GROOM: with or without tie?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 DreamsTulumBride

• 766 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

I am undecided...

Marc will have a beige suite + white shirt but I still don't know if I want him to have a tie or not as well as a long sleeves shirt or not...

I don't want him to boil under the sun so after the ceremony + group portraits, he will want to take his suit off (I mean the top !) so we could take more casual pictures without boiling.

#2 royfa

• 2,201 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

I think a tie always looks nice but it can be hot for him as you say. My FI wants to wear a long sleeves shirt and I'm fine with it..
      Fannie & Pierre

#3 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:04 PM

i prefered the more casual look - so my vote is for no tie (Paul just wore khakis and a short sleeve shirt). but it's all about personal preference!

#4 sweetpeaslee30

• 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:08 PM

i would say no tie

#5 1elephant

• VIP Member
          • 15,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:09 PM

k's wearing a white suit, no tie...i'm surprised he's wearing a jacket, b/c we wanted it very casual.

i say no tie for casual, tie for dressier!

#6 SusanK

• VIP Member
            • 2,685 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:26 PM

Matt is wearing a khaki color suit w/ a tie. The GMs have the same suit, but no tie.
              Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#7 JulieG

• VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

My FH is wearing a suit, long sleeve shirt and tie. When we are done pics, he can take off the jacket and tie and roll up the sleeves of his shirt. I personally wanted him in a suit, he did not mind either way. The GM's are in the same pants, and a white button up shirt, no tie. I want the groom to stand out from the rest of the guys.

#8 Spazz

• VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

Mike is wearing khakis and a white button-down shirt, no tie. I like the casual look, but it's all a personal preference.

#9 amym567

• 403 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:43 PM

I actually bought my DH's tie THE NIGHT BEFORE WE LEFT FOR MEXICO!!! I finally agreed that he didn't have to wear a tie, then I saw one that matched my BM dresses perfectly! I am so happy he ended up wearing it, because I didn't make him wear the coat to his tan suit during the ceremony (one of my BM's was really pleading his case- she was at a wedding in Mexico where the groom ended up sick from the heat, so at the last minute she was begging me not to make Kevin wear it!). So, since he would've looked like the GM (they had the suit pants and same short sleeve white shirt he had), I was glad he had the tie!

#10 DreamsTulumBride

• 766 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:13 PM

I love the idea of rolling up the sleeves...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users