GROOM: with or without tie?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:40 AM

No, I am def not picking something for him (unless he fails to get something by the time the wedding iis here!). But I had to change my "whatever you want to wear" and add "with my approval". Only b/c he thinks that you shouldn't have to wear a shirt if you are on the beach - wedding or not. So, needless to say, I changed my mind real quick and let him know that he can pick out anything he wants within reason. Can't be too careful!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by akh
    i am definitely seeing a trend that hadn't occured to me before, did you ladies all pick out what your guys will wear? am i the only one that never thought to pick it out for him? i guess he did show it to me after bought it, and i was with him when he picked out the pants ... but it never occured to me to actually pick something FOR him! lol

#22 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

ahhh yes, small detail. he did actually have to wear a shirt. good catch!

#23 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:46 AM

If I didn't do the research and give him some options, he'd probably show up in his swim shorts. As long as he's dressed I really don't care, but I have to be involved because to get him to take care of anything is like pulling teeth.

#24 lambert13

lambert13
        • 901 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by akh
          i am definitely seeing a trend that hadn't occured to me before, did you ladies all pick out what your guys will wear? am i the only one that never thought to pick it out for him? i guess he did show it to me after bought it, and i was with him when he picked out the pants ... but it never occured to me to actually pick something FOR him! lol
          I am in the same club as Paul. I picked everything out myself and did not even show Karen until the wedding day.

I went for the no tie look. It was already hot enough in the suit and shirt. I did bring one with me just in case I changed my mind at the last minute though.

#25 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:09 PM

the original guybera (sp?) shirt that paul bought he didn't like. so we went shopping the week before we left for Mexico, and he bought a couple light white shirts. he decided the morning of the wedding which one he was going to wear! then he wore the other one for our legal ceremony in Hawaii.

#26 BayBug

BayBug
            • 852 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

I love the tie look. FI is wearing a tan suit with a pink tie. I think it makes them look so cute.
              Angie

#27 Spazz

Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:15 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                No, I am def not picking something for him (unless he fails to get something by the time the wedding iis here!). But I had to change my "whatever you want to wear" and add "with my approval". Only b/c he thinks that you shouldn't have to wear a shirt if you are on the beach - wedding or not. So, needless to say, I changed my mind real quick and let him know that he can pick out anything he wants within reason. Can't be too careful!
                I said the same thing ("whatever you want to wear"), but then Mike got all excited and told his GMs they were wearing tux t-shirts. He even went so far as to research them online and find ones with bouteneirs that match my BMs dresses! So, saying I don't care what he wears only goes so far!

#28 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:19 PM

OMG, that is too funny. Once I told Matt that he HAD to wear a shirt, he said, fine how bout a tuxedo t-shirt? I told him NO WAY! Then I told him, we can do tuxedo t-shirts for the reception, cuz it is kinda funny. But I want at least some nice and pretty pics!

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lizz10179
                  I said the same thing ("whatever you want to wear"), but then Mike got all excited and told his GMs they were wearing tux t-shirts. He even went so far as to research them online and find ones with bouteneirs that match my BMs dresses! So, saying I don't care what he wears only goes so far!

#29 chicago88

chicago88
                  • 699 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

I told my FI what other GM's wore for there beach ceremony and he liked the idea as well as I. In the end I got the same response as always "whatever makes you happy."

Therese & Jay
                    Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                    http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#30 Spazz

Spazz
                    • VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      OMG, that is too funny. Once I told Matt that he HAD to wear a shirt, he said, fine how bout a tuxedo t-shirt? I told him NO WAY! Then I told him, we can do tuxedo t-shirts for the reception, cuz it is kinda funny. But I want at least some nice and pretty pics!
                      I told Mike he could wear the tux t-shirt the ENTIRE time we're there, with the exception of the actual ceremony because I want nice pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users