DIY Invite Printing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 harkatea

• 161 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi Girls,

I noticed a lot of people were printing their invites on their own.  I know some were using vista print.  I wanted to know if you all have recommendations on where to print invites?  Did you use an online service?  A neighborhood service?  Did you have to resize everything?  Anyone use their own printer?  Any advice would be great.

#2 Maritza919

• 421 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hi Kate, My Fsil is going to make my invitations and she uses a regular printer. She's a graphic designer so she knows how to make things look special. Especially if it's for her brother's wedding! :) She's been making invitations for a while now. Makes beautiful stuff. I know if she needs papers cut I believe she goes to a store and they cut it for her and they charge her per cut. But it's still cheaper than having them made. Depending on how elaborate you want them. There's a whole bunch of forums which tell you how to make invitations. See if you like any :) Maritza

#3 mandys

• 181 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

I wouldn't use my own printer - try a local print shop, or a Staples. The local print shop may cost a little more, but at least they know what they are doing.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
        April 2012

#4 KrysP

• 28 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:55 PM

I've read people take the file down to the store (Staples) on a memory stick and get it printed there.

#5 X-Chan

• 166 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

I use my home printer. It was a cheap printer that came with my computer as a promotion. I've hard a big share of printers though and I used to do a lot of home printing for my business. As long as you know how to set the proper settings they do the trick :)

For the one I have now, it prints up to letter size (8.5x11). If I'm printing on cardstock I have to feed it through the back opening so that it goes through straight and I make sure to set the right paper and feed settings on the print options.

#6 crys419

• 15 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:08 AM

So not an option for me. Mine eats paper and leaves drag marks...blech!

#7 harkatea

• 161 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

Yeah, I was toying with the idea of printing at home, but it sounds easier (and cheaper in the long run) to just have some of the stuff printed for me.

#8 lopey99

• 159 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

im gonna stay late and possibly try work printer :o if its not good enough quality i think i'll take them to printers

#9 kris9685

• 173 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

We need to buy a new printer for our house, so I'm going to try printing at home. If its really that bad I'll go to a store, but I've done invitations at home before & everything has come out fine. Just make sure you have enough ink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users