Jump to content

Photo

The Official INSANITY Support Thread


  • Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#341 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • Member
  • 614 posts

    Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

    hey jamie - how far did you get?

     

    it's official, I'm back in for my second round of Insanity (the first one started around April of last year, so it doesn't count ; ). I've been eating well (Insanity-approved meals) since 2/12 and started Month One on 2/15. I had to take several days off in between due to soreness, but I'm hoping it will be consistent from this point forward.

     

    I've also asked a friend if I can borrow her P90X so that I can throw in some muscle building as well.

     

    has anyone else started recently? how is everyone doing?

     

    -kelly

     

    Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

    Hi ladies!!!

     

    I have fallen off the wagon :(  Now I can't get back on! 

     

    How's everyone else doin'?



     



    #342 Jamie5280

    Jamie5280
    • Member
    • 675 posts

      Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

      about 6 weeks, but I did the last week of the 1st month twice since I had to take several days off those last 2 weeks for vacations and other obligations.  Then we went out of town again this past weekend and I just can't get back into it!  We have 3 months and I know I will get back into it, but it's hard right now for some reason????

       

      I have been trying to eat healthy still! 

       

      I will do it!!!  (eventually)  HA!!!!
       

      Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

      hey jamie - how far did you get?

       

      it's official, I'm back in for my second round of Insanity (the first one started around April of last year, so it doesn't count ; ). I've been eating well (Insanity-approved meals) since 2/12 and started Month One on 2/15. I had to take several days off in between due to soreness, but I'm hoping it will be consistent from this point forward.

       

      I've also asked a friend if I can borrow her P90X so that I can throw in some muscle building as well.

       

      has anyone else started recently? how is everyone doing?

       

      -kelly

       



       



       



      #343 kellygrrrl

      kellygrrrl
      • Member
      • 614 posts

        Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

        that's about all I could muster the first time I did it. this time I'm planning to skip the easy week and go straight into month two. maybe you can take a break for four weeks and then you'll be under the gun to get it done in 60 days. ; )
         

        Originally Posted by Jamie5280 

        about 6 weeks, but I did the last week of the 1st month twice since I had to take several days off those last 2 weeks for vacations and other obligations.  Then we went out of town again this past weekend and I just can't get back into it!  We have 3 months and I know I will get back into it, but it's hard right now for some reason????

         

        I have been trying to eat healthy still! 

         

        I will do it!!!  (eventually)  HA!!!!
         



         



         



        #344 TropicLover

        TropicLover
        • Jr. Member
        • 293 posts

          Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

          Hey ladies!  I'm on recovery week, but I'm not feeling very recovered, haha. It's not that bad, my shoulders and upper back are just really sore.  I'm kinda scared of what's in store for me next week when I start month two.  How crazy does it get?



          #345 kellygrrrl

          kellygrrrl
          • Member
          • 614 posts

            Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:19 PM


            VERY. the workouts are harder, and they're an hour in duration. even the warm up is a killer. now that I'm doing month one again, I have flashbacks to last year, and the only thing etched into my brain was the few weeks of month two I actually managed to finish. the girls on here encouraged me to stick with month two, but I think it's ok to dip back into month one every now and again.

             

            good luck!!
             

            Originally Posted by TropicLover 

            Hey ladies!  I'm on recovery week, but I'm not feeling very recovered, haha. It's not that bad, my shoulders and upper back are just really sore.  I'm kinda scared of what's in store for me next week when I start month two.  How crazy does it get?



             



            #346 TropicLover

            TropicLover
            • Jr. Member
            • 293 posts

              Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

              Haha thanks for you honesty!  Oh boy what did I get into?!  One day at a time


              VERY. the workouts are harder, and they're an hour in duration. even the warm up is a killer. now that I'm doing month one again, I have flashbacks to last year, and the only thing etched into my brain was the few weeks of month two I actually managed to finish. the girls on here encouraged me to stick with month two, but I think it's ok to dip back into month one every now and again.

               

              good luck!!
               



               



               



              #347 Bride2012

              Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

                Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:42 AM

                Okay, the wedding is over :(, it's been about 2 weeks since I've even THOUGHT about eating healthy...time to get back on track.  I think I am going to start back on the Asylum either tomorrow or Monday.  I've gotta stay on it so my husband doesnt leave me! LOL! J/K!



                #348 Speckles121

                Speckles121
                • Member
                • 720 posts

                  Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:24 AM

                  Sooo glad I found this thread! I cannot wait to try this..any helpful tips ladies??



                  #349 shan0487

                  shan0487
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,393 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                  • LocationSt Louis, MO

                  Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:47 AM

                  I just got my friend to burn me all the videos! So I saved myself some money! I am getting married in November, so I think I will start these in June or July! I have been doing Jillian Michaels videos for about 7 months now and I am much more toned- I can't wait to be incredibly toned and get rid of my small pooch on my tummy! :)



                  #350 sxcT

                  sxcT
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,282 posts

                    Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:54 AM

                    Hi ladies!  I haven't gotten back into Insanity yet but I have been more active. Did Bikram yoga twice this week, rode my new bike to work twice this week and plan on hitting the gym this weekend.  Feels so good!!  I love Bikram yoga.  Any other yogis out there?

                     

                    Jamie - I suggest taking it easy if you are burned out or feel unmotivated.  Maybe try something else you like for the next few weeks and then, like Kelly said, start about 65-70 days out from your wedding.  That will give you a few days to take off if needed within the 60 day program but knowing you will be in a bikini and your wedding dress should keep you pretty motivated during those few short weeks leading up to your wedding.

                     

                    Welcome new Insanity ladies!!

                     

                     

                    Happy Friday!!






                    1 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users