The Official INSANITY Support Thread

Welcome!!  And great choice on choosing Insanity. 

Like you, I am a sugar freak but once you start these workouts and see how much hard work you put in "usually" you have no desire to chow down on some nasty sugary crap that will slow down your progress.  But you can also know that since you put in so much hard work a treat here or there will not set you back much if at all.  Please just don't read that as I can eat whatever I want because I do Insanity.  Food is about 80-85% of your results so make healthy wise choices to fuel your body while you are doing these intense workouts. 

Good Luck and keep us all posted!!

Originally Posted by Andrea28 View Post

ohhh I am SOO happy there is an Insanity thread !!

My friend started doing it during her lunch hours at work with co-workers. She lost 10 lbs in a month so i decided to look it up and I finally bought the DVDs (still waiting for them). I thought it would be a great way to get in shape before my wedding and I would like to loose 15lbs. My wedding is in 10 months but I would like to get to my goal before May when I will be buying my dress. My fiancé is also looking foward to doing it. I am happy that i will be able to share my experience here and find some support :) I am having trouble with food though, I am a sugar freak and I have trouble controling my portions. I am lucky that I am not over weight but If I continue eating like I do, I will be. I am also someone that is quite active, but lost my motivation a couple of months ago. I don't feel like going to the gym no more, i find it gets boring so hopefully doing this at home will give me a boost. Looking foward on sharing my experience with all of you. :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Taryn, my weakness is Cakes and candy bars....ALL kinds! I did a round of Insanity last year and had such great results I decided to do another round to get in shape for my wedding.  When you are pushing yourself so hard you tend to think twice about the foods you ingest.  I still treat myself once a week but I dont overdo it, especially when you start seeing results and getting compliments, it SUPERcharges you to keep going and to stay on track.

34 more days until I am in Punta Cana!!!

38 days until #Jday!

YAY!  Very exciting! cheer2.gif Especially knowing someone else will be doing it the same time as me.  My FI and I are doing it together too which is super helpful in the motivation department!  We are also helping each other with with eating.  We went and bought all the food, etc... we needed and threw out all "the bad food" so we wouldn't be tempted.  I think once you start doing it, you will want to eat better, not to mention you need the energy to get through the work outs (from my very very very short time) doing it, I know I need it.  I am sure you will be able to cut down on the sweets!  My problem is salt!  :)  But it'll be worth it to limit my sodium intake when I am in Mexico!  :)  Good luck! and can't wait to hear when you start!

Originally Posted by Andrea28 View Post

ohhh I am SOO happy there is an Insanity thread !!

My friend started doing it during her lunch hours at work with co-workers. She lost 10 lbs in a month so i decided to look it up and I finally bought the DVDs (still waiting for them). I thought it would be a great way to get in shape before my wedding and I would like to loose 15lbs. My wedding is in 10 months but I would like to get to my goal before May when I will be buying my dress. My fiancé is also looking foward to doing it. I am happy that i will be able to share my experience here and find some support :) I am having trouble with food though, I am a sugar freak and I have trouble controling my portions. I am lucky that I am not over weight but If I continue eating like I do, I will be. I am also someone that is quite active, but lost my motivation a couple of months ago. I don't feel like going to the gym no more, i find it gets boring so hopefully doing this at home will give me a boost. Looking foward on sharing my experience with all of you. :)

thanks guys :)  I usually control my sweet intake by not keeping any at home and it works pretty well for me. But with christmas and all .. oufff I ate ALOT of sweets !!  I had bought stuff to make deserts over christmas and I got rid of what was left today so I won't be tempted. I am lucky that my fiancé is not a sweet lover so he doesn't mind not having it around. Tomorrow I will start some of my excerises DVD's until my insanity comes in the mail. Can't wait :)

I will be taking my before pictures also this week-end, I really want that free T-shirt and have proof of the changes :)

Wow, ladies. I am thoroughly impressed. I ran across this thread by chance yesterday and just finished reading through every single post. You all inspired me to order the DVDs - i found them on Ebay for $75. I've been working out consistently for about a year and a half now, but have really taken it seriously over the last six months, but i'm only down ten pounds. As of Jan. 2, I cut out all alcohol and sweets, watching my carb intake, and forcing myself to eat lots of veggies. I'm hoping my clean diet, along with Insanity will have me bikini-ready by mid-March. I am so excited to get started and wanted to thank all of you for the motivation, especially those of you who have posted pics! Unreal!

Wow, congrats Jamie! :) 

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Hi Ladies,

I just finished my first week of Insanity!  I have never been so sore in my life, but it was THE best pain!!!

Excited to see what the next 7 weeks brings!  :)

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Morning Ladies!!

Just wanted to check in with all of you and see how Insanity was going!!! I cant wait to hear everyon's updates and the results you are seeing/getting! We leave exactly one month from today!!! EEEKKKK!!!! No time to slack off now....so I need all the last minute motivation I can get :).

EEEEKKK is right!!!  I am so excited for you!  You can do it!!!  (But you already look so amazing!)  Bikini, bikini, bikini!  :)  Well....that's my new mantra anyways! :)

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Morning Ladies!!

Just wanted to check in with all of you and see how Insanity was going!!! I cant wait to hear everyon's updates and the results you are seeing/getting! We leave exactly one month from today!!! EEEKKKK!!!! No time to slack off now....so I need all the last minute motivation I can get :).

hi ladies -

just wanted to check in, as it's been awhile since I posted here. I'm gearing up to start Insanity again (this will be my second time through the DVDs). our wedding is in May, so I was thinking I'd start in early to mid-February. based on the earlier comment about it being 80 - 85% what you eat, I'm thinking of following the meal plan CLOSELY this time. the first time through, I lost ~5 lbs and dropped a size, so that put me around 117 lbs at 5' 4". for me, it's not so much about numbers as it is wanting to feel great (and have my arms look buff, that'd be awesome ; ).

has anyone tried it with the meal plan? thoughts?

-kelly