The Official INSANITY Support Thread

Welcome~~~  It is intense, but it will be well worth it!  I know I just feel a lot more heart healthy too!

Originally Posted by ShellyCarter View Post

Just started insanity, holy sh** it's sooo intense. Wish me luck

I can totally see a difference!!!  you look soooo amazing!!!  You are doing such a great job!!!  Keep it up!!!!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

hey ladies - wanted to post a couple before and after shots showing progress over the first 5 weeks. I'm just finishing the first week of month two, and it's going well! much better than the first time I did it, I think because I really relaxed in week 5 and returned to it renewed and committed to making it through month two.

now I realize these shots will likely not help me win any biggest loser competitions - the difference is subtle. I've lost 1"+ in the major places and am hoping for continued progress in the waist/hips/thighs in month two. also, I've done only Insanity this week but am missing P90X. I think the weights helped lean out the muscles a bit more, whereas Insanity has a tendency to build them. oh, and I heard on Dr. Oz this week that, "Fat on the thighs is not metabolically active and is being stored for future use." he was pushing this white kidney bean extract to help block starches, and although I'm not into all the supplements, it's definitely food for thought.

how's everyone else doing??  

Insanity Before, After.jpg

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks so much for the kind words, ladies. month two, week two and still going strong! hang in there, everyone. : ) and scxT - isn't it crazy when you do Insanity after being off for awhile?? doing it last year vs this year was great perspective. I bet you'll get back in shape even faster because your body already knows the moves. you just gotta get your muscles caught up. ; )

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Welcome~~~  It is intense, but it will be well worth it!  I know I just feel a lot more heart healthy too!

I can totally see a difference!!!  you look soooo amazing!!!  You are doing such a great job!!!  Keep it up!!!!

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

What do you mean subtle? That's amazing!

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Awesome job kellygrrrl!!!!

I did one video last week.  Damn I am weak compared to how I was before.  I was dying on level 1 drills LOL.  Doing another one this week....hopefully two.

Well, the FI and I have decided to start Insanity at the beginning of May (wedding is in November).  Any tips for us?  We're going to check out the nutrition plan today to see what it entails because I know how important eating is, i'm just not into unmanageable programs that tell you to cut out major food groups.  I'm looking for more of a lifestyle change than a diet :)  Should we try the insanity workouts a couple days a week before officially starting in may?

Definitely plan to take before pics.  Although a not fun experience, i think they're helpful.  Thanks for posting yours Kellygrrl.  It's actually super helpful to see someone normal post their pics so you can get an idea of what's reasonable to expect (you look great by the way!) and from someone who isn't on their promotional video ;)

Does anyone know of a good app or online tracker or something that has helped keep them motivated or at least tracking their progress?  I find sometimes those kind of things help and wondered if anyone knew of a good one or an insanity specific one.

thanks!!

hey mimi - I think it's a great idea to start slowly. just try the warm up. don't go at Shawn T's pace (I still don't), just pick something that's comfortable for you. when we started, both me and my FI were sore for a good 4 - 5 days. unless you run or keep in shape regularly, you just don't have the muscles in your lower legs to support all that jumping around. but only in the short term. ; )

for me, the meal plan was pretty easy. just try to eat the staples. if you eat breads/cereal/oatmeal, make sure they're whole grain. I've gotten so used to it that now when I eat white bread, I get gas. : X stick to low fat, high protein foods. you can tailor the plan to what you like, and there's lots of stuff that isn't mentioned like SOUPS which are AWESOME for veggies. and garden burgers. if you look around, you can find lots of other things to eat. lean protein + veggie is always a good idea for dinner. FI and I also bought the P90X protein bars and the results and recovery formula. I really liked both (the P90X bar peanut butter flavor is best, and the results and recovery formula tastes like a creamsicle, no joke!) I can't say the same for Shakeology. no matter what I blended it with, I had to choke it down. yeeesh.

the first time I did Insanity, I didn't really follow the meal plan. I'd still eat regular peanut butter and Subway sandwiches (on white bread!) for lunch. this time, I've stayed much closer to the meal plan. overall, I'm not sure there's a huge difference, but it's been good learning, and I'm starting to enjoy the healthy food.

for me, as silly as it sounds, checking off that box in the calendar was all the motivation I needed (in addition to thinking, 'swimsuit. family. XX days. swimsuit. family. XX days.') ha! I think once you get into it, it's pretty easy to keep going. you just feel good and want to keep that feeling. the workout becomes its own motivation.

let us know how you do and if you start early. again, you can pick any month one DVD and just do the warm up and stretch to see how it goes and get your legs ready. good luck!

Originally Posted by mimiq View Post

Well, the FI and I have decided to start Insanity at the beginning of May (wedding is in November).  Any tips for us?  We're going to check out the nutrition plan today to see what it entails because I know how important eating is, i'm just not into unmanageable programs that tell you to cut out major food groups.  I'm looking for more of a lifestyle change than a diet :)  Should we try the insanity workouts a couple days a week before officially starting in may?

Definitely plan to take before pics.  Although a not fun experience, i think they're helpful.  Thanks for posting yours Kellygrrl.  It's actually super helpful to see someone normal post their pics so you can get an idea of what's reasonable to expect (you look great by the way!) and from someone who isn't on their promotional video ;)

Does anyone know of a good app or online tracker or something that has helped keep them motivated or at least tracking their progress?  I find sometimes those kind of things help and wondered if anyone knew of a good one or an insanity specific one.

thanks!!

jamie - congrats! I'm so glad it's working for you. and 7 lbs is AMAZING!! you must be able to feel/see the difference. I think net/net, I've only lost 4 - 5 lbs total, but I'm hoping that's more due to the muscle gain.

I was trying on my dress this weekend with different strapless bras and noticed it didn't feel tight anymore. in fact, my mom commented that I couldn't lose any more weight or it wouldn't fit. I've got 2 weeks of Insanity left, but I think I'm going to relax it a bit, maybe rotate in some more P90X - I just don't want to get smaller. I'm not sure that would happen anyway because my measurements have been about the same since mid-March. I'm just slightly bummed because this was the point where I fell off the wagon the first time I did Insanity, and I was determined to finish strong.

I've got just under 4 weeks to the actual wedding day (3.5 wks until we leave), so I'll try to devise something to do in the meantime. any suggestions?

-kelly

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

OMG!  I weighed myself yesterday and guess what????????????????

I have finally lost some weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

I have lost 7lbs to be exact and my jeans do finally feel a little looser!!!  WOO to the HOO!!!!  :)

kellygrrrl can't you get last minute alterations a few days before you leave it it doesn't fit right?  I'd stick with Insanity so you feel you accomplished your goal and you stuck with it the whole time.  Then you can get the dress taken in a bit in the areas you need right before you go.  Or is that not an option?

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

jamie - congrats! I'm so glad it's working for you. and 7 lbs is AMAZING!! you must be able to feel/see the difference. I think net/net, I've only lost 4 - 5 lbs total, but I'm hoping that's more due to the muscle gain.

I was trying on my dress this weekend with different strapless bras and noticed it didn't feel tight anymore. in fact, my mom commented that I couldn't lose any more weight or it wouldn't fit. I've got 2 weeks of Insanity left, but I think I'm going to relax it a bit, maybe rotate in some more P90X - I just don't want to get smaller. I'm not sure that would happen anyway because my measurements have been about the same since mid-March. I'm just slightly bummed because this was the point where I fell off the wagon the first time I did Insanity, and I was determined to finish strong.

I've got just under 4 weeks to the actual wedding day (3.5 wks until we leave), so I'll try to devise something to do in the meantime. any suggestions?

-kelly

I did another DVD last week.  Pure Cardio Baby!!

So am I the only crazy one that prefers doing Pure Cardio over any other DVD?  I just love knowing its only 15 minutes - 15 exercises non-stop.  David says that isn't true because of the warmup but that is how I see it.  I know I can put it in, push thru for 15 intense minutes and then be done.  I love it!!

Gonna do 2 this week...I'm determined.

na, the dress didn't cost that much to begin with, so after $125 for just a front hem (three layer chiffon/silk - who knew?!), I'm done paying for alterations. I'll just have to eat more. : )

initially I hated pure cardio because it was straight through, but as soon as I realized that you did each exercise only once, it became my new favorite. I didn't think of the timing until now in month two. it's the shortest DVD at 45 mins, whereas the others are an hour long. also, it changes the warm up on the third time through so you go back to the month one warmup. definitely a relief as you contemplate an HOUR of jumping push-ups and the like.

weight loss be darned, I'm foraging ahead. I had a piece of pizza over the weekend, as well as a doughnut for breakfast and took two days off in a row (the most since I started Insanity), so hopefully that's counterbalancing the sweat. ; ) next step is to eat more of the healthy foods instead. two more weeks to go (3.5 until the wedding)!!!

-kelly 

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

I did another DVD last week.  Pure Cardio Baby!!

So am I the only crazy one that prefers doing Pure Cardio over any other DVD?  I just love knowing its only 15 minutes - 15 exercises non-stop.  David says that isn't true because of the warmup but that is how I see it.  I know I can put it in, push thru for 15 intense minutes and then be done.  I love it!!

Gonna do 2 this week...I'm determined.