Photo

Choosing maid of honor help

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:29 PM

Just choose both of them. I don't thinks there is something wrong with it. When my friend has two MOH. She couldn't choose also because she wants her only sister and bestfriend have a speial part in the wedding. 

#22 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
    • 20 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

What do you do when your friends/family ask to be MOH or in your bridal party?

#23 StThomas2011

StThomas2011
      • 41 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

You can do whatever makes you happy!  I was the co-MOH in a very traditional wedding state side wedding.  It's not longer the norm to have one MOH and one Best Man....it's whatever works best for your scenario.  I've been to weddings where there are 2 MOHs and only 1 best man or vice versa. 

My husband and I got lucky because he had a brother and I had a sister, so we just went with the two of them instead of making it complicated and asking half of our guests to be in the wedding party!

#24 MrsSCK

MrsSCK
        • 20 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:41 AM

What do you think about having no attendants, including a maid of honor or best man?  Have you ever been to a wedding like that?

Thanks!

#25 redginger

redginger
          • 360 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:53 PM

I think a destination wedding (or any wedding) can be whatever you want. My fiance and I decided not to have any attendants, including no maid of honor and no best man. We told our family and friends that we just want them to enjoy the wedding/vacation and not have to worry about the responsibilities and stress of being in a wedding party. They were relieved because none of them have been to a destination wedding.

Originally Posted by MrsSCK 

What do you think about having no attendants, including a maid of honor or best man?  Have you ever been to a wedding like that?

Thanks!

#26 jwilson

jwilson
            • 40 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:17 AM

Have two MOHs! that will double the fun... maybe you just need to have definite assignments for each to avoid overlaps.

#27 Mandy1021

Mandy1021
              • 19 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

I was having the same problem, then after a stupid argument with one of my friends (The one who I was leaning more to be my Maid of Honour,and I didn't even know why we were arguing, hence the stupid comment) I decided after that that I would have NO Maid of Honour!

I haven't really told any of the girls yet, as far as the four girls know they're all my Bridesmaids, only two of them are probably thinking they will be my Maid of Honour, I guess I should mention it to them, although I don't think they will be too upset. I think there would be more hurt feelings if I picked one friend over the other.

I'm just going to have my Mom sign the papers for me I think. I have always wanted my Mom to be a part of my wedding. I never thought it was fair that your Dad gets to give you away and your Mom gets to do nothing; I want them both to walk me down the aisle :).

#28 Evgal

Evgal
                • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

I agree with other posters, 2 MOH's sounds good.  

#29 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

I agree!! do Two MOH's, or None and have all just Bridesmaids! it avoids you having to make the tough decision or hurt anyone's feelings! in my case, my sister and i made a vow to each other when we were kids, that when we grew up and got married, we would be eachother's MOH's.. so that's exactly what we did :)

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users