The Official INSANITY Support Thread

We are going to Punta Cana and staying at Iberostar Bavaro.  We have stayed at an Iberostar before in Montego Bay and loved it.  Seems all the Iberostar resorts are pretty popular and have good reviews.  Where do you want to go for your bday??

I am already excited and its more than 2 months away LOL.  But they will fly by especially with watching our house being built in the same exact time frame. 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Where are you going in the DR??? My 30th is coming up and my hubby wants to surprise me with a vacation...most likely in June as well!

I started back working out this week, my sister's birthday is in May so we are Celebrating in Vegas! So excited! Time to get back on it...honeymoon is over :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first we agreed on Italy, but with just coming back from and paying for our wedding between just the two of us...I told him to find somewhere else. So I gave him my top 4:

Rio De Janeiro

Hawaii

Sandals Resort (any of them)

Atlantis Bahamas as a group

We have heard good things about Iberostar, if we go back to the DR next year that's where we will be staying, either that or the Riu!

So much positivity for you in 2012, promotions, vacations, house....once the house is complete...time to fill up those rooms ;)

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

We are going to Punta Cana and staying at Iberostar Bavaro.  We have stayed at an Iberostar before in Montego Bay and loved it.  Seems all the Iberostar resorts are pretty popular and have good reviews.  Where do you want to go for your bday??

I am already excited and its more than 2 months away LOL.  But they will fly by especially with watching our house being built in the same exact time frame. 

Hello Ladies!

We finally started month 2 after doing month one forever is seems like!  So glad we did, I was pretty sick of month one.  I actually really enjoyed yesterday.  It was definitely harder, but I felt I did pretty well considering.  I still had to take my breaks, but I also pushed through a lot!  I am afraid of what else is to come, but I decided month 2 will definitely whip me into shape in no time!

Another vacation!-FUN!!!!  Welcome back!!!

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Hello Insanity Ladies!!

So our vacation is now officially booked which means I now have a reason to workout harder and start Insanity again LOL.  We leave Jun 1 which means I have a little over 70 days to go.  I think I am going to start up this wknd and I don't plan on doing the recovery week this time.  I also plan on going to the gym to do full body once a week and bikram yoga once a week.  I really hope I can stick to it and I hope one doesn't cause me to be too sore for the other.  We shall see.  

How is every one else doing?? 

It sounds like you are doing soooo amazing!  YAY!!!

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

haha, funny you shoudl say you're skipping the recovery week, because I've just finished month one, and despite my earlier claims, I think I'm keeping it! I'm pretty tired, and the short break will be nice before launching into month two.

it's a good idea to do some different things. it breaks up the frenetic pace of Insanity, and honestly, I've had no difference in results from the first time I did it (all Insanity) to this time (Insanity/P90X combo) - except maybe now I have more muscle, thus enabling me to do more Insanity. I always figured that if I cut too many Insanity days, I could add them back in, but I haven't needed to. I measured on Saturday and am down an inch in all the major places. I'll have to post a pic soon (have I promised that already)?

glad you're back on the Insanity plan, sxcT! a wedding, an AHR and a vacation in one year? lucky! ; )

Hi ladies,

So I have to vent...I'm wondering if that's all I do on this thread....lol sorry, but thanks for listening.  You may have read I'm on month 2 week 3.  Yesterday I had my first set of wedding alterations and it didn't go as I thought.  First of all my MOH who is my only in province bridesmaid had to bail on my appointment because she has an exam coming up.  Understandable, but I did book this 1 month in advance and checked the date with her.  Nonetheless I was by myself.  When I went to put on my dress I noticed it was a little difficult for me to shimmy into.  It's a sweetheart neck, rouching along the bodice, corset back and a dropped waist that falls right above my butt.  So they strap me into this thing and all I can think of is "wow this is really tight on my hips and upper butt....like I'm afraid I can't sit down tight". 

The seamstress comes by confirms the bust and waist are good and gives me the option of letting the dress out at the hips/butt.  OMG, worst nightmare ever!  I'm thinking I've been working my butt of for the past two months eating well and my dress is too tight?!  Holding back tears I give the seamstress the Spanish Inquisition regarding the "letting out" making sure it will still look good.  She assures me there's enough fabric to do so and since it's a satin dress there won't be any markings where the original hem was.  All in all it was a brutal experience AND to top it off I cut my hand on one of the pins and got a little blood on the bodice.  They say it isn't a problem to get the stain out and it happens all the time.  Ugh what a total let down. 

I seriously don't know what's gone wrong.  My dress came in this August where I tried it on and I can't remember it being this tight on my butt, but then again I may have not paid attention, I can't remember.  I was a total emotional wreak last night and my FI who's wonderful says it's probably because my body shape is changing and that to relax because I don't look bigger.  Hard to believe when you're feeling down.

This morning I got and measured myself and it's showing that my hips are the same, but my thigh and calf are bigger...I'm hoping that's because my muscles are sore and puffy...hopefully :-(  As a side note I measured myself during the first week of Insanity and skipped every other time.  Maybe I should be doing it more consistently.

Bust 37.6" - 36.7"

Waist 32.9" - 31.8

Hips 39" - 39"

Right thigh 26" - 26.5"

Right calf 16.1" - 16.6"

My next appointment is in two weeks and I'm going into hard core mode.  Like sugar isn't in my vocabulary, bread doesn't exist, dairy has been dumped and my weekend wine has disappeared.  I'm hoping that all of this helps otherwise I'm going to feel like a beached whale in Mexico rather than a fit bride. Thanks for listening and happy sweating.

Girl, I feel like I am going through the same thing!!!!  I have lost NO weight whatsoever and my clothes feel the exact same!  I feel that working out and eating healthy actually hurts, rather than helps me.  I know, I know, that's not possible, but for me, I think it is!!!  I have been completely discouraged too!  I tried on my dress a couple weeks ago and I was less than thrilled with how I looked in it.  It's a really popular dress, so when I see other girls in it, I think "I am totally not as cute in it". 

With how the works out are, I keep thinking there is NO WAY they won't eventually work, right!?!?  So, I will stick with it and come to you girls when I need it!!!  That's why we are here!!! 

Keep up the GREAT work!  And know you are building muscle and it will eventually you will lean out!!!!  You are doing amazing!!!  We are our worst critic and I am sure you are looking good!!!  :)

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

Hi ladies,

So I have to vent...I'm wondering if that's all I do on this thread....lol sorry, but thanks for listening.  You may have read I'm on month 2 week 3.  Yesterday I had my first set of wedding alterations and it didn't go as I thought.  First of all my MOH who is my only in province bridesmaid had to bail on my appointment because she has an exam coming up.  Understandable, but I did book this 1 month in advance and checked the date with her.  Nonetheless I was by myself.  When I went to put on my dress I noticed it was a little difficult for me to shimmy into.  It's a sweetheart neck, rouching along the bodice, corset back and a dropped waist that falls right above my butt.  So they strap me into this thing and all I can think of is "wow this is really tight on my hips and upper butt....like I'm afraid I can't sit down tight". 

The seamstress comes by confirms the bust and waist are good and gives me the option of letting the dress out at the hips/butt.  OMG, worst nightmare ever!  I'm thinking I've been working my butt of for the past two months eating well and my dress is too tight?!  Holding back tears I give the seamstress the Spanish Inquisition regarding the "letting out" making sure it will still look good.  She assures me there's enough fabric to do so and since it's a satin dress there won't be any markings where the original hem was.  All in all it was a brutal experience AND to top it off I cut my hand on one of the pins and got a little blood on the bodice.  They say it isn't a problem to get the stain out and it happens all the time.  Ugh what a total let down. 

I seriously don't know what's gone wrong.  My dress came in this August where I tried it on and I can't remember it being this tight on my butt, but then again I may have not paid attention, I can't remember.  I was a total emotional wreak last night and my FI who's wonderful says it's probably because my body shape is changing and that to relax because I don't look bigger.  Hard to believe when you're feeling down.

This morning I got and measured myself and it's showing that my hips are the same, but my thigh and calf are bigger...I'm hoping that's because my muscles are sore and puffy...hopefully :-(  As a side note I measured myself during the first week of Insanity and skipped every other time.  Maybe I should be doing it more consistently.

Bust 37.6" - 36.7"

Waist 32.9" - 31.8

Hips 39" - 39"

Right thigh 26" - 26.5"

Right calf 16.1" - 16.6"

My next appointment is in two weeks and I'm going into hard core mode.  Like sugar isn't in my vocabulary, bread doesn't exist, dairy has been dumped and my weekend wine has disappeared.  I'm hoping that all of this helps otherwise I'm going to feel like a beached whale in Mexico rather than a fit bride. Thanks for listening and happy sweating.

Stick with it! I try not to weight myself too often and just go with how my body feels. Even though I may have only lost a couple of pounds, I know that I have put on a lot of muscle, so I am happy with my progress. I was a competitive gymnast all throughout my life and college, so I am particularly hard on myself and my body image. I found that if I cut out any alcohol during the work week (i.e. happy hours) and also cut out any pasta, rice, and bread, I can recognize a change in my body and I feel fantastic! The first week was difficult and I do have my indulgences on the weekend, but now I find that I am craving more fruits and veggies. Plus, if I let know I let myself cheat on the weekends, it's easier for me to push through during the week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Girl, I feel like I am going through the same thing!!!!  I have lost NO weight whatsoever and my clothes feel the exact same!  I feel that working out and eating healthy actually hurts, rather than helps me.  I know, I know, that's not possible, but for me, I think it is!!!  I have been completely discouraged too!  I tried on my dress a couple weeks ago and I was less than thrilled with how I looked in it.  It's a really popular dress, so when I see other girls in it, I think "I am totally not as cute in it". 

With how the works out are, I keep thinking there is NO WAY they won't eventually work, right!?!?  So, I will stick with it and come to you girls when I need it!!!  That's why we are here!!! 

Keep up the GREAT work!  And know you are building muscle and it will eventually you will lean out!!!!  You are doing amazing!!!  We are our worst critic and I am sure you are looking good!!!  :)

tropiclover and jamie - I am so sorry. : ( I wish we had a trainer in this forum so they could offer suggestions. based on your profile pics, you both look pretty thin as-is. is it possible that you don't have much fat to lose? I'm wondering if your bodies are in the dreaded 'starvation mode,' and that Insanity may be too extreme for you to do every single day. 

it's no question that Insanity is designed to burn fat ASAP. I wonder what would happen if you switched to some weight lifting workouts for the longer-term metabolism gains. you could use the free link posted earlier in this forum and try P90X arms and shoulders or legs and chest?

when doing Insanity, I always feel like my hamstrings bulk up because of all the jumps and squats. tropiclover, I'm almost certain that's what's going on with you. your body is moving things around as you're building more muscle and losing fat. it's hard to imagine that half an inch is throwing everything so far off, but I'm sure it's possible. as long as you like what you're seeing in the mirror (and as impossible as this is NOT to do), I wouldn't worry about letting the dress out. you KNOW you're not sitting on the couch all day and night eating cookies and ice cream and wondering what happened. you're working SUPER hard, and you should feel proud of what you've accomplished.

when in doubt, break out the camera. take some before and after shots in the same outfits (swimwear, workout wear and even street clothes) so you can see the difference. I think that even if you do it right now vs. two weeks from now, you'll see the difference. it may be subtle, but I think it will be there.

tough as it may be now, hang in there ladies. keep going, keep eating well. if you're burnt out, take a day (or two) off. if you're tired of Insanity, do something else. if it's really not working for you (even in terms of making you feel better), then I think that's your cue that you need a different workout. you could even seek out an experienced personal trainer to help explain what's going on and guide you to what works. just keep going and keep experimenting until you figure it out. you can do it!! : )

Ok ladies, I felt the SAME way you did, I did Insanity and got into good physical shape, but my body didnt lean out...at all.  So after the Insanity I did the Asylum (pounds DROPPED off), then one month before I upped my cardio and sat in the sauna to ensure that all any excess water I was taking in wasnt sticking on me. 6 weeks before I limited my carb intake and stopped eating after 6pm. 3 weeks before I juiced.  So in two months I dropped 20 pounds. I am not really big either, and no one believed I dropped that much, but I am assuming that Insanity just put so much weight in my legs and calves that's where all the weight was. 

When I tried on my wedding dress it wouldnt zip up...I bought my dress in November for a February wedding. The dress was a size 6, the seamstress said she could take it out and there was enough space since it was only about 1.5" from zipping up.  I told her there was NO WAY there would be any letting out of my dress! 4 weeks later it zipped, 6 weeks later it fit. Final fitting, it had to be taken IN 3 inches.

Make a few dietary changes, limit your carb intake, and dont eat after 6.  Those worked WONDERS for me.  The juicing is optional, but I lost about a pound a day while I was juicing.  I also take a Complete 30 multivitamin from Complete Nutrition.

So dont be discouraged or dismayed, you ladies have more than enough time to make the changes you would like to.  If not, the most important thing at the end of the day is that you are married to your best friend!

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

Hi ladies,

Bust 37.6" - 36.7"

Waist 32.9" - 31.8

Hips 39" - 39"

Right thigh 26" - 26.5"

Right calf 16.1" - 16.6"

Originally Posted by TheWolferts View Post

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

tropiclover and jamie - I am so sorry. : ( I wish we had a trainer in this forum so they could offer suggestions. based on your profile pics, you both look pretty thin as-is. is it possible that you don't have much fat to lose? I'm wondering if your bodies are in the dreaded 'starvation mode,' and that Insanity may be too extreme for you to do every single day. 

it's no question that Insanity is designed to burn fat ASAP. I wonder what would happen if you switched to some weight lifting workouts for the longer-term metabolism gains. you could use the free link posted earlier in this forum and try P90X arms and shoulders or legs and chest?

when doing Insanity, I always feel like my hamstrings bulk up because of all the jumps and squats. tropiclover, I'm almost certain that's what's going on with you. your body is moving things around as you're building more muscle and losing fat. it's hard to imagine that half an inch is throwing everything so far off, but I'm sure it's possible. as long as you like what you're seeing in the mirror (and as impossible as this is NOT to do), I wouldn't worry about letting the dress out. you KNOW you're not sitting on the couch all day and night eating cookies and ice cream and wondering what happened. you're working SUPER hard, and you should feel proud of what you've accomplished.

when in doubt, break out the camera. take some before and after shots in the same outfits (swimwear, workout wear and even street clothes) so you can see the difference. I think that even if you do it right now vs. two weeks from now, you'll see the difference. it may be subtle, but I think it will be there.

tough as it may be now, hang in there ladies. keep going, keep eating well. if you're burnt out, take a day (or two) off. if you're tired of Insanity, do something else. if it's really not working for you (even in terms of making you feel better), then I think that's your cue that you need a different workout. you could even seek out an experienced personal trainer to help explain what's going on and guide you to what works. just keep going and keep experimenting until you figure it out. you can do it!! : )

Thank you!  But I have a question...when I hear of juicing, I think of steroids.  I assume that is not what you mean???  So, can you tell me what it is, not to sounds completely dumb!  HA!  Is that just drinking liquids??

I will try the not eating after 6.  I made the decision that the only thing I will eat after 6, is salads (with protein) or a protein shake, but no carbs after I work out.  I just don't know if I can work out and not eat afterward, since I do it at night.  I need to get serious.  Only about 2 1/2 months to go!

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Ok ladies, I felt the SAME way you did, I did Insanity and got into good physical shape, but my body didnt lean out...at all.  So after the Insanity I did the Asylum (pounds DROPPED off), then one month before I upped my cardio and sat in the sauna to ensure that all any excess water I was taking in wasnt sticking on me. 6 weeks before I limited my carb intake and stopped eating after 6pm. 3 weeks before I juiced.  So in two months I dropped 20 pounds. I am not really big either, and no one believed I dropped that much, but I am assuming that Insanity just put so much weight in my legs and calves that's where all the weight was. 

When I tried on my wedding dress it wouldnt zip up...I bought my dress in November for a February wedding. The dress was a size 6, the seamstress said she could take it out and there was enough space since it was only about 1.5" from zipping up.  I told her there was NO WAY there would be any letting out of my dress! 4 weeks later it zipped, 6 weeks later it fit. Final fitting, it had to be taken IN 3 inches.

Make a few dietary changes, limit your carb intake, and dont eat after 6.  Those worked WONDERS for me.  The juicing is optional, but I lost about a pound a day while I was juicing.  I also take a Complete 30 multivitamin from Complete Nutrition.

So dont be discouraged or dismayed, you ladies have more than enough time to make the changes you would like to.  If not, the most important thing at the end of the day is that you are married to your best friend!

Look at www.jointhereboot.com I bought my juicer off amazon for like $99! And the recipes taste great, for the first 10 days I didnt work out at all, I just juiced.  Then I loved the juices so much I would juice breakfast/lunch and eat a no carb dinner.  I would make 2 32oz juices and sip it all day going back and forth between my water and my juice! You feel so amazing afterwards, like so full of energy..but the first 3 days are hard

Originally Posted by Jamie5280 View Post

Thank you!  But I have a question...when I hear of juicing, I think of steroids.  I assume that is not what you mean???  So, can you tell me what it is, not to sounds completely dumb!  HA!  Is that just drinking liquids??

I will try the not eating after 6.  I made the decision that the only thing I will eat after 6, is salads (with protein) or a protein shake, but no carbs after I work out.  I just don't know if I can work out and not eat afterward, since I do it at night.  I need to get serious.  Only about 2 1/2 months to go!