Jump to content
kellygrrrl

The Official INSANITY Support Thread

Recommended Posts

Alright ladies, I am back at it this evening!  Wish me luck, it's been 2 1/2 weeks  YIKES!  So disappointed in myself but all I can do is start over again!  Hopefully I didn't lose all the endurance I gained in the first 6 weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Oh you're so motivating!  Thank you!  I like the idea that I can dip down into month one, but I'm going to try and stick it out as much as I can.  I do feel stronger and can notice my muscles firming up, I just wished it showed more.  After month 2 I think I'm going to continue with it up until the wedding.  Do you think I should add in a recovery week and then bounce back to month 1 or start month 2 again?

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

I think the best advice is to keep going. try to take a break (e.g. pause the video) if your muscles/endurance need a minute to recover and continue to do what you can. don't be too disappointed if you can't do everything, just try, and I think you'll surprise yourself as you can do more and more. and honestly, I wouldn't be afraid to dip back into month one every now and again to have a lighter day and look back at just how far you've come.

 

I remember the day that being in plank felt as natural as standing on the ground. that was a good moment, but it was a few weeks into month two before it happened. keep going, tropic lover. you can do it!! : )

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you're welcome. : ) I struggled with month two and now I realize that it's ok if you can't do everything (that's a tough one for me because I'm a perfectionist at heart ; ).

 

hmmm... what to do next? that's a tough one. I'd say maybe take a week or so off and then bounce between month one and month two for the remaining time. OR if you want more muscle results, see if you can get your hands on a copy of P90X. I just borrowed it from one of my friends, and it's like an hour of weights, which seems BORING by comparison but may give you the definition you want when mixed with Insanity. I think their recommended way of combining both is 4 days P90X and 2 days Insanity, but you can do whatever you like. or you could go take some yoga classes, run, swim, anything active. I'd just taper it a bit before the wedding so you're not running up to the breaking point just before leaving and going to lounge around and drink cocktails all day during your vacation. ; ) (I know, I'm planning to do that, too ; ).

 

if you want to lose fat, I'd stay with Insanity. if you're already pretty lean and want to build more muscle, I'd try some weights and/or P90X. 

 

keep me posted with what you decide, and congrats on getting this far into month two!! : )

 

-kelly 

 

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post


Oh you're so motivating!  Thank you!  I like the idea that I can dip down into month one, but I'm going to try and stick it out as much as I can.  I do feel stronger and can notice my muscles firming up, I just wished it showed more.  After month 2 I think I'm going to continue with it up until the wedding.  Do you think I should add in a recovery week and then bounce back to month 1 or start month 2 again?



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you ladies doing?  We are going to start month 2 this week (finally), but the weather has been amazing here so we have been going for long walks instead.  Obviously not the intensity of Insanity, but it gets us outside! :)

 

Just wanted to check in and see how you all were doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After debating for weeks if I should jump in and buy insanity... I finally did today. Thank you so much ladies for all you comments, motivation, and updates... it really helped in my decision. Hopefully I will get it soon and get on the workout plan! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

 

Mon - Insanity per calendar

Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

Wed - Insanity per calendar

Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

 

as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

How are you ladies doing?  We are going to start month 2 this week (finally), but the weather has been amazing here so we have been going for long walks instead.  Obviously not the intensity of Insanity, but it gets us outside! :)

 

Just wanted to check in and see how you all were doing?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job kellygrrrl!!  Keep at it.  I like how your schedule looks.  Looks like a great mix up and gives you the right amount of both.

 

How can you say P90X yoga is light?? LOL!  I know its not like the others but damn that thing is loooong and exhausting too. 

 

I seriously have not done a DVD in a good month or more.  So bad.  But we are about to book our June vacation so at the end of this month I plan on starting it up again and seeing how it goes. 

 

 

**SIDE NOTE** - we are signing our sales contract for the house we bought!!!  Its a build-to-order home so we get to make it our own.  Just picked out our dirt lot Monday and are signing papers today to finalize it!!  WOOHOO we will be home owners very soon. woot.gif
 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post


hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

 

Mon - Insanity per calendar

Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

Wed - Insanity per calendar

Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

 

as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been doing Insanity for quit some time now and love it! If you want to step it up a notch or are getting bored with Insanity, I suggest doing Insanity 2 aka Asylum! There is a weight workout, an Olympic sports workout and several cardio agility tracks. Warning though, Shawn T is actually kinda mean/less motivational talk this go round!
 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

you're welcome. : ) I struggled with month two and now I realize that it's ok if you can't do everything (that's a tough one for me because I'm a perfectionist at heart ; ).

 

hmmm... what to do next? that's a tough one. I'd say maybe take a week or so off and then bounce between month one and month two for the remaining time. OR if you want more muscle results, see if you can get your hands on a copy of P90X. I just borrowed it from one of my friends, and it's like an hour of weights, which seems BORING by comparison but may give you the definition you want when mixed with Insanity. I think their recommended way of combining both is 4 days P90X and 2 days Insanity, but you can do whatever you like. or you could go take some yoga classes, run, swim, anything active. I'd just taper it a bit before the wedding so you're not running up to the breaking point just before leaving and going to lounge around and drink cocktails all day during your vacation. ; ) (I know, I'm planning to do that, too ; ).

 

if you want to lose fat, I'd stay with Insanity. if you're already pretty lean and want to build more muscle, I'd try some weights and/or P90X. 

 

keep me posted with what you decide, and congrats on getting this far into month two!! : )

 

-kelly 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered INsanity on a whim, now just waiting for it to come in the mail.

 

I am nervous and excited...LOL! I really want to like it and stick to it. I have a gym membership but all I do is cardio. I would love to utilize the gym more for weights and spend more time at home which is why I chose Insanity. I am stoked to start this program and even more so that I found a thread on it!

:-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


You are doing sooo great!  I am probably not going to order P90X, but I do have another beachbody DVD that uses weights while working out, so I think I will try that too!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post


hey jamie - things here are great! I'm on week four of Insanity, but I'm doing an Insanity/P90X hybrid so it looks like this:

 

Mon - Insanity per calendar

Tues - P90X legs and back (includes lots of pullups in the P90X routine, can switch with Sat)

Wed - Insanity per calendar

Thurs - light (either P90X Yoga or the Insanity Thurs plan)

Fri - Insanity (can switch with Sat)

Sat - P90X arms and shoulders (can switch with Fri or Tues)

 

as luck would have it, the routine sticks closely to the lean P90X plan, and I throw in the Insanity Abs here and there. I love it because it's focused on strength-building as well as fat-shredding cardio (last time I thought my muscles plateaued on an entirely Insanity plan). FI has started to join with me, and we even bought the results and recovery formula (mmm... tastes like an orange push-up pop!) and the P90X protein bars. I feel like a walking Beach Body advertisement, but I'm really happy with both programs in combination. also, I'm going to skip the recovery week (it killed my momentum last time) and just go straight into Insanity month 2. I don't know how I feel about 40 mins of cardio following that CRAZY warmup and stretch, but I figured I'd give it a shot and go back to month one if it was too much. I've already lost an inch or two around my waist, and all my work pants are loose : ) yay!! it's working!! : )
 



 



 

I could definitely see how you could get bored with INSANITY, I am feeling bored right now!  Probably because I took a 2 week break in month one and am not trying to get myself back up to par again before doing month 2.
 

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

I have been doing Insanity for quit some time now and love it! If you want to step it up a notch or are getting bored with Insanity, I suggest doing Insanity 2 aka Asylum! There is a weight workout, an Olympic sports workout and several cardio agility tracks. Warning though, Shawn T is actually kinda mean/less motivational talk this go round!
 



 



 

Welcome and good luck!  We did not renew our gym membership once we ordered INSANITY.  It is a great work out, but it is tough, which I like because I would never push myself like that at the gym!!!
 

Originally Posted by ntlsnow View Post

Ordered INsanity on a whim, now just waiting for it to come in the mail.

 

I am nervous and excited...LOL! I really want to like it and stick to it. I have a gym membership but all I do is cardio. I would love to utilize the gym more for weights and spend more time at home which is why I chose Insanity. I am stoked to start this program and even more so that I found a thread on it!

:-)



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×