Photo

The Official INSANITY Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#191 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 07:57 PM

Ok sxcT.... Where do I find the BD pictures?!?!?! 

#192 Bride2012

Bride2012
    • Banned
    • 442 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:21 AM

Allie, honestly I would do the core cardio and balance, you really are going to need to take it easy for  a week because phase II is a different kind of beast! The Core Cardio and balance is still hard, but less jumping, it will still make you sweat.  MY only gripe is that it gets repetitive and 6 days of doing it wasnt the best.

Originally Posted by Allie2012 

I'm in my 4th week of INSANITY and I'm soooooo bummed that I had to miss my first day (yesterday) due to an injury I sustained at work! I swore to myself when I started insanity that I would NOT miss a day, but I guess sometimes things happen. I just needed to listen to my body and rest for the day, but thankfully I was able to work out today<

Question for the ladies who have already completed insanity..............what is the core cardio and balance workout like for the recovery week? Is it challenging? Did anyone skip it and do something else? I was thinking about running that week and doing some core.

Thanks

#193 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
      • 614 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

the core recovery is super-simple comparatively - except maybe for the shoulder and leg endurance in the end of the workout. honestly, I felt like it kinda killed my momentum and didn't really prepare me for month 2. I wish I had gone straight into month 2 or just taken a week of and done yoga or something else instead.

I'd say go with the running and core if you need a bit of a change-up. whatever will make you feel stronger and ready to tackle the hour-long workouts in month 2. if I had it to do over, I think I would have gone straight to month 2 and just used the core workouts on the occasional day when I wanted to take things easy.

I'm in my 4th week of INSANITY and I'm soooooo bummed that I had to miss my first day (yesterday) due to an injury I sustained at work! I swore to myself when I started insanity that I would NOT miss a day, but I guess sometimes things happen. I just needed to listen to my body and rest for the day, but thankfully I was able to work out today<

Question for the ladies who have already completed insanity..............what is the core cardio and balance workout like for the recovery week? Is it challenging? Did anyone skip it and do something else? I was thinking about running that week and doing some core.

Thanks

#194 sxcT

sxcT
        • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

Type "boudoir" into google and you will get a plethora of photos to use as inspiration.  :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Ok sxcT.... Where do I find the BD pictures?!?!?! 

#195 Allie2012

Allie2012
          • 194 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:14 AM

Thanks bride2012 and Kelly, for your responses, I really appreciate the advice. I'm sure the recovery week is in there for a reason, but I am kind of concerned that I will too loose momentum going into the killer second month. I plan to alternate between the core and balance and running, so that I am getting a rest but still maintaining my cardio! Not looking forward to month 2!!!!

#196 Bride2012

Bride2012
            • Banned
            • 442 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:20 AM

Sounds like the best plan! A good balance of both!

Thanks bride2012 and Kelly, for your responses, I really appreciate the advice. I'm sure the recovery week is in there for a reason, but I am kind of concerned that I will too loose momentum going into the killer second month. I plan to alternate between the core and balance and running, so that I am getting a rest but still maintaining my cardio! Not looking forward to month 2!!!!

#197 Bride2012

Bride2012
              • Banned
              • 442 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Sxct...I think she wanted to see YOUR BD photos! LOL!

Originally Posted by sxcT 

Type "boudoir" into google and you will get a plethora of photos to use as inspiration.  :)

#198 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:50 AM

OH LOL!!!

Well unfortunately they were not digital - they are actual 4x6 hard copy photos.  I already have them in the book and ready to be wrapped for him.  I plan on scanning all of them into the computer once we get back and he has seen them all.  So sorry girls.  I couldn't afford to buy the digital images - they were so over priced.

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

Sxct...I think she wanted to see YOUR BD photos! LOL!

#199 vargas7

vargas7
                  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:38 AM

Hi Guys

Love this post!! My wedding is 7months away and I need to lose this weight!!!! (25lbs)  I haven't found a dress because i feel terrible in them. I want to start working out so i can feel great on my big day.

While doing Insanity did you follow a diet plan? do you have any advise on how to not fall of the wagon.

#200 vargas7

vargas7
                    • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

Hi Guys

Love this post!! My wedding is 7months away and I need to lose this weight!!!! (25lbs)  I haven't found a dress because i feel terrible in them. I want to start working out so i can feel great on my big day.

While doing Insanity did you follow a diet plan? do you have any advise on how to not fall of the wagon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users