work twice this week and plan on hitting the gym this weekend.  Feels so good!!  I love Bikram yoga.  Any other yogis out there?

             

            Jamie - I suggest taking it easy if you are burned out or feel unmotivated.  Maybe try something else you like for the next few weeks and then, like Kelly said, start about 65-70 days out from your wedding.  That will give you a few days to take off if needed within the 60 day program but knowing you will be in a bikini and your wedding dress should keep you pretty motivated during those few short weeks leading up to your wedding.

             

            Welcome new Insanity ladies!!

             

             

            Happy Friday!!


            My review should be posted tomorrow, its been a work in progress! lol! Who knew it would take so long...



             



             

            i wish I was still obsesses.  I was good for about 5 weeks and started to lose motivation very quickly!!!  congrats on losing 25lbs!  I need to start again!!!
             

            Originally Posted by MJB3172012 

            Hi Insanity Brides!! I don't think I've checked in since I've started the program. I am OBSESSED.  We leave two weeks from today, so we're halfway through month 2.  It is TOUGH.  There are days I think the workout will never end! I'm not sure if the excercises in Month 2 are that much harder but the increased time per circuit, less breaks, and overall increased workout time (60 min!) are an intense mix!

             

            I've lost 25 pounds since we got engaged through a mix of eating very clean, Insanity, and strength training.  In the last two months we've cut out all bread & pasta, no sugar, and no alcohol (okay, i've cheated here a few times).  We're eating a ton of veggies and really upping our protein.  I feel AWESOME.  I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in five years, getting lots of compliments at work, and feel/look stronger than I ever have in my life.  All in all, I LOVE Insanity, and would strongly recommend it to any bride thinking of trying it.

             



             



            #356 Tatiana

            Tatiana
            • Newbie
            • 95 posts

              Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

              can wait to read it!



              #357 sxcT

              sxcT
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,282 posts

                Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:07 PM

                Awesome job on losing 25 lbs.  What a great accomplishment!!  Sounds like you are on the right track and doing everything the right way.  Great job.

                 

                Leaving in 2 wks??  That is so exciting!! 

                 

                 

                ...gosh I need to get back into it.
                 

                Originally Posted by MJB3172012 

                Hi Insanity Brides!! I don't think I've checked in since I've started the program. I am OBSESSED.  We leave two weeks from today, so we're halfway through month 2.  It is TOUGH.  There are days I think the workout will never end! I'm not sure if the excercises in Month 2 are that much harder but the increased time per circuit, less breaks, and overall increased workout time (60 min!) are an intense mix!

                 

                I've lost 25 pounds since we got engaged through a mix of eating very clean, Insanity, and strength training.  In the last two months we've cut out all bread & pasta, no sugar, and no alcohol (okay, i've cheated here a few times).  We're eating a ton of veggies and really upping our protein.  I feel AWESOME.  I'm wearing jeans I haven't worn in five years, getting lots of compliments at work, and feel/look stronger than I ever have in my life.  All in all, I LOVE Insanity, and would strongly recommend it to any bride thinking of trying it.

                 



                 



                #358 sxcT

                sxcT
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,282 posts

                  Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

                  YAY another yogi!!  It is very expensive.  I try to buy the packages and they usually give you a discount but still....I've never paid so much for fitness before and it is hard to swallow.  I just found a new spot so its $20 for the first two weeks and I've already gone 3 times.  I'll have to cut back to probably once a week once I buy the package.  Maybe I'll just go to the sauna at the gym and do it in there to save $$ LOL!!!

                   

                  I think my ideal routine would be bikram yoga, Insanity and full body routine once a week each and then ride my bike 2-3 days a week for 45-60 min.  I'll get there one day hehe
                   

                  Originally Posted by TropicLover 

                  I'm a Bikram junkie   I looooooooove it!  I've been doing it consistently for just over 4 years and plan to do it forever!  I've found it's really difficult to balance Bikram and Insanity both physically and mentally.  I decided to do Insanity because I wanted to build more muscle and tone up a bit.  By doing Insanity I've really noticed my practice becoming so much more stronger.  Unfortunately finances have gotten in the way, I was laid off from my job in Nov and I'm still job hunting so I had to make a tough decision to put my membership on hold for two months.  It's super hard and my body is craving yoga.  I've been doing "holiday bikram" at home after some of the work outs just to keep my body flexible. I can't wait to get back on the wagon!
                   



                   



                   



                  #359 TropicLover

                  TropicLover
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 293 posts

                    Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:49 PM

                    Hey ladies,

                     

                    So please tell me how you manage to get through month 2?  Holy cow!  This stuff is banana's ;-)  Seriously the coordination needed to do these combos is beyond me and today's Max Interval Plyo was the worst, lol.  I really wish I could do a proper push up because I felt really useless with all the crazy arm moves.  Haha I just kept doing my granny push ups trying to reach 16 in level 3 drills.  Tell me there isn't a level 4, lol.  Well at least I know what I need to work on.

                     

                    Happy sweating!



                    #360 kellygrrrl

                    kellygrrrl
                    • Member
                    • 614 posts

                      Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

                      I think the best advice is to keep going. try to take a break (e.g. pause the video) if your muscles/endurance need a minute to recover and continue to do what you can. don't be too disappointed if you can't do everything, just try, and I think you'll surprise yourself as you can do more and more. and honestly, I wouldn't be afraid to dip back into month one every now and again to have a lighter day and look back at just how far you've come.

                       

                      I remember the day that being in plank felt as natural as standing on the ground. that was a good moment, but it was a few weeks into month two before it happened. keep going, tropic lover. you can do it!! : )

                       

                      Originally Posted by TropicLover 

                      Hey ladies,

                       

                      So please tell me how you manage to get through month 2?  Holy cow!  This stuff is banana's ;-)  Seriously the coordination needed to do these combos is beyond me and today's Max Interval Plyo was the worst, lol.  I really wish I could do a proper push up because I felt really useless with all the crazy arm moves.  Haha I just kept doing my granny push ups trying to reach 16 in level 3 drills.  Tell me there isn't a level 4, lol.  Well at least I know what I need to work on.

                       

                      Happy sweating!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users