Sign in to follow this  
MrsHemmings

V's Semi DIY Totally Awesome NY Yankees Garter Belts!!!!!!!!!

Hello Ladies!

I am so happy with how my garter belts turned out that I could not wait to share.

I am really corny, so I wanted to incorporate some cheezzzy traditions into my wedding.

What better than the bouquet and garter toss?

Anyway, I decided to have a bit of fun with the garter belts and add a little touch that my FI would enjoy.  He is the ULTIMATE NY Yankees fan.

I work near a Yankees store in NYC and one day just happen to walk in looking for a cap for my son.  I noticed these NYY earrings and immediately got the idea to sew them onto the garter belts I got to match my gown.

Here is how they turned out.

Tell me what you think!

Garter Belt from David's Bridal $30

NY Yankees Earrings $6

DSC00091.JPG

DSC00092.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

DSC00095.JPG

DSC00109.JPG

ALL DONE!!!!!

DSC00104.JPG

What a great idea!!

what a great idea!! My FH is a packers fan so I was struggling with how to make a DIY Packers garter... I have seen some on Ebay but they are covered in logos, I prefer your idea!  I am on a hunt for GB Packers earrings now! Thanks so much!

I think I will be stealing your idea!!!  I agree, all the sites that offer "theme" garters are just too much!  This is perfect!

hatfiehm-  Try footballfanatics.com ... I went there for Spartan and Red Wings earring and both had multiple pairs for only $6.95.  I'm sure they will have a good selection for the Packers!

Originally Posted by hatfiehm View Post

what a great idea!! My FH is a packers fan so I was struggling with how to make a DIY Packers garter... I have seen some on Ebay but they are covered in logos, I prefer your idea!  I am on a hunt for GB Packers earrings now! Thanks so much!