GROOM: with or without tie?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
  • VIP Member
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:34 PM

My husband wore a tie. I thought that it really finished his look and it popped in photos. It's certainly personal preference, but we never considered him not wearing a tie.

I would imagine in December the heat will be less of an issue than other months. I was married in March (albeit, in Cabo) and it was pretty mild - even cool once it got dark.

you can see the color 'pop' in this photo
    Click the image to open in full size.

#32 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

You are right, his tie does look awesome! Can I ask where you got the flower girl dress? It is adorable! My sis is planning on making our 2 girls dresses, but it is always nice to have a backup plan...
      My husband wore a tie. I thought that it really finished his look and it popped in photos. It's certainly personal preference, but we never considered him not wearing a tie.

I would imagine in December the heat will be less of an issue than other months. I was married in March (albeit, in Cabo) and it was pretty mild - even cool once it got dark.

you can see the color 'pop' in this photo

#33 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

thanks. my mom made the FG dress. I think the pattern was butterick. We used 3 different colors of tulle over satin to achieve the multi-colored effect. I LOVED her dress, I think more than my own!

#34 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:50 PM

Damn, that is awesome. Does she take orders? :-)

#35 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 02:06 PM

unfortunately, I don't think so

I am sure your sister can pull something similar off for you. It took us about an hour in the fabric store to find the right color combo. I am still so tickled that it turned out so cute. There is a fabulous photo of our FG sitting down during our ceremony with the tufts of tulle surrounding her. So cute.
            [/hijack]

#36 JulieG

JulieG
            • VIP Member
            • 8,323 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:16 PM

I did not pick out my FH's outfit, in fact I am not even allowed to see it until he is in it. lol I did tell him that I wanted a khaki suit or tan colour and that I wanted him to wear a tie. But he picked it all out on his own and I have no idea what it looks like.

#37 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:22 PM

Wow, the color of the tie really does pop! I love the way that looks :)

#38 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

Why not just let him decide which way he would prefer? I know Tom would always rather NOT wear a tie. :-)

#39 dragonfly

dragonfly
                  • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

I at first let Everton pick out his outfit, he came home with this awful wrinkly linen suit with a casual white shirt (the shirt he wore in our ttd photo's) the suit had to go back and then WE went to find him a suit I approved of, lol. We found his suit at Mexx it was the perfect material and a great bone colour. We then chose a shirt that was a very light blue/green colour and a beautiful tie that we fell in love with. The tie finished the suit so nicely, I am really glad he wore one. We got married in August and we were not hot, we got married at the perfect time of day and there was a nice breeze on the beach. Here is a picture of E in his suit.

#40 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dragonfly
                      I at first let Everton pick out his outfit, he came home with this awful wrinkly linen suit with a casual white shirt (the shirt he wore in our ttd photo's) the suit had to go back and then WE went to find him a suit I approved of, lol. We found his suit at Mexx it was the perfect material and a great bone colour. We then chose a shirt that was a very light blue/green colour and a beautiful tie that we fell in love with. The tie finished the suit so nicely, I am really glad he wore one. We got married in August and we were not hot, we got married at the perfect time of day and there was a nice breeze on the beach. Here is a picture of E in his suit.
                      Yes that outfit looks perfect -- to a tee!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users