The Official INSANITY Support Thread

I did a round of Insanity Last year and tried to follow up with P90X, I just couldnt do it, Tony was just sooooo corny and the workouts were sooooooo slow and boring, especially after such a high energy workout like Insanity. If you order Insanity they have Hybrid calendars where you can do BOTH workouts for maximum benefits, that would give you the best results (IMHO).  P90X just doesnt motivate me the way Insanity does, plus there's NO cardio in P90x so, like Tori said, you would still have to find a way to to do something in addition to it to burn off fat.

Originally Posted by kswereda View Post

Hey ladies,

I've been debating over whether or not to try P90x or Insanity...have any of you done both and have  a preference as to which one will tone you up more? I hear mixed reviews about the two of them..not sure if I could commit to 90 days! :S 60 is more reasonable..however we already own P90x, but if Insanity does a better job than i'm willing to go out and get that. I'm not really wanting to lose weight just tone up!

Thanks in advance! :)

Yay Allison! I LOVE Insanity and it has given me GREAT results, I cant wait to hear how you're doing/keeping up.  Mind you its NOT easy and will take a LOT out of you.  Just "Focus and Go" Hit play everyday and you'll see dramastic (dramatic/fantastic) results!

My shakeology came with some recipes, I have the chocolate and mixed it with 1Tbsp Almond butter (like peanut butter but made with Almonds), 1 Tsp of Maple Syrup, 1 cup vanilla almond milk and ice, put it in the blender and was in HEAVEN!

Originally Posted by AlisonDawn View Post

My DVDs arrive tomorrow!!  

eee how exciting! I've decided to actually just do it the way it was designed, rather than 5 days on, 2 days off.

I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow when it gets here!   I have a feeling is going to kick my @$$, so I'll be needing help staying motivated! 

oh, anyone have any good shakeology recipes?? 

Allie, Insanity DOES fly by! Im glad you are loving it!!! Next months workouts will not only be harder, but they will be longer as well, but they are GREAT calorie scorchers (not just burners)!

Originally Posted by Allie2012 View Post

Hey Ladies, I just started week 3 of INSANITY and I love it!!! I haven't had a problem with motivation yet as the first month is flying by, but I'm already dreading month two as the workouts sound so much harder! Does anyone hate the cardio power and resistance dvd!? My legs are weak and I totally can't handle all that jumping! Anyways I think this is a great thread and hopefully we can all keep each other motivated :)

Originally Posted by kswereda View Post

Hey ladies,

I've been debating over whether or not to try P90x or Insanity...have any of you done both and have  a preference as to which one will tone you up more? I hear mixed reviews about the two of them..not sure if I could commit to 90 days! :S 60 is more reasonable..however we already own P90x, but if Insanity does a better job than i'm willing to go out and get that. I'm not really wanting to lose weight just tone up!

Thanks in advance! :)

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bride2012......Thanks for your encouraging words to all of us, it's nice to hear from people who have already been through the complete 60 days of insanity!  Oh and I saw your post-insanity pictures and you look AMAZING, I can only hope I look half as good as you!  Keep us posted in how Asylum is going. I'm debating on doing a couple of rounds of insanity or looking for something else to do in the new year as my wedding is over 6 months away. But as I still have 40 days of insanity left I guess I have plenty of time to figure it out ;)

Hey everyone,  just finished my first fit test!

Wow, am I ever exhausted! I knew it was going to be hard, but I could barely breathe after! I can't imagine doing that without Shaun T telling me to keep going!  Also, the thought of my dress fitting in 26 days kept me pushing to do more. And this was just day one!  haha

It was hard, but I sure do feel great and I look forward to tomorrow morning!

Maybe I'll take some photos tonight so I can track my progress. :)

Definitely take before photos, for yourself if nothing else! I was most sore after the fitness test so don't let it discourage you! You will be tired after the workouts but not as crippled (at least I was) as you are after the fit test!!!!

Originally Posted by AlisonDawn View Post

Hey everyone,  just finished my first fit test!

Wow, am I ever exhausted! I knew it was going to be hard, but I could barely breathe after! I can't imagine doing that without Shaun T telling me to keep going!  Also, the thought of my dress fitting in 26 days kept me pushing to do more. And this was just day one!  haha

It was hard, but I sure do feel great and I look forward to tomorrow morning!

Maybe I'll take some photos tonight so I can track my progress. :)

YAY! I love love this website! I could spend hours on it a day. I have just ordered the Insanity DVDs and will be starting at biggest loser cometition at work. It will be graet to do it with a bunch of people! I am getting married in June and really want to drop 40 pounds.

I know thats going to be so tough because I love eating and drinking wine!!!

Word to the Wise....Insanity is NOT for beginners, make sure you have a strong cardio base before starting.  I ran for 6 weeks straight before starting to make sure my heart was conditioned.  While working out my heart rate gets up to 180...so take it easy and go at your pace to make sure you can make it through the 60 days!!!

Good luck and I cant wait to hear your updates!!!

VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE!!!!!! I can honestly see insanity sending someone into cardiac arrest, I find my heart hurts sometimes! 

Originally Posted by Bride2012 View Post

Word to the Wise....Insanity is NOT for beginners, make sure you have a strong cardio base before starting.  I ran for 6 weeks straight before starting to make sure my heart was conditioned.  While working out my heart rate gets up to 180...so take it easy and go at your pace to make sure you can make it through the 60 days!!!

Good luck and I cant wait to hear your updates!!!

Hi Tori,

Your most recent post worries me. Maybe you should see your doctor. Are you checking your heart rate during the workouts?

Atalanta

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

VERY IMPORTANT ADVICE!!!!!! I can honestly see insanity sending someone into cardiac arrest, I find my heart hurts sometimes!