The Official INSANITY Support Thread

Right here!!  Same as you - lacto-ovo.  I didn't follow the meal plan exactly.  I eat pretty healthy all the time so I just stuck with my normal meals.  In the back of the booklet I believe it shows you what you can substitute in for things you may not like or eat.  For the protein I believe it listed tofu and beans as options for us veggies.  That is pretty much what I eat all the time anyways which is why it wasn't much different for me.  I would also recommend lots of extra protein supplement.  If you do take Shakeology it does not have enough protein so I would definitely add some in or make sure you take 1-2 shakes a day.  If you do soy I'd recommend adding in soy milk to the shake since it has more protein as well. 

I am not a nutritionist by any means but I've been a veggie pretty much all my life and I've always been very active so I know how important protein is.  Hope this helps a little!!

muscle.gif

Originally Posted by TropicLover View Post

Hey ladies!  So I've decided I'm starting Insanity tomorrow morning!  I'm excited, but scared at the same time ;-)  I'm also seriously thinking about following the eating plan and wanted to know if there are any vegetarian ladies that have modified the food plan?  I'm lacto-ovo, meaning dairy and eggs are okay, but meat, chicken and fish/seafood are out.  I've glanced through the meal suggestions and many of them are focused around meat.  Being a veggie I have my protein tricks up my sleeve, but I'm also looking for some other ideas (that preferably don't include soy).  Thanks for the help and wish me luck tomorrow ;-)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes !  Thanks for your help....now time to start video 1 cheer2.gif

Originally Posted by sxcT View Post

Right here!!  Same as you - lacto-ovo.  I didn't follow the meal plan exactly.  I eat pretty healthy all the time so I just stuck with my normal meals.  In the back of the booklet I believe it shows you what you can substitute in for things you may not like or eat.  For the protein I believe it listed tofu and beans as options for us veggies.  That is pretty much what I eat all the time anyways which is why it wasn't much different for me.  I would also recommend lots of extra protein supplement.  If you do take Shakeology it does not have enough protein so I would definitely add some in or make sure you take 1-2 shakes a day.  If you do soy I'd recommend adding in soy milk to the shake since it has more protein as well. 

I am not a nutritionist by any means but I've been a veggie pretty much all my life and I've always been very active so I know how important protein is.  Hope this helps a little!!

muscle.gif

Hi TropicLover,

I am one of the stop/start insanity ladies on this thread. I started and stopped a few times, but in my biggest stretch I lost 15 pounds (without changing my diet or doing any other exercises). I started after the new year, but then I stopped again a few days later.

I was wondering if you'd be my virtual workout buddy. Maybe knowing someone else is doing it with me will help me to commit to it. What do you say?

Hey ladies!  So I've decided I'm starting Insanity tomorrow morning!  I'm excited, but scared at the same time ;-)  I'm also seriously thinking about following the eating plan and wanted to know if there are any vegetarian ladies that have modified the food plan?  I'm lacto-ovo, meaning dairy and eggs are okay, but meat, chicken and fish/seafood are out.  I've glanced through the meal suggestions and many of them are focused around meat.  Being a veggie I have my protein tricks up my sleeve, but I'm also looking for some other ideas (that preferably don't include soy).  Thanks for the help and wish me luck tomorrow ;-)

Definitely!  Wow your numbers are so motivating!  You can totally do it.  The say a routine takes about 2 weeks to become 'normal' so if we can both get through the 2 weeks I'm hoping the next 2 wouldn't be so difficult to get motivated for.

I just did the fit test today and was totally entertained....lol mainly by my low numbers and the fact that I can barely do a push up let alone a power jack push up ;-)  Either way I'm happy that I can cross day 1 off....day 2 here I come!

Originally Posted by atalanta View Post

Hi TropicLover,

I am one of the stop/start insanity ladies on this thread. I started and stopped a few times, but in my biggest stretch I lost 15 pounds (without changing my diet or doing any other exercises). I started after the new year, but then I stopped again a few days later.

I was wondering if you'd be my virtual workout buddy. Maybe knowing someone else is doing it with me will help me to commit to it. What do you say?

Wow!! All you ladies seem so motivated and energized!!  I LOVE IT!!!

To update you new ladies...my wedding is about 2 months past but my AHR is in a few weeks.  I finished Insanity before the wedding and felt amazing so I was planing on doing Insanity again to get me back to where I was....but I just haven't been as motivated.  Its kinda easier knowing I no longer have to walk around in a bikini in front of friends and family LOL.  The dress covers everything pretty much.  But I am still being active...just not as active as I had hoped.  I skip every day or two so I really need to kick it up a notch.

So even though I've been there and done that and motivated others in the past....you guys are now motivating me.  I love this board so much!! 

Probably doing Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs tonight!!!

Keep up all the hard work ladies!!  The results will start to show after 1-2 weeks.  Its awesome!!!

if it's any help, in my experience, it took a few months for the weight I'd lost during Insanity to return. like you, I continued doing it a few times per week but then eventually fizzled out during the way-too-hot Texas summer. I weighed the same as when I stopped for awhile, though I'm not sure if I stayed in shape (cardiovascularly) that entire time. either way, you should be fine for your AHR, even if you stopped today (not that you want to, just in case ; ).

To update you new ladies...my wedding is about 2 months past but my AHR is in a few weeks.  I finished Insanity before the wedding and felt amazing so I was planing on doing Insanity again to get me back to where I was....but I just haven't been as motivated.  Its kinda easier knowing I no longer have to walk around in a bikini in front of friends and family LOL.  The dress covers everything pretty much.  But I am still being active...just not as active as I had hoped.  I skip every day or two so I really need to kick it up a notch.

So even though I've been there and done that and motivated others in the past....you guys are now motivating me.  I love this board so much!! 

Keep up all the hard work ladies!!  The results will start to show after 1-2 weeks.  Its awesome!!!

Thanks TropicLover,

I saw your post last night, and it has already helped. I really didn't want to get going this morning, but I did because I wanted to let you know that I did the Plyo. Thanks so much!

When I did the fit test the very first time, my numbers sucked. I couldn't do a push up, but now I love level one drills because I feel so accomplished every time I do those four pushups.

Even after stopping Insanity for two months, I'm still not back to my original fitness level (I'm not at my best either) but not too bad. As Kellygrrrl suggests above, the work you put in sticks even if you don't!

I'd love to hear how you felt about today. Congratulations on day 2!

Definitely!  Wow your numbers are so motivating!  You can totally do it.  The say a routine takes about 2 weeks to become 'normal' so if we can both get through the 2 weeks I'm hoping the next 2 wouldn't be so difficult to get motivated for.

I just did the fit test today and was totally entertained....lol mainly by my low numbers and the fact that I can barely do a push up let alone a power jack push up ;-)  Either way I'm happy that I can cross day 1 off....day 2 here I come!

Thanks hun!!  I've been doing weights, cycle, sprints and some other stuff but I never feel as good as I do after I do Insanity.  So I hope to keep it part of my weekly routine moving forward.  I just need to be more consistent ever week with whatever physical activity I decide to do.  Consistency is key and that is why I feel I've been slacking off.

Thanks for posting your experience.   

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl View Post

if it's any help, in my experience, it took a few months for the weight I'd lost during Insanity to return. like you, I continued doing it a few times per week but then eventually fizzled out during the way-too-hot Texas summer. I weighed the same as when I stopped for awhile, though I'm not sure if I stayed in shape (cardiovascularly) that entire time. either way, you should be fine for your AHR, even if you stopped today (not that you want to, just in case ; ).

AAHH!  You (and bride2012) totally motivated me to get started after I read through this thread!  You both look so amazing!  I am sure you look like you did at your wedding still!  The 6 days a week is a little intense I am finding!  You AHR will be so much fun!  YAY!!!