Grand Riviera Princess - Dinner Menu Help...Plssss

It really is stressful. But we all have to remeber that its all gonna work out :)

I just wish it was easier to communicate with them. Im now waiting to see how much the royalty package and the gala room with buffett is going to be. I hope it not what im thinking and them charging me $70 pp.

I was looking at the plated menus meals last night and my gosh i dont even know what have of them are. I wonder if you can adjust the menu...pick what you want and get them to create a menu for you. Im sure that would cost extra but then at least your getting exactly what you want.

Oh and i forget to tell you about the photographer that were going to use. There called Blue lens photography.. and the pics they take are amazing. I just love how they capture the moment and arent to abstract about the pics. U should check them out.

Are you using the hotels centerpieces that they provide or are you using an outside vendor??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vancity.....how much does that photgrapher charge. I believe from reading somewhere that it was 75 dollars to bring someone else in but who knows. Also the gala room is that info in any of the information the wc sent. I think i might be interested in that. Do they have a dj as well. This is so difficult. My wedding is less then 6 mnths away and i am so frazzled.

I know its so hard planning a wedding from a far.. but it will be an amazing event.

The photographer isnt too bad. I think the package that were going to use is $1250 and it includes a photographer for 4 hours, 80 edited photos and then an albulm with those 80 photos..so its an ok deal. I just really like there work. And yes it is $70-75 for the photographer to come into the resort for the day. But i just want to have amazing pics :)

Regarding the gala room.. i had requested it because ive always wanted to do an indoor reception and because im having over 40ppl you have to do either a private beach wedding or something in a gala room. If you have under 40ppl it might not be worth it cause you have to pay for 40. But just ask ur WC to send you info. Its hard because your basically paying for an entire other wedding on top of the package that your playing for. But the WC said that we could use the dinner provided for a welcome dinner.. so thats kinda cool! And unforunatley the DJ isnt provided, thats another charge :(

How far along is your planning coming??

How many ppl do you have attending??

I have read great reviews on Blue Lens and agree that they work looks amazing.  Your pictures will be wonderful!!  We are a smaller group (approx 30) and we are opting for the semi-private reception so I don't think I will need the centerpeices. I just read in another forum that a bride went the semi-private route and arranged for the beach party from 8-10 pm.  Excluding the dinner was less expensive.  I love this option and will investigate further.

It sounds like your planning is coming along nicely! 

Thats so funny.. cause i just read that review too about her doing the semi-private dinner and then doing a beach dance party. Thats a great idea!  I didnt know that was possible either. I guess u wont know until you ask. Cause ive been asking tons of things that i didnt think were possible. And all they can say is either yes or no. So its worth a shot.

And yes im very excited to use Blue lens.. i cant wait!

And with the centerpieces if your only doing a quick dinner it might not be worth it. But you should def check out that lasy im using ..she is actually not that bad for prices. Just send her what you want in a pic and then she will give you a quote :)

Planning is going ok.... I just wished all the info was right in front of me. I looked into the photographer you are doing. Great pics...but they do not offer anything like 2 hour packages...since i am having a super small wedding. I honestly dont even know how many people will show up.

Kelley...do you know how much that beach party is?

Have you not received any info yet??? Who is your WC?  

Even with all the info in front of you, trust me its still a little overwhelming. My mom is coming into town this weekend to look over "My book" and go through everything with me. Its alot of work these weddings.

And yes if your not having a huge wedding its prob not worth the cost. There are tons of photographers out there. I just love them the best. I have a few other names of photographers out there if you want to check them out :)

Hello ladies,

I am just reading you words and I can tell you my plan for my wedding week.( maybe can give you ideas...never know) I just want to tell you that I do choose very simple thing for my wedding. I am six weeks before leaving and things can changes, but I don't mind I will be in vacation with my family and friends and I know it will be the best day ever after having my son.

june 2 : leaving Montréal

june 3 : Welcome activitie 10 am to 2 pm, we invited all off our guests to a private catamaran (www.paradisecatamarans.com  )

june 4: wedding day

1 pm hairdo by my friend ( I will do a pratice in a hair salon, the lady will show to my bridemaide how to do it) Then I am sure to have what I want...no suprise and worry)

2h30  pm to 4 pm cocktail in the room whit my 3 bridemaides and make up. I did make up lurning so I can do min.

4 pm Aléandra will pick me and my bridemaids up at the room to bring us to the gazebo.

4h 30 pm  Cocktail and photos on the beach

6 pm dinner at mama mia

8 pm we will go at the piano bar to dance

10 pm we will take a radio on the beach and have fun there or we will go in the disco depend, what we feel for

june 9 every one are leaving excepted us and my parent's in law ( they will help us with our 4 years old son than we will have a time alone)

june 16 we are leaving

Can you tell me when your bridemaides will do there entrance? I don't know when they should do it? Any idea? And if you want to share any idea I will love it.

Good luck with all planning, and don't forget that is easily that way then doing it at home!!!