Photo

The Official INSANITY Support Thread

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

#11 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'm just about to complete my 4th week of Insanity. It's super intense, but it's awesome.  I already see results (I have completed Turbo Jam a few times and Turbo Fire, so I was prepared for cardio).  You use your own body weight for 'weight' training, so you don't get the bulky arms. 

I already see results, and I'm down about 8 lbs.  Which is not bad considering that I was already after other workouts..... I can post my results once I complete the first section (4 weeks)... Good luck- I think it's worth every penny!

#12 orange_peel

orange_peel
    • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:04 PM

The second month- all the Max workouts- workout your arms more than the first month, I think. There are lots of different kinds of pushups/planks/triceps stuff. I began Insanity not being able to do a "real" pushup, and now I can do most of the sets. There are still times I'm taking breaks (both due to the difficulty and sometimes my neighbors downstairs banging that we're jumping too much (oops!)). 

I feel exponentially stronger than even last week!

I wasn't working out regularly until about 6 months ago, and I found all these free workouts that you can stream directly from www.exercisetv.tv. (I am so not a gym person!) They have some pretty good cardio stuff, "tank top arms," and "bikini body" workouts that helped me warm up for Insanity. I'm glad I did those workouts, but I have seen so more results much quicker with Insanity.

#13 orange_peel

orange_peel
      • 36 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:09 PM

I think the 2nd month (the Max workouts) workout your arms a lot more than the 1st month. There are all kinds of pushups (jumping, walking, sideways), planks, and triceps stuff. I started out not being able to do a "real" pushup - and I'm doing so much better now! I'm so much stronger overall than even last week!

Before Insanity, I started working out more regularly 6 months ago using free workouts from www.exercisetv.tv (I  was traveling a lot). They have pretty good cardio stuff, 'tank top arms", and "bikini body" stuff. Still, I have had more results with the few weeks of Insanity than I did with 6 months of that.

#14 june11bride

june11bride
        • 304 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Today is my 9th day doing Insanity, I did Pure Cardio today. I was SOO excited because for the first time I was able to do push up jacks!! I believe you have to do them on the fit test and I had to write 0 when I did my fit test! This whole time I have been doing "girl" pushups while they do real pushups, but today I thought I'd give it a try and I did it!! I am so happy!

The scale definitely doesn't say that the videos are working, in fact I believe I went up a few pounds. However, I'm almost completely sure that it's because I'm gaining muscle. Prior to this workout, I was never motivated to do any type of strength training, just running, so I definitely had muscle to build. I definitely feel like I'm getting more toned.

Yesterday I did the Power Cardio & Resistance but I also did a Jillian Michaels No More Trouble  Zones workout because I wanted to add in some more strength training. I think the 2 videos are a great mix. I've never tried P90X.

How is everyone else doing?? 2 months tomorrow until my wedding!!!!!!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#15 Sharon99

Sharon99
          • 1,301 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 06:05 AM

I am so glad I stumbled on this thread! I am doing Insanity & I LOVE it!!!

I just started the 2nd month on Saturday. I am on week 5 day 3. I didn't think it was possible for the workouts to get harder until I got to the Max ones. Wow! They are great & a little longer. I am a little sore again, which I like, its like starting over.

June11bride - I am with you. The scale went up for me too. :( I measured myself when I started but have not taken them again. I am hoping that my body starts to change after the 2nd month since it is more intense. We shall see...

I did P90x before Insanity and like that as well. They are 2 completely different workouts but both great in their own way.

#16 JenK

JenK
            • 302 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 09:43 AM

I did the fit test this morning. Wow-it is tough, my legs feel like jelly! However I really enjoyed it so I am excited about the program!! Plyometric cardio circuit tomorrow!

#17 Sharon99

Sharon99
              • 1,301 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:55 AM

The fit test is a decent workout in it self! lol! Its really awesome how you can see your progress from the last time you do it.

Good luck with the Plyo!
                I have my 1st Max Recovery workout today & am looking forward to it, although I have a feeling I will still be a sweaty mess after it!

Originally Posted by JenK 

I did the fit test this morning. Wow-it is tough, my legs feel like jelly! However I really enjoyed it so I am excited about the program!! Plyometric cardio circuit tomorrow!

#18 june11bride

june11bride
                • 304 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:36 PM

I am on my second cardio recovery today... I find it really hard to just do that one video in a day...I feel like I'm not doing enough. I am tempted to go for a run, but it's called cardio recovery for a reason!! What are your experiences with the cardio recovery day? I get a little sweaty and my legs burn but I don't think I burn many calories. Does my body really need that much of a break?

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#19 JenK

JenK
                  • 302 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

Well, completed plyo tonight. All I have to say is HOLY CR*P!!! I can't believe how tough a DVD program can be!!! WOW! There is DEFINITE room for improvement! LOL!!

Sharon-how did the max recovery workout go?

june11bride-I am hoping that at SOME point I will think the cardio recovery isn't enough. I have a feeling that at my current fitness level, I will find it tough! LOL! I'll let you know Thursday! :)

bmadzia1-congrats on losing 8 lbs!!!!

orange_peel-good to know about the max workouts with more arms! I am worried about my neighbours below me too! I have concrete flooring so I am hoping they don't hear much! lol!!

#20 JenK

JenK
                    • 302 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:08 PM

oh also-kellygrrrl-thanks for all the tips that you gave about modifying the exercises and not feeling bad about not doing it ALL. It has made me feel better that I had to take a few extra breaks :) My legs feel like JELLY!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users